Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-02-22, 1:11pm

Default hope this is okay....

I've had a lot of e-mails and messages about Conner and what exactly is wrong with his heart, and rather than trying to explain it all over and over, I thought I would post a video that I made when he turned 2 years old. It pretty much explains everything, and also has lots of pictures of Conner, and some pictures of his beads near the end.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank ya'll (I'm from Texas...) for opening up your community to me, and not being upset that I've invaded your space.....

Tamara
Old 2010-02-22, 1:36pm

Thanks for sharing your video with us. You are welcome here any time.

Robert
Old 2010-02-22, 4:10pm

That is a beautiful little boy and a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa
Old 2010-02-22, 4:18pm

Tamara - he is a beautiful little guy with a very pretty big sister who obviously adores him. I think you coming in here and posting is actually very beneficial for all of us too - we can put a name and a face with the BOC concept. I am not yet making my own beads but plan to donate heavily when I am able to get going. Please do keep us posted. I have bookmarked his carepage as well as the video.

Big mommy hugs,

Shari in southern California
Old 2010-02-22, 7:11pm

Please don't feel you are intruding here... There are so many of us who regularly send beads to BOC and it warms my heart to have been getting to "know" you and Conner.

Your beads are in my kiln as I type.. just about ready to come out... they turned out adorable. I really think just knowing where they are going made them turn out just a little better!

Thanks for sharing the video... it really breaks my heart to know that any child has to go through such tough times.. You are a wonderful Mom and you are blessed to have each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-22, 7:20pm

Thank you Tamara, you have a beautiful son.
Old 2010-02-23, 5:22am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Oh Tamara,
I need to grab a box of kleenex now... The tears ran through the whole video, it was SO touching. What a beautiful tribute to your son and his journey, and your journey too. He is beautiful, and it is so obvious he is loved and treasured. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.. it makes a difference.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-02-24, 11:02pm

Oh Tamara, thanks for sharing with us. He is beautiful. What a lovely family you have. Best wishes for Conner and continued improvement. WOW, what a strong little guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2010-02-25, 7:50am
Formerly FishBulb

Tamara, bless you for sharing such a wonderful video of sweet little Conner with us. I just want to take your whole family and hug you all and make you safe.

All of the pics and videos were just outstanding, but I think the one that tickled me most was where he was digging his little toes into the plush purple carpet.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nothing like a good, comfy carpet for the toes.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-02-25, 8:15am

Tamara,
Thank you so much for sharing. He is a beautiful boy and so lucky to have such a loving family. And thank you for making me appreciate the health of my kids a little bit more. You will be in my prayers from now on, and please keep us updated on your beautiful boy's progress.

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
They taste funny!!
Old 2010-02-26, 12:55pm
Covered in glitter

OMG I can't quit crying. He's so beautiful. I will be sending blessings and light to Connor and to you Tamara.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-03-04, 7:42pm
Texas Art Angel

Tamara,
Thank you for sharing your video. What a beautiful little boy. Big hugs to you and your family. Please keep us informed. It touches my heart and inspires me to do even more.
Lori
From Texas as well!
Old 2010-03-05, 11:01am
pyro slacker mom

Tamara, the video was amazing - thank you for sharing this glimpse of your family. I'm sending white light and love to you and your husband, precious Conner and his adoring big sis. I pray that you will all enjoy a full lifetime together of health and happiness.

Blessings,
Chris

glass color wiki:
Old 2010-03-05, 2:54pm

Thanks for sharing Tamara! Loved seeing your sweet faces!

Sincerely,
Colin Smith & Beads of Courage
Program Director