No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-11-18, 11:06am
Salt Box Beads

Default A few pics of my storage solutions

Here are a few pics of my storage solutions. I had to work with what was in the room so a built in cabinet became the glass storage. I bought milk crates at the dollar store and use them on the workbench with leftover PVC sections.

I also put a tall PVC section into a jar to hold the extra long stringers I make. Each PVC section is labeled. The shorter stringers go into jar around the PVC tube. Some ice trays and other small jars fill in the gaps for all of the different lengths left over.

I needed a quick and cheap frit and bead press storage. I bought the bricks at Home Depot and the wood at Home Depot from the scrap pile. The wood cost four dollars and it was a beautiful thick piece of interior wood.
I like that I had them cut it narrow ( 7 inches) so it fits better in my little space.
Top shelf is for purchased frit, middle shelf is for my frit blends and the third shelf is SUPPOSED to be for ALL of the bead presses...just two so far.

My two bead presses look kinda lonely there... Hopefully one day there will be lots more on that shelf.
Lorraine
Attached Images

Old 2007-11-20, 10:26am

Looking Good! However i do see one problem -- I covet your frits! It is nice to see a storage system that can grow along with you.
Jen