Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2006-09-18, 11:39pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Default I Have Flash Problems, Anybody Good At Flash Thingy?

As you can see, I call it 'thingy' in the title, so I have no clue on this.

I know HTML and Frontpage. I have no clue about Flast action.

I have a flash action on my jewelry site, www.hotjewels.ca, Its just, its paid, and its a bit much, so I dont want to let it go, back then I didnt know anything about website, so I didnt know the price for the flash was too high.

Anyway, it works fine, but it used to have a music, its gone and I dont know what happened. I would love to fix it and add a new music.

Please help, anybody!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-09, 9:14am
da General

Hi,

I just saw your post. Unlike html files, where the original files (yoursitexx.html) are the ones uploaded to your server. Flash files that are uploaded on your server are just the flash movies (yoursite.swf) that were generated from the original files. In order for you to fix anything, including music, you will need the original Flash files. Do you have any way of obtaining that?

Hayley
Old 2006-10-09, 2:00pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hi, thank you for replying! I'm not sure if I can get the original file, I lost contact with the maker. Can I just upload new music for it? I want a new music anyway. Thank you again for replying! (((hugs)))

Old 2006-10-09, 9:57pm
da General

Unfortunately there is no easy way to uploade new music without the original files. Depending on how it's constructed, a flash site is compiled of a number of .swf movies with commands imbedded - each one loading and linking with the another. Am I making sense?

For example, a site contains movies A to F, A is the intro page and automatically loads B; B contains buttons that when clicked loads C, D, E, or F; C, D, E, and F are individual movies that may or may not contain another set of buttons, etc. Somewhere in all those files contains a movie that has a music file. Without the original files, there is no way to figure out the architecture of the site. Sorry!
Old 2006-10-10, 1:25am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Okay, shoot... I guess I have to find the flash maker then.

Thanks so much for your kind help, Hayley dear! ((((hugs))))

Old 2006-10-26, 2:18am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

flash is now owned by Adobe, not Macromedia anymore... feel free to contact me with your questions, as it will be my pleasure to help you

dwaine@nc.rr.com

Old 2006-10-30, 5:11am
phrit phreak

can you put anyones music on your website? Might be a dumb question but I know w/ the music artist getting upset about people dnlding their tunes for free..I wondered if this was ok to do. I'd like to get music on my website so that's why I'm asking
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-11-08, 2:05pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hi Lori, there are music that made for this, the flash maker sent me to one where she was a member, and I get to pick any music listed there. I just forget the web address. (((hugs)))

Old 2006-11-09, 12:23pm

If you Have Adobe Flash, can't you just download the files FROM the site, back to your computer to edit?
thanks
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hht
Unfortunately there is no easy way to uploade new music without the original files. Depending on how it's constructed, a flash site is compiled of a number of .swf movies with commands imbedded - each one loading and linking with the another. Am I making sense?

For example, a site contains movies A to F, A is the intro page and automatically loads B; B contains buttons that when clicked loads C, D, E, or F; C, D, E, and F are individual movies that may or may not contain another set of buttons, etc. Somewhere in all those files contains a movie that has a music file. Without the original files, there is no way to figure out the architecture of the site. Sorry!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-11-10, 2:58pm
da General

Lynnie,

No - unlike html sites where the actual html files are uploaded to your web hosting server - Flash sites only need the .swf files to work and not the original Flash files.

For example, I create an animation in Flash, then I will publish it as a movie which is the .swf file. The original Flash file, in .fla, resides in my computer hard drive. So unfortunate for Adeline, her designer has the files if she wants to make changes.

Hayley