LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-11-11, 7:16pm

Exclamation Angel Tutorial Request

Sisnce there are a TON of people in here, maybe someone will see this!

My best friend is very sick and asked me to make her a Glass Angel. I haven't a CLUE where to begin and I really need some help. ANYONE, if you are able to help me, please PM me?
OR Can you post a tutorial?
thanks a million!
Lynnie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:
Old 2005-11-11, 7:26pm

Somewhere there is a turorial for making those little kidlets. I wonder if you could make those with little wings. They would be very cute.
I don't have the bookmark for it anymore but I will try to find it.
Old 2005-11-11, 7:45pm

THANK YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchie
Somewhere there is a turorial for making those little kidlets. I wonder if you could make those with little wings. They would be very cute.
I don't have the bookmark for it anymore but I will try to find it.

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 7:57pm
Blazedancer

Thumbs up

There is a great tutorial on kidlets by Lori Peterson on the first page of the tutorials section, with pics and everything, absolutely fabulous! I made some as a gift for a teacher and it was a huge hit. Easy to add wings on the back (I think!). It's one of the best tutorials I've ever seen posted, thanks Lori!
Martha
Fat Dog Designs

Last edited by fatdogdesigns; 2005-11-11 at 7:59pm. Reason: spelling!
Old 2005-11-11, 8:02pm
Optimistic Pariah

If you make the kidlets with the tutorial by Lori, perhaps Amy of Torch By Night beads will post a tutorial on how she does wings - they are awesome.

She laughed like someone who had thought hard about life and had seen the joke.

Old 2005-11-11, 8:51pm

I made a bunny with the Snowman Tutorial - just one section for a head shaped into a ball. I was thinking while I was making it how much it looked like an angel.

I have an angel sheep listed on eBay now - if you check the halo, it's goldstone suspended by clear glass so it looks like it's floating.

Good luck!

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2005-11-11, 9:06pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Oh my gosh, you guys are the best! Thank you for the kind words!!! Yes, I have added wings onto the kidlets before to make angels. Let me see if I can find a picture.....

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2005-11-11, 9:22pm

Wow I came back with the link and you already have the info.
Can't get the link to work but I am sure you can find it in the tutorials.
Lori that angel is just too cute.
The goldstone in clear is a great idea for a halo. I was just thinking how nice the wings would look with silver dichro.
Don't forget to post it when you are finished I would love to see it.
Ruth

Last edited by torchie; 2005-11-11 at 9:24pm.
Old 2005-11-11, 9:24pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Wings, they be easy On the side of the object, swipe a line of glass, pulling it out to the side a little at the end. Next swipe, start a little inside that first swipe and end a little before the last one did. One more swipe and I'm done Make sure to heat that joint good, and round off the ends of the swipes that are swooping out!

Or, if you do that, melt them all together and then mash the boogers out of it, you get flat wings. She's naked, but she's in the bathroom, so deal with it..ha!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-11, 9:25pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Oh! and THANKS, Robyn! Hee hee!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-11, 9:35pm

WOW you guys THANK YOUY! You should post these for posterity in the tutorials,,, I'll se if I can combine some of this stuff to come up with my angel thanks!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 9:37pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Don't forget to take pictures of it before you give it away- we want to see!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-11, 9:38pm

Nikki I checked out the Ange Sheepo, I LOVE her! thank you! I have goldstone Filigrana, that will work I bet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads
I made a bunny with the Snowman Tutorial - just one section for a head shaped into a ball. I was thinking while I was making it how much it looked like an angel.

I have an angel sheep listed on eBay now - if you check the halo, it's goldstone suspended by clear glass so it looks like it's floating.

Good luck!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 9:40pm

OK I'll givie it it's own thread in the Gallery (if it is any good) thank you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchbynight
Don't forget to take pictures of it before you give it away- we want to see!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 9:49pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Lori, I just love your kidlets and this ones with wings is just too cute for words.

The goddess is Beautiful!

I made one angle a long time ago, she was sent off right away to my godmother in memory of her Niece who was missing. 9 years later she is still missing, but finally her husband is coming up for trial on her murder.

Old 2005-11-11, 9:50pm

Lynnie - I just posted the bunny in the gallery. Just the base - head and flared bottom - would be perfect, too. Good call on the filigrana, I want to see pics now!
I do love all the examples everyone posted. Can this be moved elsewhere to keep???

~:
~:

~:

Old 2005-11-11, 9:53pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Thanks, Shawn

Nikki! You're doing frogs now, too! I love the one on the rainbow bead that you have up now! Veeeeery cute

Amy K

Old 2005-11-11, 9:57pm

Amy - Hey, not fair, I was just off checking out your beads. Love the corset - you need a goth one in purple/black or red/black, too. The vampire heart is just too cool.

Yeah, the frogs hopped off to a life of their own. Who knew?

~:
~:

~:

Old 2005-11-11, 9:57pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Yes, Let me move this to the tech area.
I wanna see what Lynnie comes up with.
I have watched this bead maker grow in the last year and It's been a wonderful journey, to see how much she has grown and shared her heart and passion.

Old 2005-11-11, 9:58pm

Yeah!!! Thanks so much, Shawn!!!

*dancing off - I have a Lynnie bead already!*

~:
~:

~:

Old 2005-11-11, 9:59pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Nikki, I do have a black and red one... but it's miiiiiiiiiiiiiine...hee hee!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-11, 10:35pm

Shawn if you moved this thread THANK YOU! I couldn't get anyone's attention till I ran to the bathroom to pee! LOL

Thanks for the kind words ladies, you have all been so genrous to me, helping me learn. It is really important to me that I succeed as a lampworker, I am hoping his will help me support us, otherwise we are in BIG trouble!

OK I am off to the gallery to look at the pictures, i PROMISE I'll share whatever I make (even if they suck at first, maybe you can steer me the right way LOL)
hugs
Lynnie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 10:36pm

Shawn the angel is darling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T
Lori, I just love your kidlets and this ones with wings is just too cute for words.

The goddess is Beautiful!

I made one angle a long time ago, she was sent off right away to my godmother in memory of her Niece who was missing. 9 years later she is still missing, but finally her husband is coming up for trial on her murder.

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-11, 10:45pm

Lynnie - I can't wait to see them, and my thoughts/prayers go out to your friend. She already has an angel in you, but a glassy reminder of that will be nice.

And Amy... You're a little snot. I just showed the pink/white one to my roomie, and his jaw dropped.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2005-11-11, 10:48pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Thanks, Shawn

Nikki! You're doing frogs now, too! I love the one on the rainbow bead that you have up now! Veeeeery cute
Amy......

Perusing your beadies again!!! OMG, girl, what YOU can do with RED amazes me!!! Other "red" beads just don't have your ZING!!!

Keep up the bloody good work, (pun intended)

Stac

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2005-11-11, 10:50pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Ok, major blushing goin on here...lol! Thanks, y'all!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-13, 9:31pm

OK Here are the angels I mamaged to make (that didn't crack)

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-13, 9:48pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelady
OK Here are the angels I mamaged to make (that didn't crack)

Lynne,

Your Angels ROCK!

I love them all but, the the first one is speaking to me!

SWEET! Have a great night, Dawn

Old 2005-11-13, 10:03pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Lynnie, they're BEAUTIFUL! You put so much into them, but they have no *busy* feel to them- more of a wonderfully decorated home Yay!!

Amy K

Old 2005-11-13, 10:09pm

You are all too kind. I had FOUR crack.. but the last batch all held up GREAT.. I HATE working with the Caliente glass (white ones), cuz I am not good with med hard glass yet, ..,. I'll keep tryin. I love the top one best

thanks all of you for the help..which one should I give her? NONE,right? LOL I am going to try again tomorrow! BTW A special thanks to Calm Water for her ideas! I modelled these after hers...
Hugs
Lynnie
Quote:
Lynnie, they're BEAUTIFUL! You put so much into them, but they have no *busy* feel to them- more of a wonderfully decorated home Yay!!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:

Last edited by danelady; 2005-11-14 at 2:33pm.