No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-10-03, 9:09pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Default In The Flesh

Hi All! HELP!! I am looking for glass recommendations for the best flesh colors for all ethnicity's...please include if it is CiM or Lauscha, etc. I mainly use Effetre but am willing to expand my palette! Many thanks!
Smiles, Sheri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-10-03, 9:44pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

Some great colors in CIM's palette and they are 104
Old 2011-10-03, 10:57pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I've used Effetre sage green for ethnic faces. Doesn't look green at all, more a nice cocoa color.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-10-03, 11:58pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonP View Post
I've used Effetre sage green for ethnic faces. Doesn't look green at all, more a nice cocoa color.
Excellent and coolbeans! I have about a pound of old (old JoDel stock-yikes!) sage green frit! I will try that as soon as possible. Or will the faces all look kind of blotchy and icky from using frit?

And at the risk of sounding like a totally star struck noob-boob, wow, you're Sharon Peters--I JUST got the 2001 Kervin booklet about you! Thanks for answering! (Now you need to make a noob boob..........with cat eye glasses...........and a beanie!!!)

Smiles, Sheri

Old 2011-10-04, 12:11am
Unmedicated since '62

Sharon! Is you famus?

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-10-04, 2:40pm

I mix ivory and coral. Mix about 1 coral to 5 ivory portions or just play til you like it. I'd show pics but am a terrible photographer.
Old 2011-10-04, 2:42pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Thanks for all your tips--I will play tonight!

Old 2011-10-04, 3:48pm

the new CIm color Adobe looks kinda like a coco color to me ...rather fleshy colored on white the 1st time i used it. You might try it it would be my choice.
Old 2011-10-04, 3:59pm
Did someone say SALE?

CIM has some colors that work for peachy tones.. I think Ginger or Chai. I will have to look at my stash and double check.