No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2011-08-11, 6:57pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Default Glass Vendors BF Philly

Are there going to be any glass vendors at this event? Looking down the list of exhibitors I don't see any glass vendors I recognize unless Starleen is bringing glass.

Thanks....

angel blessings
namaste
Rowyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-12, 8:10pm

I don't see any glass vendors on the list. Maybe next year if they offer lampworking classes again, there will be some.

There are, however, lots of glass beadmakers on the list, myself included. We would love to have you stop by and visit!! I'll even bring some glass rods, if that will help.
I've got a ton of glass, in all COE's!

Anita
www.nitabeads.com
Old 2011-08-13, 6:04am

Smile

ABR is always there! I'm sure if there is something special you needed, and asked them to bring for you, they would.

Old 2011-08-13, 6:09am
Happy Beadmaker!

I used to do that show back when it first started years ago! I miss it! Have fun everyone!

~
~
~
Old 2011-08-13, 6:19am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Lea you should come back... it is a super fun show... I love doing it... I know Wale is not coming due to no lampworking classes...and I dont see anything on the ABR schedule that they will be there either....but I do know it will still be a great show...looking forward to seeing everyone there...

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-08-13, 10:22am
Triumphantly Knit!

ABR's not on the list.

I'm still gonna come to support the other people but I am disappointed that there's no lampwork classes and obviously that's affected the glass vendors.

I thought Firelady or someone from down that way was coming up, I read something a while back, but I confuse everybody's names.

Anita, if you want to bring rods to sell I'll come look for you! I'm mainly 104 with a side of BE and a small side of 96 for now. I think soon I will be able to hook up my mini cc and then I can start with a leetle bit of boro, but it may be out of my price range.

I had been looking forward to seeing and learning, but I know I'm gonna see and learn plenty. I love seeing all the beads and all the stones and all the ways to do so many things.

Kris you'll have your mandrels there, right?

See ya there.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Old 2011-08-13, 12:13pm
Who? Me?

Agree, Rowyn! Would buy some glass while there too!! Just soft for me tho...
Old 2011-08-13, 5:32pm

Rowyn.. I usually dont bring mandrels but if you drop me a line with what you are interested in I would be happy to bring some along...

or
Old 2011-08-15, 11:21am
Custom Imprint tools

I think Jennifer Fahnestock is bringing glass. Her table is near mine which is #918 but I don't know what her number is offhand. We are across from each other. You may find some people selling glass that are lampworkers, just not the big companies.

Old 2011-08-16, 11:36am

well folks.....i wanted to step in and explain our absence. this is just the honest truth, and not any attempt to bad mouth the show. i will just copy and paste a response i made to one of you in a PM.

It's a tricky situation this year. Ross and I were both supposed to teach classes. Also, the setup, and sale of the equipment in the classes is a big reason we do the show. So, when all classes were cancelled....with no notification, we were really left in a pinch. We'd already spent a lot of time and money organizing the classroom setup, etc....

The show basically bailed on us. They then left it to us to figure it out through the grapevine, that there were no classes. To this day, they have never personally communicated that the classes were cancelled!

We have since asked them several times through email and phone messages, to work with us on a booth. But, the communication has stalled. They are not responding to us at all for some reason.

So, with no classes, and no communication, we are left with our hands tied. The bulk of our customers were students in the classes. So, we don't anticipate doing nearly as well as the past shows, even if we went.

It's unfortunate this show has taken a turn away from lampworking. Hopefully, they will reconsider for next year.

I would like to extend to you the same offer we've extended to others going to the show. We can do free shipping on any order you place leading up to the show.

Sorry to say we won't be with you this year, but hope to get it straightened out with them going forward.

Thanks

Dave

Old 2011-08-16, 12:08pm
Custom Imprint tools

Sorry to hear about that Dave. I hope they get it together. It doesn't seem well organized this year, plus the shift to the new venue.

Your imprint tools are on the way. Thanks for carrying them.

Old 2011-08-17, 7:55pm

Glass and supplies are one of the main reasons I go to the show.........I will let them know I am displeased with this.......thanks for your response Ross and Dave.........

Chris

#C82

Old 2011-08-18, 12:28pm

Well having just read this. Guess it isn't a big deal that I don't have much money to spend. I was looking forward to placing an order for ABR to bring along but then did have the funds.

This show seems to be in a downward spiral since Interweave took it over from Primedia.

Now I'm not near as excited to drive over!! It will be nice to visit the artists and pick up findings and such, I guess.

Old 2011-08-19, 11:56am
Triumphantly Knit!

well I'm here I will find you I didn't see your post. Off on a search for goodies. Namaste. Rowyn

Old 2011-08-19, 8:47pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Wanda, I didn't know you are firefly so I didn't know where to look, I'll be back Sunday. maybe tomorrow if I find someone to share driving, but def. Sunday.

It was really nice to meet le friends today and put faces with names. I almost missed meeting a couple of people 'cause I didn't put their business names with their le names.

I think we did less than half the show.

Thrilled to say the construction on 422 is over and it's wide open and travel time from Hopewell/Pennington was about 50 minutes, but I drive fast.

It didn't seem as croweded together as I remembered the last one to be so the venue has some pluses to it.

namaste
Rowyn

Old 2011-08-21, 3:50pm

I didn't see any glass vendors there. I also wanted to take a lampwork class but when they made the announcement that there wouldn't be any I took something else instead. I have no inside scoop on this organization but I suspect that they may have trouble bringing propane into the building re fire codes, etc. and maybe that is why they steered away from Lampwork classes. I saw several beadmakers there and it was nice to see them among the rows and rows of gemstones!! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-21, 5:30pm

I can't believe I've never been to one before but at least I made it to this one! A bit overwhelming but I sure felt better once I made it over to where the lampworkera were! My peeps! I wish I could have stayed and chatted with more folks but that storm was ferocious! Hope everyone made it home safely. I'm safely at my sisters in Westchester

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2011-08-22, 6:12am

I did speak with the show folks and they all said they could not get approval from the fire marshal to hold lampworking classes..... I was a great show... so glad to meet those that make it over my way...

or
Old 2011-08-28, 10:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR Dave View Post
well folks.....i wanted to step in and explain our absence. this is just the honest truth, and not any attempt to bad mouth the show. i will just copy and paste a response i made to one of you in a PM.

It's a tricky situation this year. Ross and I were both supposed to teach classes. Also, the setup, and sale of the equipment in the classes is a big reason we do the show. So, when all classes were cancelled....with no notification, we were really left in a pinch. We'd already spent a lot of time and money organizing the classroom setup, etc....

The show basically bailed on us. They then left it to us to figure it out through the grapevine, that there were no classes. To this day, they have never personally communicated that the classes were cancelled!

We have since asked them several times through email and phone messages, to work with us on a booth. But, the communication has stalled. They are not responding to us at all for some reason.

So, with no classes, and no communication, we are left with our hands tied. The bulk of our customers were students in the classes. So, we don't anticipate doing nearly as well as the past shows, even if we went.

It's unfortunate this show has taken a turn away from lampworking. Hopefully, they will reconsider for next year.

I would like to extend to you the same offer we've extended to others going to the show. We can do free shipping on any order you place leading up to the show.

Sorry to say we won't be with you this year, but hope to get it straightened out with them going forward.

Thanks

Dave
Hi Dave, you know, I think you guys really missed out on a good opportunity. It isn't just students that buy supplies, especially if suppliers are scarce in the region.

I hope, regardless what happens next year, that you return. I think you and Ross will be pleasantly surpised of the supportive public.

Old 2011-08-31, 12:47pm

Well, it's not that we didn't think there was oppurtunity. It's that the show completely cut off any and all communication with us after the classes were pulled. Myself, Ross, and Paul from Extreme, all left several messages with show promoters over the 6 weeks before the show. Not one returned email or phone call. We'd have driven on a day's notice for a single booth. But........

Last edited by ABR Dave; 2011-08-31 at 12:49pm.
Old 2011-08-31, 4:36pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR Dave View Post
Well, it's not that we didn't think there was oppurtunity. It's that the show completely cut off any and all communication with us after the classes were pulled. Myself, Ross, and Paul from Extreme, all left several messages with show promoters over the 6 weeks before the show. Not one returned email or phone call. We'd have driven on a day's notice for a single booth. But........
Hi Dave, sorry to hear you had problems with the communication. The four of us in my group did not experience that. Quite the contrary! Hope there is a next show next year, and you can join us. You will very much be needed in the mix.

Old 2011-09-01, 11:25am

Isn't Wale in the area??
Kris and Ofilia it was wonderful oggling your beads... hehe!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-09-02, 2:58am

Dave, just as an FYI, I did have several shoppers come and ask me if I knew of any glass suppliers at the show. After talking to Ross at the Gathering I knew you guys attending was up in the air. I did suggest people call you guys directly or visit your website.

I was pretty shocked when I finally looked thru the show guide (on Sat I think, Friday was pretty busy for us) and realized I didn't recognize any glass suppliers.

Jenny

Old 2011-09-02, 8:44am

yea, we really hope to return next year.

Old 2011-09-02, 6:46pm

Paula,
yes Wale is about 45 mins up the road from where the show is... I was great to meet you.. hope to see you again in april... I will have a full booth... more bead,frit and books....

or