LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2011-07-17, 2:41pm
Lush!

Michal came to the UK to teach a year or two ago, I took her class at Diana East's studio. I've also taken a class with Sarah - they both used quite different techniques.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-17, 5:07pm
sunscreen me baby

Jenn's tutorial is still on her site, but a different link:
http://www.glassgirl.com/Jennifer_Ge..._Tutorial.html

~

Old 2011-07-17, 5:19pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh, I see it was posted already.

~

Old 2011-07-17, 11:42pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle_25 View Post
Michal came to the UK to teach a year or two ago, I took her class at Diana East's studio. I've also taken a class with Sarah - they both used quite different techniques.
That's what I thought

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-18, 12:25am

I am pretty sure Kim Neely did a similar technique on one of her sets. Encased ribbon stringer.

Kym
Old 2011-07-18, 9:22pm

Michal will be in Minnesota and will teach a one day class twice in September - how far away are you?

Oops...never mind - I see that you are down under...probably NOT going to make the class!!!

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2011-07-19, 1:22am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybritt View Post
Michal will be in Minnesota and will teach a one day class twice in September - how far away are you?

Oops...never mind - I see that you are down under...probably NOT going to make the class!!!

id love to come, lemme just check the bus timetables...

Old 2011-08-22, 5:44am

Many thanks x
Old 2011-08-23, 10:30am
Is it Torch Time Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybritt View Post
I'll be in one of those classes! Can't wait!
Old 2011-09-03, 3:32pm
Wyoming Silvers

Where? When? Maybe!?!

Lovin my Lynx with M20
Old 2011-09-03, 6:11pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I have to agree, LOVE his/her beads too!!! Specially the really bright ones. I would LOVE a tutorial too. I make lots of stripes/lines on my beads and can NEVER get them that thin/close. I was recently thinking about Jennifers tutorial but was too lazy to look for it........it seems to me the best bet but wHERE the heck do all those wonderful colors come from........???????

Old 2011-09-04, 6:07pm
Unmedicated since '62

here is what i've worked out so far by trial and error

its individual stringers
take a deep colour and encase thickly in a matching deep colour - i've worked out the encasing has to be at least 1/4 to 1/3 the thickness of the core or it disappears when you pull it and you dont get that nice separation when you lay it down
try to get all your stringer the same thickness - hard!
you need waaaaaay more stringer than you think!!
make sure the joins from the stringer all end up at the same spot (duh)

Old 2011-09-07, 1:10pm
Just me

That is a beautiful bead!
I don't know if this is the right way but it may help get you closer.
If you have Beads of Glass by Cindy Jenkins, check out the Rainbow Latticino Cane tutorial by Lea Zinke.
She shows a method of stacking colors for a cane, so when you pull you get a long cane/stringer where one color leads into the next.
By tweaking colors, trying to encase colors or just plain monkeying around with making cane you might come up with something similar to wrap around a core bead.

Old 2011-09-08, 5:16pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
I think it's encased stringer

But where are the ends? At the back?

And how do they end up so tightly together?

it is, a encased cane its pulled with all the transparent colors in it. so it has no ends just moves and fades from one color to the next. The transparent keeps the lines from touching each other and helps to keep it tight, you put one wrap touching the one before it.

its a vary well done bead

in the book “Beads of glass” by Cindy Jenkins it shows how to make Rainbow Latticino by Lea Zinke.
the fading in Lea's beads is a lot like the bead you found. only in the bead you have. the cane is not twisted and the core is different opaque colors way cool !!!
If you don't have the book yet find a copy its a good one!!!

I make highlighter cane that looks like this but mine is all one color

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2011-09-11, 4:28am
Unmedicated since '62

I have cindys book, I'll go have another look

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne View Post
That is a beautiful bead!
I don't know if this is the right way but it may help get you closer.
If you have Beads of Glass by Cindy Jenkins, check out the Rainbow Latticino Cane tutorial by Lea Zinke.
She shows a method of stacking colors for a cane, so when you pull you get a long cane/stringer where one color leads into the next.
By tweaking colors, trying to encase colors or just plain monkeying around with making cane you might come up with something similar to wrap around a core bead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sra-p96 View Post
it is, a encased cane its pulled with all the transparent colors in it. so it has no ends just moves and fades from one color to the next. The transparent keeps the lines from touching each other and helps to keep it tight, you put one wrap touching the one before it.

its a vary well done bead

in the book “Beads of glass” by Cindy Jenkins it shows how to make Rainbow Latticino by Lea Zinke.
the fading in Lea's beads is a lot like the bead you found. only in the bead you have. the cane is not twisted and the core is different opaque colors way cool !!!
If you don't have the book yet find a copy its a good one!!!

I make highlighter cane that looks like this but mine is all one color