Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-04-21, 6:24am
Susan

Default Ray Olson Butterfly Murini Class! Florida

I am so pleased to announce that Florida Glass Dragons is opening up a Ray Olson class on Friday, May 14th in Haine City, FL (South West of Orlando)

Cost will be $200 per student.

We need 6 students to make this class a definite go. Ray will be sending us a picture of the murrini he's teaching soon and I will post it.

There are two affordable hotels nearby

Florida Glass Dragons will be providing lunch, glass and tools needed. All you need are your Didymiums and non-flamable clothing!

Contact me if you are interested!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by InsanityBeader; 2010-04-22 at 5:46pm.
Old 2010-04-21, 10:02am

Wow I would love to be there!! I need to get rid of my day job!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-04-22, 5:40pm
Susan

Hey Paula!! Here's wishing with you

Old 2010-04-25, 3:18pm
boro color bender

I'd love to meet more LE peeps... sign up and we'll have dinner.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-05-12, 3:20pm

Can't wait this is going to be such fun.
Paula we will miss you!
MarieAnn
Old 2010-05-12, 3:24pm

Thanks both of you! I am trying to move to someplace in Florida before the end of the year. Dad is now 89 and not getting any younger. Neither am I!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-05-12, 6:40pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Do you mean Haines City? (with an S) off Hwy 27 exit 55 off I-4?
Where in Haines city if so??
sue

Old 2010-05-13, 5:14am

Hey Sue,
Yes it is Haines City with an s (off of highway 27)
Check out the link in Susans post above
http://www.floridaglassdragons.com/
Come make beads for BOC
Old 2010-05-13, 6:03am
Mr Brutus RIP

Is that a glass studio for regular classes? Or is it a private that just happens to be having a class? I was a member a couple years ago but didn't renew because my dh works weekends, I really dont like to drive AND, I have 2 little ones at home that the 17 yo can't quite controll to watch LOL I only ever made one meeting and it was really fun.
sue

Old 2010-05-13, 8:55am

Hi Sue,
It is a private studio but the Florida Glass Dragons are holdind the above mentioned class there. It was open to all glass people but I belive it is full you could PM Suan or Brent to find out.
Always looking for new members... hint hint. Just a idea but lots of people car pool to different meetings and they are held in several locations.
Also look here http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162235
Sunday is a Beads of Courage workday maybe you could make it for a little while and see what were all about. Might be nice to get away for a few hours, if you can find someone to watch the little ones. I cretainly remember those days but they grow so very fast.
MarieAnn,

Last edited by beadgirl; 2010-05-20 at 9:18pm.
Old 2010-05-14, 8:52pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks for the info MarieAnn
Some day when the kids are older maybe. I don't have anyone that could watch them for a bit, no one here I know well enough and dd's husband works weekends like mine so she is left without a vehicle on weekends also. LOL
someday tho!
Thank you,
Sue

Old 2010-05-20, 9:20pm

I spoke with Dave about a class and he is open to teaching depending on what you want to learn.
Send me a PM and I can give you the info or I can forward a email.