Old 2011-11-30, 9:50pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

You be a redhead or just a hothead???
LOLOL

Yeah, I know I'm a smart a$$
Old 2011-11-30, 11:32pm
Unmedicated since '62

i am normally a redhead anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-12-03, 9:04am

Location: Liechtenstein (a tiny country located in Europe, next to Switzerland)

Hello Deb,
is there any way I can donate you for your software?

I'm using a Mac. To use the software I bought Parallels Desktop.
In it I'm running Windows 7. So I can use Access.
And therefor also use the StashMaster
Now I'll get started. The interface looks really good.
Old 2011-12-03, 7:28pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by choschiba View Post
Hello Deb,
is there any way I can donate you for your software?

I'm using a Mac. To use the software I bought Parallels Desktop.
In it I'm running Windows 7. So I can use Access.
And therefor also use the StashMaster
Now I'll get started. The interface looks really good.
and its all working well? if so thats briliant!! you might be the first person thats managed to put it onto a Mac, i'm impressed

my paypal addy is debbie@perfectjewellery.com.au - any donations to my "go to the gathering fund" are appreciated

Old 2011-12-03, 9:31pm

Mac,are you serious?,omg omg I'll be keeping my eyes peeled
on this thread cause I have a mac and have previewed your creation Deb.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-12-04, 3:02am

Here you can see StashMaster working on a Mac using Parallels Desktop:

http://www.choschiba.li/documents/bl...itle=parallels

Yes Deb, it's running really great!

Last edited by choschiba; 2011-12-04 at 3:05am.
Old 2011-12-04, 3:26am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Here you can see StashMaster working on a Mac using Parallels Desktop:

http://www.choschiba.li/documents/bl...itle=parallels

Yes Deb, it's running really great!
That is just fantastic! One of the reasons I haven't advertised it more widely or put it up for sale is the mac issue - I knew it could run with parallels but I had no way of testing it

Thanks!

Old 2011-12-04, 3:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
only if you have the full version of Access 2010 - if you want you can email me back your file and i'll update it for you
you don't have to have Access 2010. It also works with Access 2007. You simply have to download the Access runtime 2010 to update it!

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=10910
Old 2011-12-04, 3:47am

It's the first time I'm using StashMaster. How can I import the CIM colors that you have posted here?
Old 2011-12-04, 4:01am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
It's the first time I'm using StashMaster. How can I import the CIM colors that you have posted here?
Import the images and put them in a file for images you want to use for the database then go to the relevant colour, click on the first free image box and follow th prompts to attach the image to that colour - its pretty straightforward

Old 2011-12-05, 8:55pm
needs creative tagline

can anyone help me translate Check/Ornela?
I'm trying to figure out what Tourmaline Pink (the name Check sells it under) is in the actual Ornela numbers used in the database.
thanks,
laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-12-05, 9:02pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha200 View Post
can anyone help me translate Check/Ornela?
I'm trying to figure out what Tourmaline Pink (the name Check sells it under) is in the actual Ornela numbers used in the database.
thanks,
laura
sorry, we had a lot of trouble with the czech glass, it was really difficult to get any list at all - if anybody has a better list i'd be really grateful

i dont know if this helps at all but this is the list that the numbers in the Database refer to

http://preciosa-ornela.com/files/LampKomp.pdf

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-12-05 at 9:28pm.
Old 2011-12-05, 9:32pm
needs creative tagline

I'm not surprised considering that Check uses different numbers from the Ornela factory, and there was at least one other vendor we won't talk about who made up her own names and numbers too. Here's ones I'm looking at, but can't figure it out from them either:
https://ombos.net/shop/index.php?lis...d2eebac05cd725
http://www.checkglass.com/soda-lime/...rs/cat_11.html

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-12-05, 9:38pm
Unmedicated since '62

i looked at both of them for you but i cant figure it out either, and it really doesnt help that Precosia doesnt use descriptions, just numbers

do you have a picture of the colour your chasing?

Old 2011-12-05, 9:45pm
Unmedicated since '62

hmm by a process of deduction i reckon its either

7302 - but thats not transparent

7400 - thats a pearl colour so opalescent i'm guessing

or its one of the pinks on the first page

if you look the first two pages are transparents and there isnt actually a pink - just amethysts

Old 2011-12-05, 10:44pm
needs creative tagline

its a striking color. looks like a very light lavendar, almost clear, in rod form. Strikes to a deep pink/purple. Don't have a photo handy but will try to come up with one in the next couple days.

Facebook -

Old 2011-12-05, 11:16pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
its a striking color. looks like a very light lavendar, almost clear, in rod form. Strikes to a deep pink/purple. Don't have a photo handy but will try to come up with one in the next couple days.
then i'm betting its 9010 - thats the only striking deep pink/purple, all the striking colours start with 9

Old 2011-12-06, 1:56pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Ooh, that "deep pink/purple" color sounds delicious! I haven't tried any of the Czech colors, but maybe I will now. How hard is it to get my hands on some of it? Where is it sold?

Quote:

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-06, 2:13pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Ooh, that "deep pink/purple" color sounds delicious! I haven't tried any of the Czech colors, but maybe I will now. How hard is it to get my hands on some of it? Where is it sold?
if you check out the link to the colour chart above you'll be really really tempted, they have a fabulous range of pinks

i'm not totally sure its compatible with other 104's though - maybe sombody who uses it could step in and comment

Old 2011-12-06, 10:08pm
needs creative tagline

ah, strikers start with 9, that is helpful!

Aimee, the only place I've ever gotten it from is Check Glass and they have been out of it for quite some time. If you find another place to get it, I'd love to hear about it (along with several other people I think). It is very pretty but because of the problems some people have had with the Ornela glass and compatibility, I've never tried mixing it with anything else so I can't say how it does there. It makes very pretty blown stuff like vessels. Or hollow beads.

Laura

Facebook -

Old 2011-12-07, 2:21pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I had been running this on my Mac for a year now - using Parallels and Microsoft Office for Windows. I was one of the original testers...

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=61

I say "had" because Parallels crapped out on me a couple of months ago and I can't seem to fix it. I've since moved the Stashmaster to a PC.

--
--
--

Old 2011-12-07, 2:32pm
Unmedicated since '62

ah yes, i knew sombody else had done it - yay for my testers

Old 2011-12-07, 4:55pm
Fried Cat

How difficult is it to set up Parallels?
Old 2011-12-07, 5:04pm
Unmedicated since '62

as far as i know its just a program you buy - pm one of the people using it and see if they can give you some pointers

Old 2011-12-14, 4:34am

Default I could use some help

How do you edit records once they are created? I didn't put order labels and I can't edit. I would like to print 1 label per color (address size) and can't seem to understand how to do it.
Old 2011-12-14, 2:18pm
Unmedicated since '62

editing is easy

click on "add to or change my stash"
select the manufacturer and then the colour
you can edit everything except the code and the colour english field
if you want labels just go down to the bottom and tick that box then put 1 (or any number of labels) in the "i need labels" field

in order to make it so that you can print any size labels you want and to make it more flexible, the way you print is via MS Word - you can print directly from Access but the problem is that in the runtime version you cant alter the label size or make any changes so in order fro me to allow any size label I had to do it a different way

so save the record and exit to the main screen
click on the "print labels" tab and then on "export to excel" follow the prompts to create your label list - you use this list later as a data source for Word mail merge

word has a function to print labels from a database, you have to set it up first but you only need to do that once - rather than me explain it all here, this is the link to how you print labels from a database in word

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294684

when it asks you to select a data source for your labels you just choose the exported excel spreadsheet that you have just created and print your labels

it might sound a bit confusing and convaluted but its actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it

ETA - make sure when you're done that you go back into StashMaster, select the print labels tab and click on "clear label print list" that resets the "i need labels" field back to 0

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-12-14 at 2:21pm.
Old 2012-01-03, 4:07pm

Deb, I am just starting the first staggering steps in getting to know your stashmaster - it is so AWESOME!
Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us....
Actually, I had my son try to set up a similar database for me, not for my glass stash, but for my sample beads - would that be an idea you could use to add to the stashmaster?
The idea is I take pictures of sample beads (or twisties, or my own blended colour rods.etc.), then I add notes like a reference number, which glass I used, which technique, which flame etc.etc. So I later can make a search for instance for all florals, or whatever...all my actual samples are labelled and kept in a box. Perhaps that might be useful for others?
Old 2012-01-03, 4:15pm
Unmedicated since '62

i'm adding that feature to the version that will be for sale, you'll be able to link it to the glass list so you can put up a picture of a twistie for instance and note which glass colours you used in it, you'll be able to search beads by as many categories as you like and beads will be able to have multiple categories, you'll be able to track where they're listed, when they sold and for how much, techniques, problems and experiements

Old 2012-01-03, 7:55pm

Problem...when I first downloaded the program it worked fine. I recently bought an upgrade for Office 2010 that doesn't have Access and loaded it on the computer. I decided to do my glass inventory at the end of the year and the SM isn't working correctly. It won't let me add quantities, it asks for UOM before allowing me to open the form to add/change glass, and when I followed the info for deleting duplicate entries it goes through a dialogue series that finally ends in a "run error-program will close". Any idea what happened?

Inspired by Nature, Captured in Glass
Etsy store-not open at this time
Old 2012-01-03, 7:59pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallie View Post
Problem...when I first downloaded the program it worked fine. I recently bought an upgrade for Office 2010 that doesn't have Access and loaded it on the computer. I decided to do my glass inventory at the end of the year and the SM isn't working correctly. It won't let me add quantities, it asks for UOM before allowing me to open the form to add/change glass, and when I followed the info for deleting duplicate entries it goes through a dialogue series that finally ends in a "run error-program will close". Any idea what happened?
mm...something bad by the sound of it!!

are you running it on the runtime version or a full version?