Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-16, 1:11pm

Default Glass the color of Carnelian?

Do you know of any glass, any maker, any COE that this color can be found?
I've tried BE Sunset Coral and it's really close but too much on the pink side. Oh, it's got to be transparent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-16, 1:14pm
Rose colored glasses…√

How much do you need? I'd be willing to part with "maybe" two rods of my Lauscha transparent coral. (Purchased from Jodel a loooooong time ago.) It's like nothing else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-08-16, 1:18pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Hmmmm, BE has a color called carnelian but I think it's darker than that.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-08-16, 1:32pm

Chrissi, I would love to try it! Just one rod would work, I just need some small spacers to go with some other beads. Not small like your beads, but still... You want to trade something?
Squid, that BE carnelian is very dark! And too brown from the looks of it.

Old 2011-08-16, 1:40pm
da General

Clio or Kalypso encased in Aether will give you that color - and some iridescence too!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-08-16, 2:10pm
Did someone say SALE?

I wonder what would happen if you encased transparent orange in a topaz shade?? Not that I have ever tried that, but just a thought...
Old 2011-08-16, 2:13pm
And silence is golden

I'll throw some suggestions at you: Effetre Striking Orange can have striations of a variety of orange shades running through it. Might work well with those beads. Chili Red/Pink Duos is a 96 coe glass and can be found at GG Glass. It doesn't look exactly like the sample that the website shows. This would be another color that might play well with those beads. Devardi has a host of lovely transparent oranges to choose from. Good luck. I'd like to see what you end up with.
Old 2011-08-16, 2:21pm

Effetre Opalino Carnelian. As long as you don't want to mix it with anything else as it's touchy in terms of compatibility like all the Opalini. It's not really transparent though, just translucent.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-08-16, 2:49pm

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try these tomorrow for sure. Well...not the Devardi and GG glass (I don't have any) but the stuff I do have. I think I may even have a rod or two of opalino carnelian.

Old 2011-08-16, 5:12pm
Lampworkaholic!

Vetrofond Orange Punch (translucent) or Reichenbach Mystic Coral.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-08-16, 10:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try these tomorrow for sure. Well...not the Devardi and GG glass (I don't have any) but the stuff I do have. I think I may even have a rod or two of opalino carnelian.
The opalino carnelian went really rosy some years ago. Before that it was a really pretty carnelian color, but never transparent.

I knocked off a carnelian pendant in a Coldwater Creek catalog years ago by encasing the old moretti translucent yellow with medium topaz. It was a very different shade than the carnelian in your photo (which is gorgeous, btw), but you might experiment with some combos of topaz and striking orange.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadbroad View Post
The opalino carnelian went really rosy some years ago. Before that it was a really pretty carnelian color, but never transparent.

I knocked off a carnelian pendant in a Coldwater Creek catalog years ago by encasing the old moretti translucent yellow with medium topaz. It was a very different shade than the carnelian in your photo (which is gorgeous, btw), but you might experiment with some combos of topaz and striking orange.

Well I have a lot of it from at least 7 years back. If anyone is interested I think I can part with some of it

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-08-17, 1:21pm
Dark Flower Bead Art

http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/spe...lino_rods.html
Check out the last glass listed under opalino. It works perfect for me.
cara

[color="DarkOrchid"]** Check out my Etsy site
[/COLOR
Handmade at amazon

Old 2011-08-17, 5:50pm

BE has an odd lot Carnelian that might match.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-17, 6:51pm

Unfortunately I didn't get to torch today but all these suggestions are great! Hopefully I'll get to try some of the combos out in the morning.

Old 2011-08-18, 4:16pm

I have some results from some combos if anyone is interested. A couple of them are kinda close and a couple are waaaaaay off.

These are Bullseye from left to right:
Sunset Coral/Medium Amber
Clear/Sunset Coral/Medium Amber
Lt. Amber/Sunset Coral/Medium Amber

Straw Yellow/Rainbow Red
Clear/Rainbow Red
Clear/Rainbow Red/Lt. Amber

Striking Orange/Medium Amber
Medium Amber/Striking Orange
Clio/Aether
Clear/Rootbeer(dark amber)/Striking Orange
Lt. Pink opaque/rootbeer/striking orange

That's a lot of layers for a simple spacer. Chrissi is sending me a stick of her Lauscha and I've got my fingers crossed!

Old 2011-08-18, 7:02pm

These are made with Effetre Carnelian purchased within the last year. They are decorated with iris gold stringer and encased in clear. But removing all that should get you your color. It's more translucent than transparent, but I think its a good match for your beads

Old 2011-08-18, 7:08pm

Nice beads! That definitely looks like the color. I thought I had some around here but no, which is why it wasn't in my test beads.