Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-05-16, 9:05am

Default Name this color?

Hi I just bought a bunch of glass from someone a couple of weeks ago and I received some very cool colors that I might not have bought if it wasn't such a good deal. This is a picture of the rod and the finished piece. The first one is on clear the second is imploded, and the third is over yellow. Very saturated color as its a thin encasement quick to melt. The rod wasn't labelled so does anyone recognized this color. Thanks
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-05-16, 10:13am

That looks very similer to a Momka color that I got awhile back, the rod is that same green. Sorry I cannot remember the name of it. I'll look at the label when I get home tonight.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:21am
ManBearPig

Momka Stormy Weather I believe.

Old 2011-05-16, 11:36am

Thanks the rod really surprised me I thought I was working with a green for leaves and then it went all purply on me. Nice surprise though.

Old 2011-05-16, 11:48am
Pyromaniac

I second Stormy Weather as the color.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-05-16, 12:51pm

Could also be Momka Violet Medley
Old 2011-05-16, 1:02pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

My Stormy Weather is stripier looking on the outside of the rod.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-05-16, 1:05pm

My Momka Stormy Weather and Violet Medley are both a lot more pale yellow than green and my NS Mystery Aventurine looks and acted just like your results, so that's my guess.....
Old 2011-05-16, 1:22pm

I'm going to guess NS Silver Seaweed.

Old 2011-05-16, 3:50pm
Pyromaniac

There was a Momka experimental a while back called Phred . . .
It looked like this rod too. It is a darker sage green than the Stormy Weather rod.

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2011-05-16 at 3:53pm.
Old 2011-05-16, 4:06pm

Well it is a dark looking sage green. Does phred give similar colors as stormy weather? I want to know the color because I would like to get some more.

Old 2011-05-16, 4:28pm
Pyromaniac

Yes, similar to Stormy Weather. The bad news is it was an experimental color and I don't think it is made anymore.

You might try calling Momka Peeva, she is a very nice lady and may have some in the factory somewhere.

Old 2011-05-16, 4:34pm

Nice. Kinda looks like an amber/purp variant.
Old 2011-05-16, 4:46pm

kinda looks like phred that I have
Old 2011-05-16, 9:50pm

The color I have is Momka Stormy Weather.....
Deb, I really like the way you set up that neat little display of with the plain rod, encased, unencased, and imploded.... nice touch.
Old 2011-05-17, 7:41am

Thanks Meader. So if this is an experimental color how do I get a hold of Momka Peeva, and is this her/his real name.

Old 2011-05-17, 7:56am

Kinda looks like it could be NS Experimental Mixed Green as well. Check it out in this older thread....

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195564
Old 2011-05-17, 8:02am
Pyromaniac

On a more humorous note: I hereby name this color GEORGE!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-05-17, 8:10am

George I don't get it?
I sent Momka an email found the company on the web and sent her the picture. I know you younger people think nothing of the information we have access to but I think it's amazing to just type in the word into the search engine and there it is.

Old 2011-05-17, 8:15am

I went and looked at the link you posted Larry and you could be right it sure looks like experimental mixed green. Wonder if there is any left.

Old 2011-05-17, 8:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
On a more humorous note: I hereby name this color GEORGE!

Old 2011-05-17, 9:23am

I just got off the phone with Momka wow is she ever nice. She says she has stormy weather still in stock and another color which works very similar. Will have to order some when I get some cash. She also wants some pictures of my stuff to put on their gallery page. In looking at there web site I found out I work with allot of their colors. The yellows that I use in my daffodil implosions are theirs. Cool eh.

Old 2011-05-17, 2:57pm

But Chris its a girl color it can't be George. lol

Old 2011-05-17, 3:27pm
Pyromaniac

I've heard of a Boy Named Sue, why not a Girl Named George

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-05-17, 4:02pm
boro color bender

Pretty sure it's Phred...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-05-17, 5:36pm

Still not a girl name, come on you guys its purply red with deep pink. lol

Old 2011-05-17, 5:46pm
Wonder-wench

Phredrika?

Old 2011-05-17, 5:55pm
Pyromaniac

Phredrietta.

Old 2011-05-17, 8:31pm
Is it May yet?

Mine?

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2011-05-17, 9:05pm

Now there is some girl names. Come on boys the girls are showing you up.