Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-29, 10:25am
Doodletart

Default need decent supplier that has everything!

I am really frustrated! Everytime I find a good supplier with all (all!) of the supplies and glass types I need they go out of business or just dissappear.
I need a supplier that carries everything in one shot...Effetre, Lausha,(all the colors Cim..one that carries a good supply ...including bead release. I used Jo-del for a long time (and really never a problem!) then Flamedame which was great... but both are either out of business or just not doing business at this time. I loved them both because they shipped fast and had everything.
Now, I have to order from dozens of different supplies...and pay more for shipping to boot.
I've tried searching on the net for a new supplier...but haven't found anything that has everything I need.
totally frustrated!
Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/artists/gallery/240/asset/doodletart-banner.jpg
Old 2011-08-29, 10:43am
I fart diamonds

Howaco (<--AWESOME!!), Arrow Springs, Frantz, CRLoo,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-29, 10:49am
Queen Tut ;)

I, too, was using Flamedame and was definitely thrilled to be able to get Effetre, Lauscha, and CiM all in one place. And got everything quickly.

Since her transition (which I hope happens soon!), I have ordered from ArtGlassHouse (PM Ron at R4GlassStudio for quotes and prices, their website isn't up yet) and Fire Lady for Lauscha. You be able to get good pricing, as Ron offers deals better than Frantz alot of times, but without the awful shipping charges from West to East coasts.

Hmm, not sure about CiM selection come to think of it

There is also the option of Mountain Glass Arts, which has Effetre and CiM...and they price match. No Lauscha though.

Sooo, the long and short of it is...I, myself, haven't found a one-stop shop on the east coast. I have tried other vendors, in the mid-west...but the shipping was slower than west coast.

If you do find someone who does it all, I guess let me know!

Old 2011-08-30, 3:23pm
Doodletart

thanks for the ideas! I will keep searching and try some of the ones you've suggested.
It sure would be great to find one supplier that had everything....hint hint you glass companies...!

/artists/gallery/240/asset/doodletart-banner.jpg
Old 2011-08-30, 3:32pm
Did someone say SALE?

Susan, ABR has a lot... even some Lauscha. Plus when you are in Indiana, you can actually GO to the warehouse! (in Bloomington) Fun times!!
Old 2011-08-30, 3:56pm
Now part of the Dark Side

I use ABR, Mountain Glass Arts, and Glass On Fire. Mostly I buy clear 'cause I mostly make marbles.
Old 2011-08-30, 4:05pm

Thanks Jenne. I will be back just as soon as I sell my house and move South. I still have piles of glass and a huge variety of Lauscha. Most of it is living in a POD right now! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-31, 4:09pm
professional gimme fiver

Howaco. Loved Flame Dame, too.