Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-06, 3:32am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Hi Brent, when are you coming to Holland for a boro class? I want to get such colors out of my boro!!! Awesome!
Next summer... will be there and in Belgium... can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patezd View Post
P.S. Brent, when are you coming to Wasington/Oregon? ME NEED INSTRUCTION!!!! Is all boro designed to be that baby poop brown or do I just have a real talent for bringing it out?
In the Spring... will be teaching in Portland and down by Newport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbacher View Post
actually, do you do classes at your place? i have friends living in fort meyers, and that's only 3 or so hours away.... i'm thinking of a trip that way, since i never saw a reschedule for KC
I'm going to get back in touch with Sandy in Omaha and try to set something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
He may teach it in his class but none of it rubbed off on me and I took it twice

Do you offer remedial classes for dummies
PM or call me. #We'll do a refresher over the phone and get you on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
I'm going to get a little more mileage out of my Pandora beads.
(I posted them elsewhere, but can you tell I'm pretty happy with them?).
All boro.

Attachment 71210

Attachment 71211

Attachment 71212
Sweet Miss Karen! Those rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterdark View Post
Mr Smiley-
I do believe you are not from this plant- you use your own special boro (no one else can buy) and you have special wizard powers to stun, dazzle and amaze your crowd.
Who are you? where do you come from and dang it please write a book on your secret powers from above! The prettiest smiley hearts yet!! Way to rock our world.
I assure you, I'm human. Just a regular guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voic View Post
Very cool Lory! And beautiful stuff everyone!
AS for mr Smyley, well, first im gonna go for Kobuky's level at implosions cause i love them so much , and then im coming after you and your magical mysical colors , cause your hearts are beyond words. Seriously, you guys rock man, you're an inspiration to us all!
Hope this didnt sound weird... .. tho i speak the truth

Come on with your bad self. I'd love to meet you.

Gorgeous work everybody... I've been feelin icky the last few days and I'm worn out. Hopefully I'll get back on the torch soon. I'm trying to get the video editing done today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-06, 3:34am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmo View Post
Great start so far! I love those little marbles!
I keep meaning to make some swirly styles.
I've got some heart envy!! My hearts these days just not turning out
I've got some marbles to share.

I am really going to have to play around with some more colours.
I just am so stuck on fuming!
Can't wait to see what November will bring in here!

Ash
With marbles like that, I wouldn't be worried about hearts! Those rock Ash!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-06, 4:56am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Old 2008-11-06, 5:11am
boro color bender

Very nice color Suzanne... That bottom center one is juicy!

Old 2008-11-06, 8:25am
glass-a-delic

Let me just blend in with a little set i just made:
Im still not satisfied with my photography tho'... where do you guys put the lighting? I have two fluorescent lights on the sides and i filter the light with normal printing paper...

Old 2008-11-06, 8:55am
boro color bender

I use two 100 watt reveal bulbs. On the sides... with a cheapo photo tent to diffuse it.

Very nice set!

Old 2008-11-06, 9:06am
glass-a-delic

Thanks. Can you tell me the material from wich the tent is made? And whats a reveal bulb? sorry, i dont know the term..

Old 2008-11-06, 9:58am
No Problem!

High-fives all around nice start everyone.

Here's a new blown bead style that I've got in the works. I'll take better pics of the others

While I'm at it here's another fun one.

(Beau & Shani)

Last edited by evolvingBeau; 2008-11-06 at 10:04am.
Old 2008-11-06, 11:49am
Hummel factory reject

Thanks Tracey and Voic.

Voic, your set is really beautiful and I can see that you are having difficulty lighting it. I also use a light tent with 2- 5000k daylight flourescents on lamp stands w hoods. If the cube is at 12 o'clock I place my lights facing into the front of the cube at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock approximately. I cover my light hoods with matte white mylar to soften the light a bit. So in essence I light the piece not the light cube. This is what works for me anyway. Hope that was clear and helpful? Your implosion work is so nice! Congrats on your progress. Best, lori

Old 2008-11-06, 12:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by voic View Post
Thanks. Can you tell me the material from wich the tent is made? And whats a reveal bulb? sorry, i dont know the term..
You can make a diffuser from a translucent plastic cup...the "foggy clear" type.
Old 2008-11-06, 12:42pm
yukue fumei

Renee-Gorgeous beads and I LOVE the heart pendants!! WOW~~
Ash--amazing marble--love that frosty look--the fume work is really nice!!
Lori--WOW! This bead is stupendous! I LOVE it!! Really, you have out done yourself!!
Suzanne--the colors you can get with boro are just amazing....I love it!!
Beau--beautiful work as always Beau--I love the round bead--nice!
Voic--WOW--I love it! The flower is done so nicely! and matching earrings

nagi

Old 2008-11-06, 12:48pm

I'll take one of everything in this thread... as soon as I win the lottery (or even just have a little extra spending $$$)!!

I want to know as soon as anyone is teaching anywhere in NC (or Brent, if you get back to Cosmo's place in Roanoke, VA, I can probably make it there, too).

Old 2008-11-06, 12:52pm
boro color bender

I need to call Gary at Touch of Glass in Asheville... it's time I went back there too.

Old 2008-11-06, 7:28pm
No Problem!

Thanks Nagi!
I had to post and run this morning but wanted to say...
Brent, hope you feel better, maybe it would help to tell you that I spent all day amber-purpling yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's your fault
Lori, it's awesome to see some more blown beads, that one is awesome.
Suzanne that set is POPP-ING!
Jasio, nice! I love me some ribbon twists!
Renee the set is super cool, and the second heart looks like it might be English Ivy? just got some and it sure is some interesting stuff.
Ashmo I really dig that first fume marble.
Voic the Implosions are coming along nicely! I like the soft blue in those.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-11-06, 7:35pm

Brent...We need to get you in Southern California one day!!

Everyone's stuff is just fantastic. I'm still Boro challenged but you all give me hope!!!

Old 2008-11-06, 11:43pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Beau congratulations on your new baby-on-the-way!

Old 2008-11-07, 1:52am
Hummel factory reject

Yes, congratulations Beau to you and Shani!!! Is this your first?
Love that ethereal inside out wig-wag. I'm guessing it's inside out? Very nice.

Old 2008-11-07, 4:25am
boro color bender

Congrats Beau... Let's see what you're blaming me for... (the AP, I know the kid isn't my fault)

Old 2008-11-07, 7:26am
yukue fumei

YAY!
Congratulations to you and Shani!
What Wonderful Wonderful news!!

nagi

Old 2008-11-07, 8:45am
No Problem!

Hee hee thanks guys. Yup Lori, numero uno! And yup inside-out, can't wait to get pics of the others like it.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-11-07, 8:51am
boro color bender

You're an inside out maniac! Just made a kid that way too... what colors did you use on the kid? Can we expect bright pinks or purples or will it be blues and greens?

Old 2008-11-07, 9:39am

Hi, friends.

Just stuff ...

now howacome I forgot to resize the bottom pic... shhzz.. sorry about that...
Attached Images

Last edited by LAG; 2008-11-07 at 9:40am. Reason: screwup
Old 2008-11-07, 11:23am
boro color bender

Beautiful colors Kay... Don't tell anybody, but I wish they were all that big.

Old 2008-11-07, 1:37pm

Wonderfull stuff everyone!

Margareth

Old 2008-11-07, 6:17pm

Congrats, Beau!!!

Love the colors here. Kay, I like that bottom left pendant with the neat shape.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-11-07, 9:17pm

That is a fun shape, isn't it? Thank you.. And, Brent, I didn't think your hearts could get better but look at you go, guy!! Looks like Renee is dusting your heels.. very nice.

Old 2008-11-08, 4:56pm
Senior Moment

Yes...Yes.......come to Asheville....that's what you should do..........
Old 2008-11-09, 8:58am
yukue fumei

Kay-WOW--your work always inspires! I love the color combos! I love the photo setups too! Very classy!

Margareth-I love the flower--is it a pendant? Beautiful work--and a nice sophisticated donut pendant too!

nagi

Old 2008-11-09, 9:49am

Thank you Denise. And nothing special about the photos really. Just a piece of paper laying on the dining room table near a big picture window. You can see reflections on the beads actually... Off to clean my studio.. class tomorrow with some friends on how to fuse glass pendants.. Sheez, now where is that kiln paper and dichro glass, hmm

Old 2008-11-11, 7:28am
yukue fumei

cool--the paper texture is really cool!
and the nice neutral color really makes the colors pop!

nagi