Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-12-18, 7:15pm

Default Pasadena Bead and Design Show

Anybody know anything about this show. Just received an email about it, but I have never heard of it. Has anybody done it, or have any positive/negative comments?

Thanks much!

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-18, 7:41pm
Flame Dame

Hey Eric,
I've never heard about this show and I also got the email. I'd be suspicious, but that's just me!

Leah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-12-18, 7:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
Hey Eric,
I've never heard about this show and I also got the email. I'd be suspicious, but that's just me!

Leah
There used to be one out there back in the 80s but I don't know if it is the same thing.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-12-18, 8:08pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

My understanding is, it's the same people that run the To Bead True Blue show in Tucson. There are some issues there.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!
Old 2008-12-18, 8:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
My understanding is, it's the same people that run the To Bead True Blue show in Tucson. There are some issues there.
Ouch, if it is the same people then I will definitely pass.

Old 2008-12-18, 8:20pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Ouch, if it is the same people then I will definitely pass.
Same here.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!
Old 2008-12-18, 8:52pm
Hello?

I get that email at least once a month. I always delete it promptly

~Joe~

Old 2008-12-19, 12:43am
a pox upon an idiot :..

I got the email also and have no idea where they would have gotten my info. I'm on the East Coast and only do jewelry shows.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:45am
Martyrs don't bitch.

I guess I'm in good company, I've gotten the e-mail a few times and it does seem odd.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-12-19, 8:26am
Spoiled

I get an email from them all the time too and they are the same people who do the Tucson To Bead True Blue show, who I also get emails for.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-12-19, 8:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
I get an email from them all the time too and they are the same people who do the Tucson To Bead True Blue show, who I also get emails for.
I just wonder where they got my email address. I hate it when people sell email lists....

Old 2008-12-19, 11:32am
Heart Of Glass Beads

Yeah... I recommend staying FAR away from her... I did To Bead True Blue once. Never again.

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2008-12-19, 11:37am

Gee, I thought I was special since they wrote me too.... lol

I also wonder how they found me!

The blogs of your fellow LE'ers are here...

And lookie, it's all about me... ***
Old 2008-12-19, 12:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolimasa View Post
Gee, I thought I was special since they wrote me too.... lol

I also wonder how they found me!
LOL! me too! So much for being "special"

Old 2008-12-19, 1:12pm

I got the e-mail too. Not that I had any plans of going, but for future reference - what kind of issues are we talking about? Just curious.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-19, 1:29pm
Type ZZZ personality

Do a search for To Bead True Blue and you'll find lots of discussions.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-12-19, 1:38pm
Cats & Glass!

I got it too. You always know it's from the To Bead True Blue people when it has a "quaint" old timey picture along with it. Their stuff actually kind of looks classy - it's too bad they got such a bad rap right out the door. Even if they are good now, it'll take a bit of repuational repairage before I'll do a show with them.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-12-19, 8:24pm
I'm not Barbie.

I've got many invites from them too. Even though they supposedly have a bad rep, they seem to fill up their shows........
Old 2008-12-19, 8:27pm

I think when we are all getting these unsolicited & from the same source repeatedly, it just qualifies as spam.
Count me out.
Old 2008-12-19, 9:17pm
Cats & Glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebeadz* View Post
I've got many invites from them too. Even though they supposedly have a bad rep, they seem to fill up their shows........
I'm not so sure (I just got my second - duplicate - email from them today). That show is less than a month away and the reason they're still soliciting vendors is because they've "...held back a few exhibit spaces for artisans with innovative products and designs. You have been selected to consider taking one of them."

Hmmm...doesn't smell right.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-12-19, 9:25pm
Now in living color

Yeah, how'd they get my email?

Old 2008-12-19, 9:35pm
Critter Mom

Janelle the email they sent me said exactly the same thing...and yes, for a few minutes there I thought I was special. Bummer !!!

Old 2008-12-19, 11:18pm
Ghost Town Glass

Yeah, I got one too, to my address that is only listed on my website. I don't feel special now

Old 2009-01-06, 3:51pm

I have a friend who does her show every year, both Tucson and Pasedena, and she's never said anything bad. I did TBTB once, when it was still at the Manning House. I tried a search for To Bead True Blue and didn't get much. I had to take out the "To" because the search engine kicked it back out.