Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-12-11, 8:24am

Default just a vent

I am not naming names,(but they are on "our" list) BUT, if you are a supplier, and you send a message to your customers that some items they ordered were out of stock, and they answer your email within a few minutes, you ought to check and see if they would like to add something else to replace said out of stock item. ESPECIALLY if we are talking about clear rods....There are other options.
I needed this clear for a class on Monday. Now I am screwed.
damnit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- A work in progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tela; 2013-12-11 at 8:30am.
Old 2013-12-11, 8:45am

Sorry to hear that. And that is why I try really hard to keep my shopping cart in real time. Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-11, 10:58am

I agree - if its listed on the website then I expect it to be in stock. On the occasions when I've been contacted to say its out of stock - AFTER a store has had payment for it, I've never been back to shop again because I don't trust them.
Old 2013-12-11, 2:08pm

update for fairness...
I did fire off an email to the vendor expressing my disappointment before I came here this morning.
They did get in touch with me today, and offered a substitute, and picked up the shipping.
I am leaving this for a day or two, just as a reminder to our sellers....
jo

- A work in progress

Old 2013-12-11, 8:47pm

You are very fortunate to get a response that was an effort to apologize. I had one vendor charge my card for an order of over $700 dollars and when I called their attention to a mistake they did not ask me if I would like to back order or choose a substitute they simply ran my card number through (without permission or knowledge before hand) a second time for the correct amount. It took more than 6 weeks to get them to credit the first charge back to my account. It took the intervention of my branch manager to get them to move on correcting it. Asked about the delay in setting it straight they said I paid too much attention to checking my accounts online. Needless to say they are not one of my suppliers ever again. Pretty cavalier service to a new customer...

Andrea
Old 2013-12-12, 6:52am
Fried Cat

Quote:
You are very fortunate to get a response that was an effort to apologize. I had one vendor charge my card for an order of over $700 dollars and when I called their attention to a mistake they did not ask me if I would like to back order or choose a substitute they simply ran my card number through (without permission or knowledge before hand) a second time for the correct amount. It took more than 6 weeks to get them to credit the first charge back to my account. It took the intervention of my branch manager to get them to move on correcting it. Asked about the delay in setting it straight they said I paid too much attention to checking my accounts online. Needless to say they are not one of my suppliers ever again. Pretty cavalier service to a new customer...

Andrea
Holy cow! I believe vendors can have a bad day. But this one takes the cake!
Old 2013-12-12, 10:23am

Quote:

Andrea
When something like that happens you can go right to your CC company and dispute that first charge. It is impossible to have a shopping cart 100% up to date if the vendor is selling other places. Just thought I should mention that.

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-12, 5:54pm

To clarify, the purchase was made in person and the clerk wrote up the number of pieces I asked for and not the actual number she put in the boxes. I found the mistake when I arrived home and opened the box. Another "error was in the count of lead came pieces in what was supposed to be a full case. A corner of the box had been opened and taped closed. When I counted the pieces there was a bit less than 90% of the normal count. When I brought it to thier attention they said it shouldn't be a problem since I had been given a whole case discount.

Andrea
Old 2013-12-12, 5:56pm

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

Paula you are a terrific vendor but there are some out there that just don't get what customer service is about. Last year you saved my carcass with having a torch that you planned on using, yet you sent it to me to get me out of the bind I was in and since then I have been trying to buy as much as I can from your shop. i couldn't believe that you would go to the extent you did to help. I will always come back, several dealers out there will never get orders from me just because of the customer service that they provide. Thanks Paula!

Micki

Old 2013-12-12, 7:40pm

One of the best things about the LE community is how everyone shares their experiences, both good and bad, trying to watch out for each other. Paula is definitely one of the good guys. I have noticed how often she offers assistance or just a bit of advice to help someone even when it isn't likely to mean a sale. In this economy every little penny counts for a lot of us and the best way to show our appreciation is stick with people from whom we know what to expect. Poor service, especially to first time customers, is something I will never understand in a business that depends so heavily on repeat business. It defies logic.

Andrea
Old 2013-12-12, 8:08pm

Yup.
That's why I wrote this, and why I didn't name anyone.
It worked out, and I am thankful.
But, we are a small community, and we will talk about our experiences.
And, yes, Paula, you are a very good supplier, and I will think of you sooner!
joanne

- A work in progress

Old 2013-12-13, 9:52am

Oh thanks Kids. I am starting to wind down as a vendor and will probably retire in a few years. Or sooner if I can sell glass faster! I had such a difficult time starting years ago just getting info and then opening the Tin City Studio in CT that I hate to see anyone go through the same trouble. When I opened Tin City one of the biggest soft glass vendor's around wouldn't sell to me because he was connected to a studio in MA one state away. So I placed a $14000 initial Effetre glass order with Ed Hoy and I have stayed with them all of these years. I do understand that about customer loyalty! LOL! Also I know Jo so wanted to comment. I know that lots of vendors try really hard to do what is right and the really bad ones get run out of LE! LOL! Luckily for me I still have my day job to pay bills in this super competitive environment!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-13, 12:31pm

I loved when you had Tin City running!
I took some great classes there.

- A work in progress

Old 2013-12-13, 2:17pm

Thanks Jo. Yeah it was a lot of fun and we had some really nice teachers!
There were even more teachers that offered but I couldn't fill each and every class because we had so many. It was great to have a place where bead makers could come together in CT and take a class and I met some really, really nice people by doing it. But it was a lot of work on top of a full time day job! Oh yeah and they (work) didn't know about the studio because they frowned on "outside businesses". They spent a lot of time wondering where I was! LOL! I still have all of the class notes and am just waiting to retire for torch time! 2 years and 3 months until Medicare-- which people tell me is awful...Sigh.

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-14, 7:06am

I've had a couple of times when two customers ordered simultaneously (rare) and the order was allowed to go through. If I find that something strange has happened my policy is to email the customer, refund the price of the backordered item (or once in awhile feline-absconded with item), and then send it out gratis as soon as it's in or remixed.

Leslie
Frit Happens...