Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-04, 5:34pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Default Dremel flex shaft? Copper wire seller?

Two questions for the price of one thread...

I just saw this in an older thread...I googled and saw a few...if you have one for a Dremel, would you please share which one and where you got it???
Please? Thank you, Pat

I know some of our peeps sell copper wire, and I bought some..but from whom??? Thanks, Pat
Old 2010-11-04, 5:57pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Pat, I sell bare copper wire by the spool ($4 a spool, different gauge have different quantities). What gauge do you need? If interested, PM me.

Thanks,
Lea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2010-11-04, 6:17pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks, Lea..will pm you...Pat
Old 2010-11-04, 11:54pm
Cat Winx

Pat.. I saw Dremel Flex shafts (you're talking about just the handpiece and shaft attachment, right?) at Home Depot last week!
Hope this is helpful

~Rachel

Old 2010-11-05, 5:06am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks, Rachel...yep, that helps! I will go to their web site now..Pat
Old 2010-11-06, 12:16pm

I sell 21 ga. Square, 20 ga. Half round and 18 ga. half round copper.
http://www.tumbleweedglass.com/copper.html

You might consider a Foredom tool, instead of a Dremel. A good Foredom tool (which is a workhorse) combined with a cordless Dremel for light tasks, is a great combo.

Steve

Last edited by SteveWright; 2010-11-06 at 12:25pm. Reason: added stuff
Old 2010-11-06, 12:32pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks, Steve...I will make a note for myself...and then I looked at your website...thanks again!!! LOL..more stuff I know I need!! I am obsessed with wire and wrapping and twisting!

I have a big and little Dremel, so I was hoping that I wouldn't need a Foredom...I have read all the good things about it here on LE....Now back to your website!
Thanks, Pat
Old 2010-11-06, 2:27pm

Pat,
If you already own the Dremels, you are fixed up. In addition to a flex shaft, look at the drill press attachment for Dremels. Those are handy too.

Steve

Old 2010-11-09, 11:01pm
dances with ideas...

I agree with Steve. Since you've already got the Dremels, run with it! I second the drill press as well as the flex shaft. I've used the drill press to drill holes in metal, glass, stone, and to hold it horizontally as a mini-grinder. It's pretty sweet.

Old 2010-11-10, 8:15pm

i bought all of my copper wire at monsterslayer.com. they have like every diameter available

Old 2010-11-10, 8:41pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thank you, Roberta and Brandie...
I found the flex shaft, but haven't found the drill press yet..will keep looking.
And you might want to try to buy some of your wire from Lea Zinke...her prices are great for what I wanted and they got here in two days from ordering!! Fast!!
Pat
Old 2010-11-10, 9:30pm
dances with ideas...

Pat, I bought my drill press at an Ace Hardware. But that was years ago. Good luck on your search!

Old 2010-11-10, 9:33pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Thank you, Roberta and Brandie...
I found the flex shaft, but haven't found the drill press yet..will keep looking.
And you might want to try to buy some of your wire from Lea Zinke...her prices are great for what I wanted and they got here in two days from ordering!! Fast!!
Pat
I'm not sure who sells it (or where you are, Pat) but "Delta" makes a decent bench top drill press... it has served me well!

~Rachel

Old 2010-11-10, 9:37pm
Cat Winx

Oh OH! I'm sorry.. I had to read back a few posts to get the gist.. I didn't realizing you were looking for a drill press aTTACHment for the Dremel.. those are readily available still... hmmm... let me do some checking and I will get back to you!

~R
P.S. A year ago I found one of those at Home Depot too.. but it was a closeout and I got the impression it was because they weren't going to be carrying them anymore.
Still.. I am a tool addict and, if there's one around, *I* will find it! ;}

Old 2010-11-11, 3:22am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

You all are being so helpful!! I have a wonderful Ace that I have been shopping in for over 30 years!! We knew the couple who started the store, so I can get there this weekend and ask her about getting me one if it is not stocked. Thanks a lot, Pat
Oh, I have a Lowe's close by. Maybe they have it. I can check on that tomorrow.
Old 2010-11-11, 4:40am
Cat Winx

Cool.. places like ACE are a lot more likely to still have the older items (the kind that Lowe's an Home Depot are getting rid of because only a *few* of us want them. (harumph! ;}
The little places are aware of the fact that their bread is buttered on having those harder to find items.. now even more than ever.
Good luck I hope they have exactly what your looking for Pat!

~Rache