Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-21, 5:41pm

Then you'll just have to try for the one over Labor Day in Eugene. That's the one I'm trying for...there will be great people no matter where you go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:21pm
Lovin the Lampworker life

Hey, with all this East and West I will be working on Deb for a Glass Stock SOUTH as in down here in Florida! I live next to the most beautiful beaches in the world (Destin) sure would be great to get Deb down here someday! hehehehehe

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Carlisle Mini CC, Lucio Burner and Hellcat, on tank oxygen
Old 2009-09-22, 6:23am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
Then you'll just have to try for the one over Labor Day in Eugene. That's the one I'm trying for...there will be great people no matter where you go.
Well, unless someone wants to spring for some air fare for me, I won't be making it out there.

Or, if I hit the lottery between then and now. Of course, I'd first have to play the lottery to hit the lottery...

I just wish there could be something like this somewhere near me. Every event that happens seems to be at least a 6 hour drive from me...

Old 2009-09-22, 7:14am
I'm meeeeelting

Sometimes it's worth a 6-hour drive. GS was 6 1/2 hrs. from me. Totally worth it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-09-22, 7:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Cosmo, so sorry about the dates....had to be a holiday weekend and we were afraid Memorial Day would be too cold.....wish we could help but that is how we keep the price SO low!

Kim, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Felicia, you are delightful, ya know? Melody too

No, not my spatula but thank you! Shawn also lost a huge silver grabber (fingers) with a heavy ball weight on end...anybody?
Well, glass karma will find them......it sucks every year losing tools but worth it to have it....tools are just "stuff", friends old and new are priceless

Ok, here is the scoop, GS East (that was the reference to WAY north too) is July 1-4rth in PA, GS East is Labor Day weekend (Thurs - Sun) in Eugene OR. Doretha, you are just precious, maybe if I win the lottery I can just fly around and make more "Deb Heads", ha ha ha!

To all of you PM'ing me....we will have lots more info in the next few weeks, all the instructors, etc. Are there any artists East coast way that you all want to have there?

Cosmo, we had people from Australia, Canada, Hawaii, Texas, Illinois all come to Oregon! Some planned and waited 2 years to go like Suz from Aussie land. You can't put a price on sharing, learning and comradery!!! But $450 for 4 days of killer fun keeps them coming!

BIG hugs all around.....more about teacher submissions soon!
debster

Old 2009-09-22, 1:03pm
I'm meeeeelting

Melody, I'm glad you're aiming for West again next year. I feel like we hardly crossed paths.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-09-22 at 4:49pm.
Old 2009-09-22, 3:05pm
Angel's Mom

I do believe I'm a Deb Head now. GS has been over for 2 weeks and I'm already dreaming of next year (yep, I was one of the unlucky LUCKY ones signed up for a couple of hot glass classes). I feel so fortunate to have gotten in this time and to have met so many fabulous glass makers who were extremely generous in sharing their awesome talents. I made some great friends too--bonus score!

Deb truly rocks out loud--I don't know how she made it happen with all the last minute challenges but she did. It way exceeded my expectations and I recommend it to anyone who wants to grow their talents.

THANKS DEB!!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-22, 3:34pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb16 View Post
Deb truly rocks out loud...
You can say that again! And again... and again... and again!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-09-22, 4:19pm

Felicia, I know what you mean. There was so much going on that I really only got to know a few people, and would love to get to know the others better. We'll keep our fingers crossed for next year (darn - is it really that far away . . .?)
Melody
P.S. Deb - if I get to come next year I promise to wear jammies this time

Old 2009-09-24, 8:18am
Wooohooo,GS!

Kris, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for the kind words and all the new friends are so worth all this effort, not to mention my muse is so full and happy after watching all of you! That post brought happy tears, thank you Kris!

I know, I wished I had more time to get to know all of you! Next year I will have WAY more help.....so it should be even better although it was down right awesome this year! I really enjoyed meeting all of you!

Thanks also Patty and Melody! Melody, you better bring those PJ's on......hopefully I will get to play this next year too!

Big hugs to all, deb

Old 2009-09-24, 10:27am

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! I just saw this thread..... Two chances to go to Glass Stock! Sooooooo...... how about one in the middle.... like, say......COLORADO

Debhead.... I love it! Glass Stock just keeps getting better and better. Deb, you so rock and make it a fantastic for everyone!!!

Old 2009-09-25, 7:54am
Wooohooo,GS!

Dearest Les, you cutie!!!!!! Yes, 2 chances....wish I could do a middle one but these 2 are going to be a tall order, lol! I am so excited, we are going to rock both coasts, whoop whoop!

Thanks Les, I really put everything I had into this year and it was so fun....worth every bit of time I put into it. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to hear how much fun you all had! It will get easier from now on with so much help offered for next year, this was a really tough year but felt so good to throw myself into it with wild abandon, it sure kept me going! I had to do a bit more than usual this year myself due to some difficulties with the staff (fires, medical emergencies, etc). Really though, not much more than I did the past 7 years by myself so it will get easier, better and more fun every year from now on, yippee!

We are going to double-bill the Flame Off at EGS with GS West (which will be there too) for a glorious 10 days of glass!!!!!!!
If you all haven't been to the EGS Flame Off you are seriously missing some killer artists torching for a mere $25 for both days!!! Plus, sign up to compete for $45 for the bead catagory with some great prizes! (You have to pre-register to get that price). We are adding a whole table for more soft glass participants so we can get more than the 4 we had this year. Come on "Debheads", just do it! Plus, we has SUCH a blast at the After Party Sat night, wow, it was fun!!!!!

Hugs, deb

Old 2009-09-25, 8:52am
Beyond Cloud 9!

And I thought five months was a long wait. Super excited already! LOL.

Old 2009-09-28, 8:29pm
Bitten by the travel bug

GS in any location will certainly be worth the effort for people to get there. Great value for classes, but the ongoing sharing, learning, networking, open torches etc are priceless. I was lucky to be in a financial position to make the trip (and to have a very supportive DH who encouraged me to go) but i would definitely treck across country for it if I had the option - thats certainly a more afforable option. But heck, DH and I drove 10 hours to pick up puppies (twice) so maybe Im just crazy that way!

Deb - off topic, can you let me know your ebay name again please. I need some stands for my school of fishies! Thanks!

Old 2009-09-29, 6:34am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lisa, you are too cute, can't wait to see you again!
Suz, you too, wish you were closer!

PM me about stands, Suz....no problem! My ebay name is glassfreek or better, search dcrowley in title Thanks for the kudos about GS, you are so sweet, I miss you already, it was heartbreaking seeing you leave for me too!

Kris, I couldn't find your fishy....rats! I will be sending one of mine soon to replace it
Hugs all around....you guys are all gems!
deb

Old 2009-09-29, 7:18am
Master Procrastinator

What stands are you all talking about? Are they for fish? Might need to see a pic of hose myself.

Old 2009-09-29, 9:25am

Ooh I just saw this thread! Glad you decided on using AGI facility! I have heard it is wonderful! But I never got to AGI myself! Deb I am happy to be a soft glass sponsor again and can maybe even teach a class on using Lauscha. I am also happy that you are moving GSW to Eugene because I always wanted to go there! Our East Coast has some wonderful teachers too! As you know!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-09-29, 10:35am

Holy shizz! How am I just now hearing about this??? Oh, I know. I just got back home a few days ago. LOL! Deb, you numbah one crazy baybee! That's why we all love ya! I gotta see if I can swing this. #2 son is getting married, #3 son is graduating from college....yeah. A lottery win would be just the thing.
GS East sounds sooooo great! And hey Chad, I drove 5 days for GS. Well, I was doing other things but still.....

Old 2009-09-29, 6:09pm
Angel's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Kris, I couldn't find your fishy....rats! I will be sending one of mine soon to replace it
You are sweet, and you probably were too busy to notice, but I came back on Monday and picked it up, so don't worry about it, and keep the shipping $--make it a donation towards next year's GS expenses.

Unless you have a fishy that you feel really NEEDS a home in Kansas...I would make it quite comfortable. I would be insane to turn down a Deb C. original; I'll even squeal for it!

Hope you're getting back to a regular sleep routine after the wonderful, euphoric, sleepless craziness of GS '09 and dreaming of doing it twice in '10!
Old 2009-09-29, 8:38pm

Deb, by chance did you get the Kaiser lee boards done. Just curious on how they turned out.

Lynn
Old 2009-09-29, 11:51pm
Bitten by the travel bug

off topic a bit, but can anyone remind me if the vitrograph rods sold at GS were bullseye or moretti? Thanks in advance..

Old 2009-09-30, 12:33am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzFromOz View Post
off topic a bit, but can anyone remind me if the vitrograph rods sold at GS were bullseye or moretti? Thanks in advance..
They were Bullseye, Rebecca made them her name here is Three Muses glass

Old 2009-09-30, 1:38pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, I'd like to buy a stand for the fish I bought from you, too. I'll pm you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-10-01, 5:09am
Bitten by the travel bug

Thanks Lori.

Old 2009-10-02, 6:40am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi ladies! Been super busy!
Lynn, yes, KLB were done late Sunday...is yours still here? I do have one left here...also some lost and found goodies...anyone?

Yes, Bec makes some killer vitrograph rods.....I LOVE them (and her)!

I make glass stands for the fish, PM me if you are interested!

Paula, thanks dear! I am excited about it and would love to talk to you more about it.....I am taking a few weeks off of GS stuff to get back to my routine and get winter ready...then I will be back to share more news!

Kris, thank goodness, I do remember finding some fish for someone, so glad it was you and your fishy babies!
BIG hugs everyone! Deb

Old 2009-10-02, 11:39pm

Thanks Deb, it could be mine. I can't believe I didn't see it on monday. The one I made was 1/2 moon and 1/2 sun. I think my initials where on the side of it.
Good to hear you are taking some time off for yourself. Long overdue and much deserved.
Old 2009-10-03, 4:08am

Lynn,
I saw your Sun/Moon tile. I took its picture. It looked wonderful. Hope it makes its way to you.
Joan
Old 2009-10-04, 8:24am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Lynn and Joan, it was beautiful! I didn't see that one but I will look again through studio. I sure hope it is here somewhere, gulp! The one I have has a woven pattern, anyone?

Ok, off to do tons of auctions today and then will
try and hunt that down. Yes, had to take some time to get things back to regular routine around here but sure miss all of you already.
Hugs deb

Old 2009-10-04, 10:19am
Always with a smile!

Wow Deb, YOU ROCK!
I just found this thread, have been busy since GS. I can be available to help with any of these if you need help and I can teach something as well if you'd like!
let me know
Jill

) and
)
Old 2009-10-08, 7:52am
Wooohooo,GS!

LOL! Thanks sweetie! I would gladly, always accept your help! Give me a month or so to get things settled here more and catch up and we'll talk!
Hugs, deb