Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-01-25, 10:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taneres View Post
could be.....I am so bad with names.
I am so bad with faces -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-25, 10:51pm
Hakuna Matata

Oh just for fun

Pic’s of last years Bead Retreat

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559165618LKGjhh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-25, 11:14pm
Established Thinker I Am

that was fun!

l
l
l
Old 2008-01-25, 11:20pm
Booger #7

Whew!!! Thank goodness, Sharon has me in a pic that I haven't had one snarktini too many!

Old 2008-01-25, 11:22pm
Hakuna Matata

I wished I had taken more pictures so much went on.

Old 2008-01-26, 2:18am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie View Post
I'm going to seriously consider signing up...but I'm also going to try to learn all I can so that I won't seem too much of a dumb@$$. Ummm...can I have the names of some of the newbies that were there last year and no one has seen since?
I guarantee that you'd not think I was very yummy!
*I* was a newbie last year.... and before ANYONE goes trying to contradict me -- it's TRUE! I had about less than 100 hours of torching before I went last year - that equals NEWBIE!!!

And all newbies returned in one piece -- it was the unfortunate mishaving beads that wound up dunked in the lake... never to return lol

Old 2008-01-26, 2:20am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by taneres View Post
um, I can't think of her name, but I can see her face. She had long blonde hair and was quite young. I think she was from somewhere close and came with her mom? Does that sound familiar to anyone or am I just making this up?
they were from KS - I''m losing it -- I talked to them for weeks afterward -- dang.... I'm embarrassed -- but it IS 3 am and I have been out clubbing... maybe it'll come to me tomorrow.....

there was Kim's friend Heidi -- so new she didn't even have a rod of glsas to her name... lol

There was Carl -- had only made about 6 beads before he came....

Old 2008-01-26, 6:47am
Smooches!

Great Pictures Sharon!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-01-26, 8:24am
Optimistic Pariah

Thanks for sharing the pics, Sharon. Good times!

She laughed like someone who had thought hard about life and had seen the joke.

Old 2008-01-26, 8:27am
Optimistic Pariah

Thanks for the compliments on the banner, guys. I've been meaning to do one of those for years.
Melissa, you could make a really cool one out of your Galileo pendants.
(BTW, Tess is MINE - as soon as I sell some more beads. Anybody else buys it and I'll hunt you dowwwnnn.)

Old 2008-01-26, 8:30am
Hakuna Matata

Yep I'm a newbie I took my first class in late January and only had a few practice sessions at the torch be for the retreat in May. Hey my one year Anniversary is this week.

Wow Becky arrived a newbie and left a pro.

Everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and offer to let you try out the torches and tools. Not to mention the entire How to classes, demos and DVD’s available to watch. I think what you will get from this experience is more self-confidence. We don’t judge each other we just Ooooooo and Aaaaaa and share techniques.

Old 2008-01-26, 8:34am
Hakuna Matata

Glad you are enjoying the pics we were so lucky to have great weather.
I think less than 10 people left to go shopping. Everyone was afraid to leave and miss something.

Old 2008-01-26, 8:46am
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

Great pics, Sharon! It's so cool that I can even put names to more than a few!! Looks like everyone was having a great time!

CA gift numbers:
Old 2008-01-26, 11:37am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Well, it really looks like fun, and I didn't see ANY dead bodies...one that was almost grilled, but no dead ones! LOL I think I'm going to have to ask my hubby if I can go, that soon after Vegas. Where in Missouri is it, in relation to Joplin or Springfield? It'll probably be about a 11-14 hour drive for me, but I could make 9 hrs of the drive and then spend the night with my sister in NE Oklahoma, and head out the next morning for the rest of it. It sounds like a really good weekend, and one that I wouldn't feel too much of a newbie. When is the deadline for letting you know?
Old 2008-01-26, 2:39pm
<--misses Austin buddies

I'm pretty sure the deadline is when we hit 48 people... lol. that's how many spots there are in the 4 condos. Are you part of the yahoo. group yet? There's oodles more info and pictures on that.

We had people drive from Minnesota last year and THEY thought it was SO worth the 11 - 12 hour drive!

Old 2008-01-26, 8:13pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspertorch View Post
*I* was a newbie last year.... and before ANYONE goes trying to contradict me -- it's TRUE! I had about less than 100 hours of torching before I went last year - that equals NEWBIE!!!

And all newbies returned in one piece -- it was the unfortunate mishaving beads that wound up dunked in the lake... never to return lol
well, technically, wouldn't the beads still be there, only for us snarktini filled beadmakers to return? LOL

miss you guys this weekend!!!

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-01-26, 8:21pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I mentioned it to my husband and he just looked at me like "Another trip?" But, I'm going to try to convince him that this would really be a good thing. Got my fingers crossed!!
Old 2008-01-26, 8:40pm
make beads not war

Show him the pictures and all the things you can learn... for $60!
Old 2008-01-26, 9:19pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by art-jewelry-designs View Post

Wow Becky arrived a newbie and left a pro.
Precisely! THAT'S how good this weekend is... lol

Old 2008-01-27, 7:09am
Formerly SirWatson

Yes please come! We want as many glassy people as possible!

<><
Old 2008-01-27, 7:40am
Formerly SirWatson

I was just thinkin'.....how hilarious would it be to have our own composite image from the retreat!? You know, a large poster-sized image with a picture and name for each of us...just like a fraternity or sorority! LOL!

We could have a lot of fun taking the pictures of everyone at the retreat and I'd LOVE to put it together!

It would look similar to the image below...of course much more colorful and FUN!

I think CafePress has posters you can create, so I could put it out there after the retreat for anyone who's interested.

What do you guys think?

<><
Old 2008-01-27, 8:11am
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWatson View Post
I was just thinkin'.....how hilarious would it be to have our own composite image from the retreat!? You know, a large poster-sized image with a picture and name for each of us...just like a fraternity or sorority! LOL!

We could have a lot of fun taking the pictures of everyone at the retreat and I'd LOVE to put it together!

It would look similar to the image below...of course much more colorful and FUN!

I think CafePress has posters you can create, so I could put it out there after the retreat for anyone who's interested.

What do you guys think?
OMG, how fun!

You guys are the only sorority that I've ever been in or would want to be in!!!

Maybe we could come up w/a kewl glassy greek name for our retreat and use that on the posters and maybe on the rings Sharon's gonna teach us???

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004

Old 2008-01-27, 8:33am
Smooches!

Yes Karla! I love that idea!

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-01-27, 9:18am
make beads not war

Awesome idea! LOL... that would be great.
Old 2008-01-27, 9:54am
Optimistic Pariah

I would love it! And I love Stacy's idea for the greek name, and on the rings, too.

Old 2008-01-27, 10:46am
Formerly SirWatson

So.....what should our "greek" name be?

MBP - Mu Beta Rho (for Missouri Bead Retreat)? LOL! I think it's even available!

I can't to see what you all come up with!

<><
Old 2008-01-27, 10:49am
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

LOL I love it!

Such cool ideas! It just makes me that much more excited, I gotta say!

CA gift numbers:
Old 2008-01-27, 11:32am
Booger #7

I loooooove the greek idea! That is a hoot!

Old 2008-01-27, 12:39pm
Metallic Flame Studios

can we incorporate the Greek thing into the T-shirts too???? That would be fun and it gives us a "group identity"....

Old 2008-01-27, 12:45pm
Formerly SirWatson

I'm cool with that! Does that mean you guys like our "greek" organization to be known as:

Mu Beta Rho or MBP?

<><