Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-10, 10:59am
My lab pups - Mojo & Babe

Default Anyone sell the fence post glass storage units?

I was buying them from GlassFreeks but they arent selling the any longer.

Or

Does anyone know what type/brand is used?

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Old 2011-08-10, 11:02am
Mr Brutus RIP

if you go to lowes.com you can find them under vinyl fencing. You can order and cut your own.........
sue

Old 2011-08-10, 11:08am
Did someone say SALE?

Our Lowes does not carry them anymore, but the local Menards does.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:23am

My husband welded a frame that will hold 100 two inch PVC tubes. They're fitted into the frame diagonally to accommodate all tubes. The front ends of the tubes are cut on the diagonal for easy rod removal. The bottom tubes are longer on the back side to accommodate some of my longer glass rods. Being slightly OCD, I have all my glass arranged by color with all my striking/reducing glass on one side of the storage unit so I don't use them accidentally. My stringers are divided by transparent and opaque colors and stored in utensil holders found in the house ware sections in your favorite store.

Last edited by CatsEye Beads; 2011-08-10 at 11:27am.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:28am
Meet Molly

My Lowe's doesn't carry the fence post vinyl pieces either.

But if you speak to the store manager he may be willing to order them for you free of charge from another Lowe's. This was done for me a few months ago. I was not charged any shipping. I was call when my Lowe's received them. It took about 1 week.
Old 2011-08-10, 1:30pm
Always smiling, again.

Check out this thread in the Studio section, Lea (LAJ) provided the link in post #28 http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=191634

Old 2011-08-10, 3:40pm
My lab pups - Mojo & Babe

Thanks for the tips everyone! Will investigate.

|
|

Old 2011-08-10, 7:26pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Home Depot

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2011-08-10, 7:50pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Yup, that was the link I gave Lea! I would think if you ordered on line they would have them shipped to any lowes.....
sue

Old 2011-08-10, 9:10pm

Default Lowes

I had to special order them and cut them.

They are by a company called Barrette. I was going to look the number up for you, but the Lowes site is down right now. If you want to know the number PM me and I will look it up later in the week.

Sue
Old 2011-08-11, 11:00am
apt to wander....

Just curious, how long do you all usually cut the sections of the PVC or Fencing you're using for storage? I'm space limited but was granted my own little corner of the garage Yeah!!

Melissa
Old 2011-08-12, 8:15am

I get them from Lowes and cut them to 12".
Old 2011-08-12, 9:42am
Debra Clutter

I got mine from Lowe's. I ordered them online and they were delivered to my local store. I cut mine 20" long to accommodate my boro glass also.
It is helpful when cutting them to setup a stop on the saw to cut them the same length. This saved a lot of time. The one thing I realised after putting my glass in them was I am a glass horder!
I am waiting for my husband to build me a cabinet out of metal, so I have it in an old cabinet right now.

I thought I would have extra slots, but sadly I don't have enough to put my 96 glass in also. So they are still in the old pipe holders.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-08-12, 11:29pm
plays with fire

If you can't find the fence rails, Arrow Springs sells it already cut and bound into a cube, and they have a $5 shipping deal through the end of the month. I can't find it on the website so you'd have to call.
Old 2011-08-14, 6:27am
Crispy Critter

I buy mine from SunSpot...her dh makes them. I can't find the posts here, plus I'd rather pay someone else to cut them. He also cleans off the rough edges.

Old 2011-08-14, 8:01am

i just used the down spout that is square. The husband cut it to size and put on our shelf It looks the same as the image you have for the fence rail.
Old 2011-08-14, 10:06am
Debra Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba34 View Post
i just used the down spout that is square. The husband cut it to size and put on our shelf It looks the same as the image you have for the fence rail.
The down spout doesn't have any dividers in it. I my picture above you can see the down spouts on the right of the fence dividers. One thing I did not like about the down spouts is they are flimsy. The fence dividers are very strong so you can stack them high with out having to create shelves between them.
I originally bought the down spouts also, so I just cut them up to use them for larger amounts of class.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-08-18, 7:17am
apt to wander....

ack! my updates for this thread didn't show up in my email and went to spam!! Thanks for the replies! I'm ordering this weekend and was trying to decide how many to order so 12 inches is easy math! thanks again!!

Melissa
Old 2011-08-18, 2:25pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

You can buy them from any fencing company that sells vinyl fencing. I thought it was acutally cheaper. Of course you'd need to cut it yourself or they will probably charge a cutting fee (mine was a whole $6). That's where I've gotten mine since our Lowes stores stopped selling them.