Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-06-02, 10:45pm
honorary bead lady

WOOHOO!
Old 2013-06-03, 10:21am
I'm meeeeelting

What classes are you guys taking? I'm in Kobuki's basic marble class, Polly's dragon marble class and Shawn's perfume bottle class. I feel like I should apologize to Shawn in advance. Must.Practice.Blowing this summer. I can't believe I'm taking all boro classes.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-06-03 at 10:25am.
Old 2013-06-03, 12:49pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
OOO OOO I'd love to help Felicia Although it might be too heavy to use when we get done with it !

I'm still on cloud 9 after the scheduling yesterday!
Now...what to demo, what to demo? Have NO clue yet!
I'm grinning from ear to ear tho!
(feeling a bit better after surgery and even melted a bit O'Glass today)
:love"
You girlz rock, I love yous! What a way to help a girl out...you and Felicia are the BEST! Jo, be very scared......bring shades!
Jo, so happy you're coming!
woooohooooo!

Old 2013-06-03, 12:55pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
I feel like I should apologize to Shawn in advance. Must.Practice.Blowing this summer. I can't believe I'm taking all boro classes.
Lol, Felicia I adore you, sweetie...you made my day with this one! It has happened to the best of us, so proud of you for taking the hard leap!

Well, just signed 3 more up today...looks like we may be FULL! There are a few torch classes left, all good ones too. IF someone else wants to squeeze in please review what is still open before applying!

Karen H, you are amazing....I am in awe of your powers (and well, just YOU!)

The wild, Wild WEST theme is moving right along....looking for David's ponies next And boots......

Old 2013-06-03, 1:22pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
It has happened to the best of us, so proud of you for taking the hard leap!
LOL. It's not some big decision to move to the dark side. Usually, I take a boro class and a couple of soft glass classes, but the soft glass classes I would have liked to take are all when I'm teaching. I do love making boro marbles (and I heard that Polly's class was a blast last year), but I suck at tubing. This will be a good way to get me to practice in the hopes that I don't completely fall on my face and humiliate myself in class.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-06-03 at 4:27pm.
Old 2013-06-03, 9:56pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
LOL. It's not some big decision to move to the dark side. Usually, I take a boro class and a couple of soft glass classes, but the soft glass classes I would have liked to take are all when I'm teaching. I do love making boro marbles (and I heard that Polly's class was a blast last year), but I suck at tubing. This will be a good way to get me to practice in the hopes that I don't completely fall on my face and humiliate myself in class.
I so identify with this. I usually make myself take boro classes at glass stock, just because its healthy to leave my comfort zone. I generally love them, but they also confirm for me every year that I am a soft glass girl, right down to my core. This year could be the year that converts me though, you never know!

-
-
Old 2013-06-03, 10:22pm
honorary bead lady

I guess I need to practice some huh???
Boro Marbles w/ Hugh (before I get to many bad habits)
Floral spray Boro Demo w/ Eric (why the hell not)
Vitrograph w/ Sue (cuz I may punch a hole in my big kiln)
Curved Glass Beads w/ Leslie (cuz it looked so cool last year)
Human Forms Boro w/ Eric (because I'm not pushed into it)
Perfume Bottles w/ Shawn (Tubing man, tubing!)
Old 2013-06-04, 9:42am
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Darn Felicia, that happens to one staffer every year, it is so hard to schedule 50 classes! At least you got your one favorite pick and now some tubing fun!
BIG hugs (and sorry!) deb

Old 2013-06-04, 9:48am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lol, Mel, it just might be the year! I melt pretty much any glass....sometimes I do more soft, sometimes boro, but every week I play with both. I usually do some fusing weekly and most summers I do 1 or 2 tiffany style lampshades, a few Stained Glass windows lately too....ah...I just LOVE glass!

David, that sure sounds like a great schedule!

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm this morning!
deb

Old 2013-06-04, 10:03am
I'm meeeeelting

No worries at all, Deb. I'm not disappointed in any of my pics, even if I wouldn't have necessarily opted to take them all the same year. I've yet to find a bad class at Glass Stock.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-04, 10:14am
JulieV

Dichro soft glass beads - Lisa St. Martin
Goldfish cane & murrini - Jodi McDougall
Fused mosaic dichro pendant - Kathy Liguori
Curved soft glass beads - Leslie Thiel
Just encase - Jodi McDougall
Silk dying - Kris Ball

Can't wait!

Old 2013-06-04, 4:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

I took Jodie's fish murrini class last year, Julie. It was a lot of fun. I've been wanting to take Leslie's curved bead class FOREVER (in Seattle and at Glass Stock) and I never manage to be able to do it. Sigh. Some day. I tried dichro for the first time in a class of Lisa's, too. She rocks.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-05, 1:06am
Glassy Broad :-)

The BEST thing about Glass Stock? There are NO BAD CLASSES!

I'm so excited, and I'm getting my hair started with the flames this next weekend. Might just be the thing to cheer me up and get me to healing faster!
How many more sleeps?

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-06-05, 5:41am
JulieV

For sure eh! It is going to be such a blast! I believe there will now be at least 2 annual events that I will never miss now. This one and Whistler's Molten Experience.....wish I could say the Gathering was one, but location (my funding) dictates that one for me.

Old 2013-06-05, 9:45am
I'm meeeeelting

I went to my first Gathering last year, because it was in Seattle. I had a great time, but I wouldn't give up Glass Stock for it. I haven't been able to make it to the Whistler retreat yet, for various reasons, but I hope to one of these years.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-11, 6:50pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Nita, how many sleeps?? SO cute...my granddaughter would smile that you remembered! Hope your feeling better darlin'...big painfree hugs!

Julie..ahh..thanks! Felicia too....I can't imagine a year without GS and all of you!!!
warm fuzzies!
deb

Old 2013-06-11, 8:50pm

Ready for GS!! Bring on the flames!!!

Old 2013-06-12, 3:17pm
JulieV

Are you kidding?! That is fantastic!

Old 2013-06-12, 10:10pm

Love the hair I might need to see my color wizard for some hair color this year.

Old 2013-06-15, 11:41am
Wooohooo,GS!

OK, Nita, IT IS YOUR FAULT....now I am gonna hafta do something with my plain hair! That is awesome girl! At least mine is getting lighter every year with the silver coming in more....maybe some purple for me

Well, we are FULL to the brim at GS West....we are going to have a blast! Wooohooo!
deb

Old 2013-06-15, 1:51pm

Yay for full!!!! More peeps mean more fun! Cannot. Wait.
Oh and Deb? I'll take all of the credit, but only part of the blame for the hair mmmkay?

Old 2013-06-15, 6:48pm
honorary bead lady

CRAP! Does this mean I have to dye mine?
Old 2013-06-15, 7:09pm
I'm meeeeelting

Yes. Pink.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-15, 7:49pm
honorary bead lady

I was thinking orange
Old 2013-06-15, 7:58pm
I'm meeeeelting

Okay.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-06-16, 7:51am
JulieV

David, you can get a 'chalk' (for hair) that washes out....it's fun to play with.
I'll be there with turquoise streaks!

Old 2013-06-16, 9:15am

Deb, call me

_
Old 2013-06-16, 2:28pm

Okay... now I am thinking you guys are right about how crazy fun this is going to be. Although being this is the first time going, I will observe the crazy hair colors, and not be the crazy hair color...lol

I would love to see some pics of the hat glass contests from years past. I have no idea of the extent to go on this. Do we make them before we get there?

Old 2013-06-16, 5:40pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsonawire View Post

I would love to see some pics of the hat glass contests from years past. I have no idea of the extent to go on this. Do we make them before we get there?
Yes, but I don't think last years winner can be topped
Old 2013-06-16, 6:10pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsonawire View Post
Although being this is the first time going, I will observe the crazy hair colors, and not be the crazy hair color...lol
I will observe, too, and maybe point and laugh a little.

The hat can be made of glass or can have glass items that you've made attached to it. Donna, last year's winner, isn't coming this year, so all bets are off on who and what will win it. By the way, she's since removed the fish and replaced it with a glass flower.

Foot Pedal Tutorial: