AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-10-01, 10:45am

Amy, what color combo did you use? Looks like sasha silver dots? would it look better if you rolled your bead in silver and then put your storm dots onto that?

working on it- great tutorial!!!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-10-01, 10:49am
Storm Queen

I made that bead a few years ago. I'm sure the stormed dots are Olympia Rain and the blue accent dots are probably Nyx.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-01, 10:56am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I made that bead a few years ago. I'm sure the stormed dots are Olympia Rain and the blue accent dots are probably Nyx.
They are. I remember.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-10-01, 12:52pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
They are. I remember.
That's because you made me some fabulous earrings to match.

Old 2009-10-01, 3:25pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

So which dot is out of place there?

Old 2009-10-01, 3:46pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
So which dot is out of place there?
ALL of them - Damn Amber, can't you tell how completely out of control wonky that whole bead is?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-10-01, 4:08pm
Storm Queen

You all crack me up. Seriously, when you stand the poor thing up the dots just don't line up well and that drives me insane. They have to be near perfect before I'll sell them.

Old 2009-10-01, 4:15pm

I can't wait to try this out this weekend...great pictures everyone!!
Old 2009-10-01, 11:42pm

Default What is the theme of the tutorials?

What do we come to know at this tutorial? How can I join it?

Old 2009-10-02, 10:15am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
What do we come to know at this tutorial? How can I join it?
If you go back to the first post in this thread it pretty much describes everything included in the tutorial. You can also go to the gallery thread here:
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140300
which will give you a feel for what others have learned from it. Hope that answered your question.

Old 2009-10-03, 9:58am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I got my glass order from DH in today!! I got some Olympia Rain and 4 other 1/4 pounders. I can PLAY with this now! YAY! Maybe I can get out there today and create some storms if it doesn't start storming (weatherwise!) outside again. I won't fire up my kiln if there's lightning happening! I DO have a question...When you apply the storm twistie, do you just put a blob of it on there, or do you kind of swirl it around on top of the previous dot? Either I'm not reading it right or I'm not comprehending it, so figured I'd ask before I mess up something.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2009-10-03, 10:15am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie View Post
When you apply the storm twistie, do you just put a blob of it on there, or do you kind of swirl it around on top of the previous dot? Either I'm not reading it right or I'm not comprehending it, so figured I'd ask before I mess up something.
Just apply it like you would any other stringer....no need to get fancy.

Old 2009-10-03, 10:46am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Cool! Thanks!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2009-10-06, 9:40am
Now in living color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
The only silver glass I have at the moment is aurae and I just can't get it to work!
I feel your pain, Bob. My results with Aurae storming have been hit or miss. Actually, I had even less luck with Triton storming so I put it all aside until I can order some OR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I think it may be a good idea to get some Olympia Rain or Zeus and some Golden Emerald. You can't go wrong with those colors and using them first will help you get the hang of it.
Sounds good.

I like the storm in this one, though not crazy about the final bead.

There's a lot of potential in this technique. I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Jinx

Old 2009-10-06, 9:54am
Storm Queen

Ooh...I like that Jinx!

Old 2009-10-09, 12:39pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I can make storm beads!!!!!!!!!!Yiippeee and Yahooieeeeeee!

Thank you Amy for a wonderful tutorial and thank you Naos for giving me advice with the hothead. I will post pictures when I feel I have something worthy.

Old 2009-10-09, 12:55pm
Storm Queen

That's fabulous! I knew Amber would be the perfect person to help you with your HH questions....thanks Amber!

Old 2009-10-10, 8:24am
I'd rather be torching.

Amy, I love this tut! I have some original olympia rain from years ago and couldn't make it do anything. Well, I can get her to storm! This is very addicting. I have been putting dots on everything LOL. I will try and see if I can take a picture that will look good.

You did a nice job.
thanks again, I have admired your beads for a long time and wondered how you got that neat effect.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
~Twyla Tharp
I know where I am. I've been lost here before.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:14am
Storm Queen

Thanks Leigh! I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Old 2009-11-09, 3:01pm

Woo Hoo! I'm a little late in the game but I finally got your tut!
Thank you Amy!

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-09, 3:30pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Julie! I hope you combine a stormed bead with some of your fabulous wire wrapping!

Old 2009-11-10, 9:00am

Thank you Amy! I do have plans! My first one didn't quite turn out but my second one did. I got storm on my first one but since I'm on a hot head it reduced before I could add my clear. I love your Tut!

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-10, 4:36pm
Ready to hit the road

Jinx, that is awesome!! I really like your bead (other than being a little creepy).

Here's one of my latest:

Old 2009-11-11, 10:26am
Storm Queen

Gorgeous Betsy...as usual!

Old 2010-01-29, 4:23pm
Storm Queen

Mein Tutorial ist jetzt auch auf Deutsch erhältlich!

Sofort verfügbar auf meiner Homepage

My tutorial is now available in German.

Old 2010-01-29, 4:48pm

Okay, you've all convinced me. I've coveted this tutorial for a while, but have spent more on glass this month than I'd really want my husband to know about. But, since I did order some olympia rain in the frenzy, it seems like a shame not to put it to really good use! Value added, right? Now if it would only warm up a little so I could go into my studio ... even as warm as freezing, really - is that so much to ask?

Old 2010-01-29, 7:24pm
Storm Queen

Have fun with it Julie! It's a fool proof way to use silver reduction glass.

Old 2010-10-02, 7:20am
Gonna get blow'd up!

Purchased! Can't wait to see it

Old 2010-10-02, 9:31am
Gonna get blow'd up!

Dude, you're fast. thanks....! Yaya!!!!

Old 2010-10-06, 2:26pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperrein View Post
Dude, you're fast. thanks....! Yaya!!!!
Hope you're having fun with it!