Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-11-15, 6:35pm
Born Facing Left

Adding my thanks for the kind words!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-15, 6:36pm

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Pipyr's tutorials yet. She works boro but the eye cane tutorial, which makes the most realistic eyes, she did in both soft glass and boro. Fantastic tutorials.

I also love MaryMoths and I have Anne Rickett's too.

I love ALL my tutorials!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-11-15, 8:06pm
I like to melt things

I love all of my tutorials too. I am a tutorial junkie and even though I don't seem to ever make myself reproduce any of the beads from any of them, I've learned valuable things that I have incorporated into my own work, such that it is.

I can't wait for the beadliner tutorial Jo!

I would love to see a tutorial from Astrid on her encased organic lentils (with pleats!) and I am also really hungry for a tutorial on silver glass murrini from Hayley. And finally, I would really like Kimberly Affleck to write a tutorial about her encased organics. I've seen her demo them twice, but it's just not the same as having something to refer back to.

-
-
Old 2010-11-15, 8:09pm

Thank you from me too Wow, you made my day here. God, those fish and monkeys are HARD. I have to follow my own tutorial for those two beads, seriously. I have written directions in front of me If you forget the sequence, the whole thing is messed up. Plus, I use two torches when I make those. A Japanese torch to keep it warm, and my Herbie to do the detail work. It's quite the dance. And by the time I'm done, my shoulders are up over my ears.

I still want Lea's Hydrangea bead. Lea, where are you. I'm stalking you

Old 2010-11-15, 9:14pm
MacGalver

Thanks, Oenone! I'm pretty excited about the beadliner tut too, I hope it will make lining beads available to lots of folks who don't have the spare cash for a fancy lining tool. I know the "how to make your own tools" tuts are not quite as exciting as some of the other eye candy tuts, but I hope people are finding them helpful.

Jo

Old 2010-11-16, 3:17am
Happy Beadmaker!

Thanks, Cynthia, for all the kind words! I'm sure I have an extra of that issue stashed somewhere!!! I-know-it's-here-I-know-it's-here...you know the routine!!! Yikes, I need to hire an organizer...

I'm wondering if I could get permission from Kalmbach to re-release that tutorial??? Anyone know of such "rules" for once something is published already???

~
~
~
Old 2010-11-16, 8:20am

I found the magazine at the Kalmbach website, but I didn't know if you were in Bead and Button, or in the Bead Dreams issue. Funny thing is that I had that Bead Dreams issue, and when we moved, I sent all of my magazines to the recycle. I just couldn't deal with the amount of "stuff" I had.

Old 2010-11-16, 8:25am
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh my gosh , this pains me to read! I adore my books and mags......

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I found the magazine at the Kalmbach website, but I didn't know if you were in Bead and Button, or in the Bead Dreams issue. Funny thing is that I had that Bead Dreams issue, and when we moved, I sent all of my magazines to the recycle. I just couldn't deal with the amount of "stuff" I had.

Old 2010-11-16, 8:26am

the layered petal tutorial from grateful bead was awesome!

Old 2010-11-16, 8:46am

I love all of the tutorials that I have! I really appreciate the effort that the artist put into them. Just wish I had more $ so that I could have them all!
Old 2010-11-16, 10:17am
Happy Beadmaker!

Hey Cynthia, I was in both (probably do a search for 'Lea Zinke' on the B&B site because there are several issues over the years).

Meanwhile I'm not in studio today, but will look again tomorrow.

~
~
~
Old 2010-11-16, 10:21am
MacGalver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea Zinke View Post
Thanks, Cynthia, for all the kind words! I'm sure I have an extra of that issue stashed somewhere!!! I-know-it's-here-I-know-it's-here...you know the routine!!! Yikes, I need to hire an organizer...

I'm wondering if I could get permission from Kalmbach to re-release that tutorial??? Anyone know of such "rules" for once something is published already???
Lea, the "standard" agreement is the magazine has the first publication rights and the right to sell article reprints, but the author retains separate publication rights as well, for instance to put the tutorial into a larger book or whatever. But, it depends on what your specific contract says. Unless you gave them an exclusive, worldwide copyright on your tutorial, you should be able to do with it what you please after the initial publication period. Some contracts include conditions, like you cannot republish elsewhere within a year, or whatever.

In my experience, it would be rare for a magazine to expect a perpetual copyright on your work in exchange for publishing your tutorial one time. Book publishers are different, but I would suggest you call them and ask what your terms are, if you don't have a copy of the original agreement. Don't take their word for it, ask for a copy of the original agreement. As an author, you have a right to control your own works!

Jo

Old 2010-11-17, 11:09am

I highly recommend Sarah Hornik's tutorials on rubino oro and on goldstone. I enjoyed her favorite color combinations tutorial also, but wish she would update it with glass colors that are currently available.
Please post tutorials that are truly worth the money in this thread. I am looking to buy my next one.
Old 2010-11-18, 8:54pm
Unmedicated since '62

i would love a tutorial on vessels by Tink - sadly i dont think thats gonna happen where has she gone?

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-11-18, 10:35pm

I've purchased many tutorials and am planning on purchasing many more! I am so grateful that the lovely artists who share their talents are willing to do so. Each one is a treasure.

______________________________________-

Dawn
Old 2010-11-19, 3:41am
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
i would love a tutorial on vessels by Tink - sadly i dont think thats gonna happen where has she gone?
I believe she has left the glass world for now and has been working a full time job. I can't seem to remember what she is doing though. Geesh.......

Old 2010-11-20, 8:07am
Help i am on fire

my tuts would all be on "what not to do". i admire those w/ there talent and kindness.

just noticed i am a senior member, i want my junior status back so you can think i am really young and have tight skin on my face.

Last edited by bead-meltdown; 2010-11-20 at 8:11am. Reason: added info
Old 2010-11-20, 8:48am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead-meltdown View Post
my tuts would all be on "what not to do". i admire those w/ there talent and kindness.

just noticed i am a senior member, i want my junior status back so you can think i am really young and have tight skin on my face.

Old 2010-11-20, 9:26am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-11-21, 12:40am
It's all about the color.

Quote:

You can change that here under Custom User Title:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/pr...do=editprofile

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-11-21, 10:58pm

Ayako Hattori - I can gaze at those beads with such envy and would love to learn how....

Became addicted on HH June 07
graduated to Minor Jan 08
Oxy Con & Natural Gas (frustrating but now great!)
Old 2010-11-22, 7:54am

I love all the tutorials the free ones or the for sale ones. If I had the money I would have them all NOW. I really am thankful for anyone that makes them.
Old 2010-11-25, 6:20am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Lea,

I have a vessels series of tutorials on the drawing board, as well as perfumes and bells. But life has been insane this last year dealing with family issues, and now my health aint so hot. Depending on when my surgery date is set for my neck.I may get the pictures taken and be able to work on text while I am laid up. But no promises.. a lot depends on things outside of my control.

for vessels.. are you wanting one done on hollow mandrels or from pulled points? one to hang on a necklace, or put on a table? or all of the above?

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-12-02, 1:50pm

There is a blank space in my Big Book of Tutorials, and it I reserved for anastasia's tiny precise implosions! My BBoT is very precious to me, because classes aren't an option!

Thanks everyone! Great thread!

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com
Old 2010-12-17, 4:03pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

The first lampworking tutorial I ever purchased was from Lydia Muell. It was a beautiful work of art independent of what she was teaching. It really brought home to me that quality of design and presentation, clear and simple explanation and abundant photography are all important in a tutorial.

I have a Technical Publications background, so it was wonderful to get her tutorials and find each one so carefully done. Since then I have purchased tutorials that I have immediately regretted, and there's nothing to do once you have them except not order from that artist again.

I try to create thorough, heavily photographed, well explained tutorials now. And I thank all the tutorial artists out there who put their heart into their tutorials, like they do their creations!
Old 2010-12-21, 10:43am

Jo, any update on the beadliner tut? Anxiously awaiting......
Old 2010-12-29, 1:30pm

I would love a tutorial from ASTRID RIEDEL!!!
I would buy any tut from her. I love all her beads!
Most her pleated beads and her murrinis.

Happy new year!
Anneli
Old 2010-12-29, 1:38pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li View Post
I would love a tutorial from ASTRID RIEDEL!!!
I would buy any tut from her. I love all her beads!
Most her pleated beads and her murrinis.

Happy new year!
Anneli
Ha me too! I would buy a tutorial from her that teaches you how to inhale and exhale. Okay, maybe not but you get my point

Old 2010-12-29, 8:31pm

After watching the 5 month challange in the gallery, I'm wondering when gems is going to do a tutorial! Those have been some beautiful beads! As well as all the artists mentioned.
Old 2010-12-29, 10:40pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeconroy View Post
After watching the 5 month challange in the gallery, I'm wondering when gems is going to do a tutorial!
Well, she kind of did in the bathroom today. Something along the lines of "Don't take your Ventilation for granted."

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)