Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-06, 10:03pm

Default I just need to say this about Sundance.

IN MY OPINION!!!!

I would never NEVER NEVER recommend any lampworker or even an enemy of mine to shop with Sundance.

We have placed one order and in that order I had to send back 3 things... and I should have sent a forth back but I said screw them.

I got my hoses, quick connects, flashbacks, and regulators from them... First off the regulator was acting funny, and the quick connect was leaking some place where it wasn't even suppose too... I call them, and a person whose name rhymes with oug and begins with a D tells me to send it back (the quick connect) and that I must be using the regulator wrong... So I use my money and send it back and he sends out a new one. Problem was, he sent me the wrong part, had to use my money again and send it back to get a new one, all the while we use the broken regulator. Finally get the correct connect and we're up and running. A month goes by, me thinking that if it's not the regulator then it's the O2 concentrator, or something else... It gets worse, I call a pro welder, and he looks at everything and tells me the bladder in the regulator is messed and get a new one. I call man not named Doug at Sundance and he tells me that I need to send it in to test. I use my money again, send it back and he sends out a new one... This is were I get mad. The brand new one is even worse, and the welding shop owner told me if I had put the regulator on a larger tank, it could have exploded... Finally I said that's it I'm sick and tired. Called Sundance and told them to screw off, I have a baby and don't need a fire.

I paid all the postage sending their defective items back, never got any kinda reimbursement, and had lots of down time.

In my opinion, they are the WORST store to shop at, period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-07, 1:10am

Uh ha.....
All that, now substitute postages to and from Australia.

Been there, read the book, know the feeling.
Old 2011-03-08, 12:04pm

We apologize for any problems.

We take care of any issues immediately replacing any item a customer deems defective or incorrect. We always pay for any return shipping if the customer requests, but often we need to test an item to be sure of an error in use or if in fact the item is defective.

We only carry the highest quality American made gas equipment, never any Chinese and it’s rare that the gas parts are defective.
These regulators, by Premier Industries, can handle any lampworker or welding requirements. I asked Premier Industries to respond as well.
If a customer rips their regulator diaphragms we replace the diaphragms without charge.

We would be glad to reimburse your shipping costs - please PM or email me with the details and we will issue you a refund.

We strive for the highest level of customer service.
Brian Helgerson – owner of Sundance Glass
Old 2011-03-08, 5:50pm

I have only ordered from Sundance once and was very happy with my order and the service. I will order again when I need supplies.

I only wish you hadn't moved out of your Mountain View store - I bought a ton of stuff during your closing down sale when I first started lampworking!

-Diane

My Facebook business page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2011-03-08, 6:38pm
Salt Box Beads

I live about an hour away and go there regularly. No problems. I did have a problem with a phone order recently. She said they wouldn't ship unless I purchased 50.00 worth and the item was 45.00 She was rather abrupt. I asked to speak with one of the guys but she said they were all out to lunch.

Had I spoken with someone else I am sure they would have shipped anyway, because it was at their suggestion when I was there shopping just to call in my orders and save on gas. Round trip in my truck is about $28.00

But all in all I will still shop there and still recommend them. One not so good experience out of say fifty isn't a deal breaker for me.

Give them time, I know Sundance will make it right.

P.S. telling someone to SCREW OFF is just rude and crude and won't get you anywhere. You can get angry without getting vulgar...IMHO

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2011-03-08 at 6:43pm.
Old 2011-03-08, 8:46pm

I gave them enough chances, and if you're happy with them you can stick with them. I didn't feel like spending more of my money and having more down time over items not working properly.

Oh, and Sundance if you wanna refund me my money that I paid to ship, contact me, otherwise everyone on here still knows that you've done nothing about it... I did ask when i first sent the quick connects but never saw anything.

If you make this right, I will let everyone know.

Old 2011-03-09, 3:54am

I started stained glass LONG before I started lampworking- back in the mid 80
I usually have used Sundance for lamp bases when I would need them. They have always provided me with outstanding service, answered all my questions, shipped promptly and even shown interest (asking what my lamp project was, what colors, etc) in what I was making.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-03-28, 1:25pm
lolang

Hi Brian Helgerson,
I am ordering my torch, propane regulator, 4in1 flash arrestor tonight.
Please make sure everything is aok before shipment. Safety 1ST.
Can you tell me how soon can I get my order.
Thanks,
smurfbeads
Old 2011-03-28, 2:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Hi Brian Helgerson,
I am ordering my torch, propane regulator, 4in1 flash arrestor tonight.
Please make sure everything is aok before shipment. Safety 1ST.
Can you tell me how soon can I get my order.
Thanks,
smurfbeads
Are you seriously addressing a business in an internet posting and expecting them to see this and respond to it?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-03-28, 2:10pm
Entropy increasing....

You know, I bet lots of these kinds of disputes would resolve themselves if people just emailed the offending party that they would start a thread on LE about this matter if it's not rectified.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-28, 2:31pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Are you seriously addressing a business in an internet posting and expecting them to see this and respond to it?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-28, 3:02pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
That's GOT to be a joke, right?

Old 2011-03-28, 3:03pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
That's GOT to be a joke, right?
One would hope.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-03-28, 3:26pm
lolang

Wow! this thread is alive....
I am sure you guys want to know my view when I get my stuff.
smurf
Old 2011-03-28, 4:07pm
coastie glass

Employees of a business never have quite the same investment in customer service as the owner. Whenever I have problems with a small business, I go straight to the owner. If something is wrong, the employee is not necessarily going to tell the owner or offer a shipping refund. Your experience is awful but Brian is a good guy and years of purchasing from him has never disappointed. We first bought from him in Mountain View and have bought from him at his Paradise location as well. Barbara
Old 2011-03-31, 5:17pm
lolang

Thanks Barbara,
I needed to hear that! This is my 1st order.
East Coast
Liberty
Old 2011-03-31, 6:36pm
Salt Box Beads

I drove up to Paradise just a few days ago and bought over 4 pounds of the discontinued copper green, at least I think it has been discontinued, and over a pound of Opal Yellow.

I had a blast talking to everyone!

Barbara, I agree and said the same thing here awhile back and got trounced for it but I stuck to my guns. That is exactly what you do, Go right to the top if things are not resolved in a timely and friendly fashion. IMHO

Old 2011-04-01, 2:49am

Hi Barbara. However, sometimes the owner of a company is the reason why the employees are customer service-challenged....Always coming up with excuses why this or that didn't happen and blaming customer's negative experiences on everything and anything....just saying

Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Employees of a business never have quite the same investment in customer service as the owner. Whenever I have problems with a small business, I go straight to the owner. If something is wrong, the employee is not necessarily going to tell the owner or offer a shipping refund. Your experience is awful but Brian is a good guy and years of purchasing from him has never disappointed. We first bought from him in Mountain View and have bought from him at his Paradise location as well. Barbara

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN