LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-02-25, 6:29pm

Default Is handmade Evil Purple a thing of the past??

Last week I ordered a pound of P-254 EDP purple and what I received is NOTHING like it was years ago (it has been a few years since I've ordered this glass). I was told that this new stuff was machine made and it doesn't act anything like how evil purple used to. This new purple I received acts just like dark pink...no cool reactions on silver, turquoise or on ivory. So sad....

So my question is....is handmade evil purple a thing of the past? Any more info on this purple glass situation would be greatly appreciated.

Catherine
Old 2011-02-26, 11:21am
Life is change. Love it

Yes, it is a thing of the past. The handpulled stuff is worth a lot more now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-26, 11:48am
Live and Let Live

Although... I recall that Mike Frantz once ordered a 'special' handpulled run of Pale Green Emerald but had to commit to buying the whole lot, no guarantee that it would turn out as desired. Perhaps that's an option for a batch of 'Good Old Handpulled' EDP if enough folks are committed to a buy?

Old 2011-02-26, 12:00pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Yes, unfortunately the current 254 is nothing like the old "hand-pulled" one.
It also creates some really weird colors, depending on how you work it. Still pretty colors, but nothing like EDP. Not even purple, if you ask me.

Check out my comparison pictures here:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187804

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-02-26, 8:56pm

Well, I am truly sad that the old purple is no more...<sniff>

The new purple I received looks like dark pink. I played very little with it and it acts/looks like dark pink when melted. I couldn't get a lick of purple out of it! I'll keep trying.

Thanks Judith for posting your thread. I love the dark purple! I hope I can get a color like that out of this pound of new 'purple'. I will truly miss the old purple......I wish now I had purchased at least 20 lbs of it.

Catherine
Old 2011-02-26, 10:04pm
beads....mmmm

I miss EDP. ~sob~

Ah, well, life goes on.

::
Old 2011-02-27, 3:48am

Doesn't that tick you Off? I mean unlike an odd lot, 254 is/has been a standard color for a long time. It in no way serves their customers to replace it with a clearly substandard replacement when they could go on making the hand pulled version and offer it at a premium cost occasionally. Whenthings like this happen it just goes to show me our relative importance to effetre is very very low on the totem pole. Not that moretti has ever really pretended otherwise but this is a good reminder.
Old 2011-04-11, 3:57pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

I have some EDP from 2005-6 for sale in the garage if anyone is interested.

--Joy

Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!