Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

View Poll Results: If I bought a tutorial and then later see that it is being offered for a lower price
I'm extremely pissed off and won't buy from that seller again 34 7.10%
I don't think it's cool, but whatever 148 30.90%
I couldn't care less; doesn't affect me one way or the other 209 43.63%
It's great... now I can buy more of them and give as gifts 88 18.37%
Voters: 479. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-30, 2:59pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

The reason I answered "I don't think it's cool, but whatever" is 'cause money is really tight, and if I "need" a tutorial or a set of sheets at a particular moment, I will have to buy them. If/when the price goes down (especially if it's just a few days later), I will kick myself for not waiting. I think the reason I'm upset, mainly, is because I didn't KNOW that a sale was imminent, or even an possibility.

For example, if I see some glass I want at Frantz, I've learned from experience that if I can wait a few weeks that glass will most likely go on sale for a huge discount so if I'm willing or able to wait then I feel Frantz has provided me extra customer service by being reliable in how frequently they do great sales. Same with buying sheets at Kmart. I know Kmart has frequent sales, so I will wait. In both cases, if what I'm looking for is needed ASAP (like I just ran out of clear or I need new sheets for a new-sized mattress), then I have to bite the bullet, knowing the item might go on sale eventually. In that case I'm bummed about the situation, and not about the seller.

I have noticed some people are willing to ask the seller if the item will go on sale soon, and that might be the solution to my problem.

But, I really like Frantz. I have come to rely on their sales, to rely on the opportunity to buy at a discount if I can wait, and if I can't wait then it's my problem, not theirs.

Just my 2p.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191
Old 2012-02-13, 10:41am
Resident hippie

Lyssa - if you 'need' a Kim Neely tutorial or her archive they're on sale for now at 50% off.
I'm happy to have them even if I paid the full whack.

Good luck to anyone who gets a good deal I say! It sometimes happens for me too. . .

ETA - she doesn't say when the sale ends. . .

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Last edited by Beadanna; 2012-02-13 at 10:53am.
Old 2012-06-10, 7:53am

it is your product do as you wish. some of us will be lucky enough to buy it on sale and others will not it is called life.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:41pm

It wouldnt affect me much if it passed some time since I bought it, if it were like the next day, 50% off I would be like homer simpson I guess "d'oh" eheh

I just did a tutorial myself and I agree with Amy Kinsch, I believe I wont be putting it on sale ever...

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-10-17, 1:14pm

Love this thread. I've got 3 tutorials for sale now and looking around, I'm starting to think I priced my tutorials too cheap. I guess I can go up in the future. What does everyone think?

|
|

|
|
|
NEW Hydrangea Tutorial!!
Old 2013-02-09, 12:45am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy evins View Post
Love this thread. I've got 3 tutorials for sale now and looking around, I'm starting to think I priced my tutorials too cheap. I guess I can go up in the future. What does everyone think?
Having written a ton of tutorials myself (for computers, not for lampworking) I personally can't believe how high lampworkers price their tutorials. But I only tell you this 'cause you asked what we think. I hope no one flames me for honestly answering your question, please.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-03, 11:33am

I guess it would depend. If i buy something at Target and it goes on sale within 3 days or a week, and it's worth the hassle of me going back, they usually will credit you the difference. But like i said it has to be worth it.

Example, we bought a big screen TV and less then a week later it went on sale for $500 less...Back to Best Buy I went and they credited the $500 back to us.

I bought Mary Lockwoods turtle tutorial, because I am doing the help the turtles of Cozumel. The day or so after I bought it, she was giving it away for people to use to make turtles for my cause. It was a bummer but hey to me..regardless $30 well spent

Each person has to do what they think is right for themselves. I would never expect any kind of refund for something that I bought 3 months ago and then it went on sale.

Just my opinion

Becky
Old 2013-03-03, 11:35am

Patsy,

Pricing things based on others doesn't mean yours are too cheap. Something is only worth the money someone is willing to pay for it. Look at it this way..if you need gas..and you have two gas stations side by side, and one is $3.45 a gallon and one is $3.25 a gallon..where are you going to pump your gas from??

Just my thoughts
Becky
Old 2013-03-19, 9:43am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyNoe View Post

I bought Mary Lockwoods turtle tutorial, because I am doing the help the turtles of Cozumel. The day or so after I bought it, she was giving it away for people to use to make turtles for my cause. It was a bummer but hey to me..regardless $30 well spent

Becky
Sorry, Becky!

The tutorial is only $10 though, did you get charged $30??

Old 2013-03-19, 10:25am

Mary.. i will look..maybe it is the dragón on..regardless Money well speñt as they are wonderful and several are on my list
Old 2013-03-19, 10:30am

Sorry bout the strange text..apparently my husband thought it would be fun to change the language on my phone to Spanish
Old 2013-03-19, 10:45am
Mary Lockwood

LOL, I do that to my husband because he has no idea how to change it back. I'm a prankster at heart. If I call his cell and he doesn't answer, the next time I can get my hands on his phone I change his screen picture to a toilet and his language to spanish and his ringtone to the girliest thing on there. He has to give it to his secretary to fix. LOL

Old 2013-05-22, 2:52pm

Don't we ALL love a bargain !!!!

Last edited by LaLaLajolla; 2013-05-22 at 2:55pm. Reason: ll
Old 2013-05-29, 8:50am

As a seller (not of tutorials though) I understand that prices have to be adjusted. As a buyer, I k ow that sometimes I get a great deal and that evens out the times when I buy something and later see it cheaper.

~Susan~
Old 2014-11-17, 10:27am

Default Always like a sale

Like Melanie, I wouldn't mind at all unless I bought it the day before. Hopefully a different one would be on sale and I could snag a deal on that one!
Old 2017-08-18, 12:30pm

Why not. Your goods your decision
Old 2020-06-03, 9:36pm

Things like this happen all the time in real life. There's nothing we can do about it. Prices fluctuate and if we make a purchase at a low price point, we are lucky. If not, the sellers are lucky. I am cool with it!
Hey guys! I am a sucker for art and fashion. I am a postgraduate and my latest research is about why do some young people go for the so-called 1:1 replica handbags instead of the real deal. Recently, I read
and found some interesting views. Do you have any ideas concerning the subject?
Old 2022-03-20, 5:44am

I just purchased the storming tutorial, ordered glass……and can’t wait to try out the techniques in your tutorial! Thank you! $19 is a minimal charge for all the wonderful information and pictures! So much work must have gone into making your produce!!
Sandy