Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-08-22, 7:55pm
honorary bead lady

I will not be responsible for spit takes or damaged equipment resulting from said spit takes during the event!
Old 2013-08-22, 9:45pm
I'm meeeeelting

I got new jammies today. The bottoms have writing all over them and say something about color. I find it amusing that I liked them best with the black pj top.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:28am
Dakine glass man

Just an update...Anna and I are in our way... Waiting at seatac on a layover.

I have decided to sweeten the pot for my man auction. I have a month + worth of facial pubescence going so whoever wins me gets to design my fuzz for the rest of the event. Check out my FAcebook page for examples of ridiculousness I've already done.....I'm sure google can fuel some ideas here too.

Can't wait to see you all again... So spoon! (I wrote soon but we all like spoon too)
Attached Images

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2013-08-23, 10:50am
Finally doing what I love

Sweeeeet! We can give you the evil satche again! This is going be be fun Everyone start brain storming..... Bawwwhaaa!

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2013-08-23, 11:01am
Glassy Broad :-)

LOL John! TOO funny!!!

Heads up on the bar stool caper! I'm on my way out the door to Target, I've located 4, so we still need 3 more!!!
Anyone driving in, could you/would you mind stopping and checking the Target stores on your way? They are $19.99 ea. Stock number 0069 (bingo ) 29-32" tall.
WOOT WOOT! Getting soooooooooooooooooo excited!!!
Okay out the door I go!
Huge hugs!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-08-23, 1:03pm

Update! Update!!!

I reallllllly scored at Target! Got 6 bar stools, now we only need 1 more! YAY! AND if you get them at the store, (not online) ya save almost 4 bucks...
Happy Dance!

Old 2013-08-23, 8:48pm
Wooohooo,GS!

John and Anna, SO cute, you two are just adorable! Anna, good thing you fit right in or I bet John would be grounded right now! SO happy you guys are mainland now!

Felicia, can't wait to see the jammies...I am wearing my plain ones from last year, didn't have time to shop...maybe in Eugene next week.

Nita, you ROCK woman!!! I adore you!

Update: Eric Edner had to evacuate due to fires (he lives right outside Yosemite Park) but said he might as well come up since he can't go home ;( Poor baby, maybe some good beer to cheer him up!).

A little more torching to do tomorrow and then price art fair stuff, pack tools and finish disassembling my studio to bring my 3 kilns, 3 torches (I have my minicc, Hellcat and CC set up all the time) and studio for the event. It gets a great cleaning that way too

Tick..tick...tick...

Last edited by deb c; 2013-08-23 at 8:50pm.
Old 2013-08-23, 9:11pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post

Felicia, can't wait to see the jammies...I am wearing my plain ones from last year, didn't have time to shop...maybe in Eugene next week.
Well I had time to shop MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2013-08-24, 12:15am

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.
Ya'll should give me hazard pay!

Old 2013-08-24, 7:08am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default David!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
Well I had time to shop MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Uh oh.....I'm a little scared!
I'm going to have to see if I can fit a little jammie shopping time in Monday......and I better make sure my camera is well charged this year! Haven't had time to play with new iPad much to use the camera but I did get my square, got my first APP (woohoo) and even charged myself a $1, it went through into bank account today. Thanks everyone for your help, this iPad ROCKS! Felicia, I completely get that it becomes an appendage!

Nita, ROFL, between you, David and Bex I can't even imagine the thrills!

Woohoo, 2 more sleeps until I head out!

Old 2013-08-24, 7:11am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
I will not be responsible for spit takes or damaged equipment resulting from said spit takes during the event!
Crap David, I may have to print up a new, revised waiver for you now......

Old 2013-08-24, 7:22am
honorary bead lady

Deb, just be very, very careful when you are drinking your coffee!
Old 2013-08-24, 8:11am
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Uh oh.....I'm a little scared!
I'm going to have to see if I can fit a little jammie shopping time in Monday......and I better make sure my camera is well charged this year! Haven't had time to play with new iPad much to use the camera but I did get my square, got my first APP (woohoo) and even charged myself a $1, it went through into bank account today. Thanks everyone for your help, this iPad ROCKS! Felicia, I completely get that it becomes an appendage!

Nita, ROFL, between you, David and Bex I can't even imagine the thrills!

Woohoo, 2 more sleeps until I head out!
Yay! Yeah, the appendage. I have the full size one with a keyboard and I still manage to carry it everywhere. I read books or play games on it while I'm waiting around at court. I've even drafted a few pleadings on it. I watch movies while flying, listen to music, take pictures, google stuff...

Speaking of reading books, if you go to Bookbub.com, sign up and click on what types of books you like to read, you'll get a daily email with links to a few free or very inexpensive (many are $.99) books that you can download with the Kindle or Nook apps. Also, if your library is anything like ours here, you can check out and download books for free using Overdrive.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-24, 12:58pm

Billie just posted on the GS FB page that she found another bar stool at her Target.

YAYYYY!! We now have all we need!! Rock ON!

Old 2013-08-25, 6:37am
honorary bead lady

Good Gawd I have a lot of crap for 6 days, between beads and clothes, and stuff

1 set of arm rests for Felicia

most is for the auction though
2 starter tool boxes
Rod warmer
2 sets of arm rests

Beads for Sunday
Trade items
Sponsor gifts
and a HORSE

Oh crap I forgot zip ties and duct tape!
Old 2013-08-25, 9:29am
honorary bead lady

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Eugene+OR+97401
Old 2013-08-25, 3:15pm

What night are we supposed to wear western clothes? I got my boots and beer holster packed... Just need to know whento wear them

Old 2013-08-25, 8:59pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
It is the whole event dahlin'....but the "round up" is Sat night (I figured the night with a band and beer might help!). I ain't wearing cowboy boots but did get a hat...you don't have to worry about the horsie David, we got one for ya! We will be pimping ours (the girls) out on Wed before staff meeting, you're welcome to jump on in!

Darn tootin'...."this ain't yer usual glass event", yeehaw!
Old 2013-08-25, 10:17pm

Isn't Saturday the PJ night?

Old 2013-08-26, 1:44pm

Any advice for newbies? Also I found a service that delivers food so we don't have to go pick it up: https://hungryducks.com/
Old 2013-08-26, 2:32pm
I'm meeeeelting

That's awesome! There are also a couple of good options within a couple of block's walk.

Advice? Hmmm. Introduce yourself and jump right in. I think you'll find this to be a friendly, mutually supportive bunch. We all want to see each other learn, grow and succeed. If you see someone doing something that interests you, ask questions or ask for a demo/lesson on how to do it. People are usually happy to show off and teach what they know. Bring a notebook and pen, a camera (or phone with camera) and a water bottle. Plan on sleeping a lot when you get home. You'll be exhausted - and exhilarated.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2013-08-26 at 2:34pm.
Old 2013-08-26, 3:29pm

Felicia, you were right about not being able to take Square payments on a PC. I don't know what I was thinking. Hope it didn't create any confusion.

I am so excited to be able to meet everyone.

Did I read somewhere where we are not allowerd to bring a little tote on little wheels? I was hoping to put a notebook, tools and lunch in my scrapbook accessory bag that has those little roller wheels on it. ???

Old 2013-08-26, 4:39pm
I'm meeeeelting

I assumed it could be done on a pc, too, until I went to the website and couldn't find a way to do it and then did a google search to find out.

Deb has asked, in the past, that we not use bags with wheels because they get in the way. There have been theft problems some years, so she wanted to encourage everyone to keep their tools, etc. with them and there isn't always enough room around the tables for big bags, resulting in the need to keep the wheelie bags along the side walls, etc. where you cannot supervise them well. I don't know if that's an issue at the new location. The tables we had last year had a base underneath and were huge. You could tuck your bag under the table, on the shelf while you worked. If that's the same this year, it may be less of an issue, although I think there's more of a tendency with big bags to want to set them down somewhere instead of keeping them with you all the time. If you'll have a car, one solution is to bring a smaller bag in with you and then swap tools, etc. in and out of your car as needed for various classes or open torch.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-26, 4:53pm

Good thinking. I'll do that. Thanks!

Old 2013-08-26, 5:07pm
I'm meeeeelting

That's what I did last year and it worked pretty well.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-08-26, 6:13pm

Default The Excitement Mounts!

Can't wait to meet everyone....only one more workday and GLASS STOCK WEST WOOOHOOO! This will be my first Glass Stock and actually my first classes I've ever taken. I'm a bit shy starting out so if I don't introduce myself or seem stuck up, it's the shyness so introduce yourself to me then.

John aka "BIG JOHN"
Old 2013-08-26, 6:16pm

Have a blast everyone-I won't b there. I will miss seeing, learning, playing and having lots of the fun with all of you.
Cyndi
Old 2013-08-26, 6:46pm

John, you had better find me and look me up! Oh wait...I'll be passing out the T-shirts, so yeah!

Been a hell of a few weeks for me. This morning it was "discovered" I not only have another U.T.I. But I'm kicking a few kidney stones out also. Fun! (NOT)
So between my shoulder, elbow and the rest, it's gonna be interesting!

Old 2013-08-26, 7:10pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Plan on sleeping a lot when you get home. You'll be exhausted - and exhilarated.
You mean after Labor Day, cuz it doesn't happen during the event Something about going to bed at 12:30am with new glass thoughts running thru your brain and then getting up at 6am to do it all again
Old 2013-08-26, 7:12pm

Well lets hope you're feeling at 100% better by Wednesday Nitadee Maybe a BIG HUG will help if not

John aka "BIG JOHN"