Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-27, 12:14pm

Could I get a copy of the waiver as well. I was deleting messages and I think its gone. Thank you.
Old 2009-08-27, 2:10pm

I should bring my foot massager. you plug it in and it has little spining balls that go in circles and has infra red heat. It is awesome!!! I could charge everyone a bead to use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-27, 3:10pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Lori - that would be very enterprising of you!! What a way to go home with a great stash.

Well people can keep their feet to themselves, but I do give a mean shoulder massage and will happily except beads as incentive/bribery.

Old 2009-08-27, 3:53pm
Master Procrastinator

oooh! good to know Suz! And we're lucky enough to have you for a housemate! YES!!!

Old 2009-08-27, 6:16pm
I'm meeeeelting

Jo, PM me your email address if you still need the release and I'll email it to you. I have no clue how to attach it here.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-08-27, 6:17pm
I'm meeeeelting

Bonnie, here's the list.

1. Clothing
2. pajamas for pajama jam
3. bathing suit (for hotel pool/jacuzzi)
4. light jacket (it can get chilly)
5. Pills/vitamins
6. Makeup, shampoo, toiletry stuff
7. Closed toed shoes
8. spray bottle of lysol (used for spraying surfaces and fixtures in your hotel
room/condo. It sucks to catch a cold from the last guest. Learned this trick
from a world traveler friend of mine).
9. Basic first aid kit. Burn cream, band aids, something to help you sleep,
allergy meds, flu meds (in case), cough meds, headache meds, lavender oil.
10. Didy or boro glasses
11. Tools for classes (see list of classes for the tools you need)
LABEL ALL YOUR TOOLS with your name. Other items as well if you
might leave them on a table or something.
12. mask for classes using frit
13. Fanny pack or other small bag for your tools. This way it's easier to
carry them around with you.
14. Trade beads (I bring about 60) along with little baggies and business cards to enclose (or a piece of paper with your name on it)
15. Vendor gifts (2 beads usually)
16. Gift item for auction
17. Money for auction (checkbook/cash)
18. notarized letter
19. directions to event
20. address book to get info from new friends
21. notebook and pens
22. cell phone AND charger
23. camera AND CHARGER and an extra memory card if necessary
24. refillable water bottle
25. Extra suitcase for purchases (no, I am NOT kidding about this one.
Usually, I throw a zipper duffel bag in, and my clothes go in there on the
return journey, leaving my suitcase free for purchases AND the stuff I make
during the event. You'll be surprised how much room this stuff takes up).
26. Glass rod storage travel container (these are AWESOME)
Here's some links to tubes that can work:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46477
https://store.opusframing.com/sagro/...&category=1800
http://www.artcoinc.com/storage_and_travel_tubes.php
http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/tools.html
27. Wrist rests, or creation station! Special marver if you need it. Anything to
make your work area more comfortable.
28. Hat using glass for Hat contest, great prize!
29. Hair ties and cotton clothes for hot shop.
30. Glow in the dark anythings for open torch nights!
31. Sheets and towels (those who are staying in the rental house)

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 6:24pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, Bella is the sweetest Blonde Golden Retriever you will ever meet! Just don't throw the first ball, rofl! Of course you get to meet her Wed and then again if you do any hot shop classes. And my kitties, koi, squirrels, chipmunks, chicadees and baby Stellar Jays....they will all be sure you came for them!

Bonnie, there is another thread with the list!

See you soon! deb (and farm)

Old 2009-08-27, 6:26pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Suz, you will be VERY popular there, lol! Lori, might be great to stash at hotel for your feet, we all have red feet when it is over!

Anyone else need the waiver?

6 days, wooohooo!

Old 2009-08-27, 6:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

Awww. I love goldens. They're the smiliest dogs ever! Can't wait to meet the menagerie. If I throw a ball for either of my dogs they look at me like "if you want the ball back, go get it yourself."

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 7:31pm

Waver pretty please.
lynnburgess@mac.com

Thanks
Old 2009-08-27, 7:50pm
I'm meeeeelting

Sent.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 8:37pm
Critter Mom

Felicia thanks for the big ole list. I knew it was in another thread and I thought I had it saved, but when I tried to open it it wasn't there. I contacted the Administrator and he/she said that it had been deleted. It's a good thing Felicia kept track because there's quite a few things on that list that I wouldn't have thought to bring.

Old 2009-08-27, 8:40pm
I'm meeeeelting

I copied and pasted it from the other thread. It's still there. Also, for anyone looking for this or other Glass Stock info, searching Glass Stock will bring up the threads.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 8:51pm
Critter Mom

I was searching for "Glass Stock 2009"...thanks for the info.

Old 2009-08-27, 8:54pm
I'm meeeeelting

No prob.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 8:56pm

Does anyone have any hot fingers that I can buy or borrow? Who is going to be selling there that I could maybe email for them to bring one. Nothing like waiting for the last minute

Old 2009-08-27, 8:58pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'll be using mine for the first class. If you need them for a later class, you're welcome to borrow mine.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-27, 10:58pm

That would be awesome Felica my class that I need them for is on Friday
THanks so much!!

Old 2009-08-28, 3:09am

Felicia my email address is
jo_zumhof@hotmail.com
thanks
Old 2009-08-28, 6:59am
I'm meeeeelting

Re-sending right now. I left out the _ so it bounced.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-08-28 at 7:32am.
Old 2009-09-01, 8:46pm
Always with a smile!

Heads up everyone. If you're using GPS put in South Beach as the city, otherwise you end up on the North end of Newport, way away from where we are. you need to be on the south side of the bridge. Across from the post office, red building in a mini warehouse area, park across the street in the dirt area.

) and
)
Old 2009-09-01, 9:51pm

LOL, my friend is already there and she called me today to tell me the same thing. They ended way out the wrong way. Thank goodness for friends.

Old 2009-09-01, 10:13pm
I'm meeeeelting

I made it to Portland. I'm picking Lisa Rippee up at the airport I. The morning and then we're on our way! See you all tomorrow night.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-02, 9:01pm
Always with a smile!

We are mostly all here and we ROCK~!

) and
)
Old 2009-09-03, 6:49am

Have Fun. I will be on my way after my mandatory school meeting today. Hope to catch up with you all tonight sometime. TTFN--jo
Old 2009-09-03, 11:02pm

Just a note to GS that I am not going to be able to attend the event this year. My husbands blood test levels for the blood clot in his lung is not where it should be. He needs to have another blood test taken tomorrow and if its not where it should be he will be given some shots to help him have the right level of coumdan in his system.
I on the other hand have extreme pain with the shingles. I can not bear to ride in a car very far and to go to Oregon right now doesn't make sense. I am going to stay home and try to get better.
So sorry to miss the event but I know you are all having a grand time.
I will start planning ahead for next years event.
Hugs and love to all---jo
Old 2009-09-05, 12:11am
Bitten by the travel bug

Jo - sorry to hear that, we will miss you. Hope he is ok snd that you feel better soon.

Old 2009-09-08, 3:23pm
I'm meeeeelting

Jo, I hope your hubby is on the mend.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-08, 4:26pm
Type ZZZ personality

So sorry you both are not feeling well. We sure missed you!
Get better soon!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-09-08, 4:54pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

SOOOOO....for the benefit of all those next year -
HOW DID YOUR DEMO GO????

Feedback????

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book