Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-17, 7:55am

I'll be so jealous if you guys do all those things. I can't get off work that long, so will have to pick and choose. I did go to the beach for 2 days after GS this year and it was wonderful, beautiful weather, too. If you want suggestions, there's a great place in Yachats (that's Ya-hots for those who have never been there) that's right on the ocean, and it's ~ 30" from Newport and ~ 30-45" from Florence, lots to see.
Melody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-17, 9:02am
Wooohooo,GS!

We will be annoucing the West Venue soon but looks like it will be at EGS, pending some minor details. We are going to double-bill it as a glorious 10 days of glass extravaganza!!!
For those of you who can take the time off, it promises to be an incredible time! I am working with EGS on some finer details of the Flame Off to make it more soft glass friendly! I hope you will all check it out this year for some changes to the competition.

Remember, there are hotels near the GS East site, not too far away.

For all of you who want the "guaranteed spots", PLEASE email me at deb@debcrowley.com to hold that spot for GS West next year!

I CAN hold a couple spots at GS East for some of you, the tuition is slightly higher though.

THANK you all so much for the incredible amount of cards, emails, calls with the huge amount of support, love and appreciation of my hard work!!!! I managed to break even on GS09 and ended up with some equipment (nice crucible tank, wooohooo) to show for it so I am a super happy girl!

Felicia, you sweetie, how nice is that?

Melody, lol, you are so sweeeeeet! Kay and Kip too! You can tell Kip I will hunt him down.....he is a man after my heart I tell ya, his fish ROCK! I am going to call him this weekend for a personal invite (uh, ok, to GS West too...lol....he can come out here ANYTIME!). Yachats is beautiful, Florence too!

BIG hugs, love and adoration for you all! debster

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-17 at 8:28pm.
Old 2009-09-17, 10:21am
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandglass Man View Post
Hey Deb

The latest news Mike Mangiafico has agreed to be the soft glass guest artist for Glass Stock East

Check out his web page <p://www.figstudios.com/index.html>

Bear
He effen rocks as a teacher. Just saying.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-09-17, 10:27am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

You just let me know where you need me. I'll be there. With bells on even.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-09-17, 10:51am
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
We are going to double-bill it as a glorious 10 days of glass extravaganza!!!
For those of you who can take the time off, it promises to be an incredible time! I am working with EGS on some finer details of the Flame Off to make it more soft glass friendly! I hope you will all check it out this year for some changes to the competition.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-09-17, 10:55am

PA is south of me.... just saying.

sigh..... we'll see but I am crossing my fingers.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-09-17, 11:00am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
I'll be there. With bells on even.
But will Stella have bells on?

Old 2009-09-17, 11:08am

I think Stella should be in the pj contest next year
Melody

Old 2009-09-17, 11:09am
I'm meeeeelting

Sue, you want to do this. You really do.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-17, 1:40pm
ManBearPig

Any way I can get in on this?

Old 2009-09-17, 4:01pm

Deb, will G.S. West be the same time of year (over Labor Day weekend?)

Lynn
Old 2009-09-17, 8:42pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Kim, cool, he is so awesome....this is gonna ROCK, just saying

Karen, you got it honey, we need some non-torch class teachers!! We will be putting a staff to head East together in the next month or so, line up for East coast teachers too! Stella in bells, wow, she could be the mascot!

Felicia, don't you know it! I better see some of you gals there!

Lynn, GS West, same dates always, the Thurs through Sunday of labor Day weekend. Definately at EGS in Eugene, Or, confirmed most details today. It will be the weekend following the Flame Off. I will be there timing with Didi then come home, pet my poor lonely animals, wash and repack then head back...woooohooo!

Cosmo, just watch the posts for application period, for GS East it will be Jan-Feb and for GS West March-April. The lottery draw happens about a week after close of sign ups, then everyone has 2 weeks to pay tuition. Classes will be posted on pages on my site in about a month, we will notify everyone when they are up to peruse!

Put in a long torch day, off to take a nice hot soak and relax!
hugs, deb

More info soon.....

Working on Featured artists for GS West now too

Old 2009-09-17, 10:29pm
Meow.

Hmm. Application period Jan-Feb. I think I'll pray for a good selling holiday season - I know where my money will be going if I 'win the lotto'! Heh. Ok, so I don't really pray - but I'll wish.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-09-17, 10:54pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

I'm hoping for good sales for you, Kim. You'll have a blast.

Old 2009-09-18, 11:24am
LFCookie

The skittle-mobile WILL be going to GS West!
Old 2009-09-18, 11:31am
Master Procrastinator

WOOHOO! Save me a seat please (assuming I get in )

Old 2009-09-18, 11:33am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Whoo hoo!!

Old 2009-09-18, 11:35am
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
The skittle-mobile WILL be going to GS West!

Quote:
WOOHOO! Save me a seat please (assuming I get in )
Clearly, Lea's had enough of my driving. I was SO tired on the return to Portland that I was more than a little out of it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-18, 11:40am
Master Procrastinator

Not at all, you silly thing! You know I love you! I just want a ride, ANY ride! Cause that would imply that I'm actually GOING!

You were tired? Wouldn't know it with how much & how fast you were talking. LOL! You sure you're not from NY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post

Clearly, Lea's had enough of my driving. I was SO tired on the return to Portland that I was more than a little out of it.

Old 2009-09-18, 11:46am
Beyond Cloud 9!

And there will be a new passenger in the Skittle Mobile this year.

Old 2009-09-18, 11:53am
Master Procrastinator

HUH?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lripster View Post
And there will be a new passenger in the Skittle Mobile this year.

Old 2009-09-18, 3:39pm

I found a house that is huge in Eugene. Maybe we can combine houses this year. I know I will be getting in so worth not having hot shop

Old 2009-09-20, 6:25am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia and Lea, you two are just precious!!! Of course she talked a lot...everyone does after GS...too much info for our brains to take in in 4 days, lol! Everyone usually goes home, sleeps for a week and then wakes up and asks for new tools money, ha ha ha!

I do have several items in lost and found, also, my Carlo Dona cup shears have grown feet, wah! I am also missing a tin with raised cats and foil in it, my mini-mashers, hemos and spatula. Would LOVE to get at least my shears back, if you happen to have packed any of these by mistake, please send them back! Also, please identify any missing items to me!

I do need to clarify "guaranteed spots". We had a major issue with the hot shop, we had a couple electrically savy people look at the wiring and said we need to chase down the problem. I am having an electrician check all the wiring to find out what is wrong and why.

So, anyone who signed up for hot shop has a "guaranteed spot" for next year's GS West. It may have slowed us down but it sure can't stop us!! Everyone seemed so happy in spite of it....not too many people even missed it! Like I said before, the best year yet!

EGS has a huge hot shop so next year it will be a dream, hardly any set up, staying with great friends and lots of help, wooohooo!

More soon on East, West and everything in between!
Hugs deb

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-20 at 6:46am.
Old 2009-09-20, 9:06am
I'm meeeeelting

I always talk fast and often a lot. I'm pretty sure I really was blathering idiot by the time we headed back to Portland. Lea holds her own just fine, though. Apparently, we both bored Kris, though, as she got a good nap in.

Deb, I found one of those little dental-tool like spatulas in my bag when I got home and back into the studio. Is that the type you're missing? Maggie thought it may be hers, because it had an orange sticker on the handle and apparently that's how she marked her stuff. She was going to check to see if hers was missing (I think I used hers to make fish mouths when she was showing me how to make your style of fish, so my guess is it's hers). I'll follow up with her. If it's not hers, maybe it's yours.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-20, 10:43am

wow a place I can drive to. yahoo. I have the taj matent too.

Old 2009-09-20, 1:06pm
Ad astra per aspera

OMG this is awesome! I'm back east every July anyway, to visit family and hit the beach. This comes just a little earlier and I know I can make it happen! Yowza!

Deb, what do you need for a teacher application. If anyone's interested, I'd love to teach a class on chain maille weaves to use with beads. I had to drop the ball for this year's GS west, but it's something I love to do and I wanna share.

Old 2009-09-20, 10:34pm
Lovin the Lampworker life

WAHOO! I am SO there!!!! Hi Barry!!!! Can't wait to see you again! Deb said it was OK for me to spill the beans that I will be one of the east of the mississippi instructors, don't know what I'm teaching yet but told Deb I will teach whatever she wants me to!!! I also still haven't fully unpacked from Glass Stock West and WOW now I'm all excited about Glass Stock East! Maybe we should just all leave a couple suitcases packed and ready for Deb's events and that way we don't have to unpack ever! Had SO much fun at GS09 and got SO little sleep, it's taken me a while to recover but it was SO worth it. I'd love to teach soft glass seashells and wire crochet again, the classes were a blast. ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF DEB! OK, so I liked the glass dead heads reference, we can be "Deb heads" hehehehehehe. GS10 East falls on my week off, whoop whoop!!!
LOVE YOU BOTH BEAR AND DEB!!!

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Carlisle Mini CC, Lucio Burner and Hellcat, on tank oxygen
Old 2009-09-21, 5:59am
ManBearPig

What are the dates for the event?

Old 2009-09-21, 9:48am

So far we only know about the new East event - the one in PA, that will over the 4th of July weekend. And the Original one that has been in Newport, OR and will now be in Eugene will be over Labor Day Weekend (was Sept 3-6th this year). They say there will be a "far North" event, too, but haven't heard about it yet.
Melody

Old 2009-09-21, 11:37am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
So far we only know about the new East event - the one in PA, that will over the 4th of July weekend. And the Original one that has been in Newport, OR and will now be in Eugene will be over Labor Day Weekend (was Sept 3-6th this year). They say there will be a "far North" event, too, but haven't heard about it yet.
Melody
Of course. That figures. I have one of the biggest races of next season over July 4th weekend...