No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-07, 12:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
Still watching. . . But David has the right idea to enjoy the story.
Old 2012-11-07, 1:30pm

I wan some pop corn too....

Khan
Old 2012-11-07, 2:55pm
honorary bead lady

Here Khan...

Old 2012-11-07, 3:25pm

I think it's still intermission. Nobody is interested in moving the storyline along.
Old 2012-11-07, 6:38pm

One would think that Joni would like to give us at least a clue...

I havnt seen a clue even....

Khan
CHOMP..CHOMP..CHOMP..
Old 2012-11-07, 7:31pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I'm unsubscribing. I can't stand it.
No disrespect, I just don't know what to make of not only the issue, but the responses, either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA# P107
Old 2012-11-07, 7:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
I'm unsubscribing. I can't stand it.
No disrespect, I just don't know what to make of not only the issue, but the responses, either.
ditto

Old 2012-11-08, 11:09am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
Kalera, There was a link posted to wet canvas earlier in the thread, but I didn't really see anything earth shattering there.
I don't think that could be it, as earlier in this thread Joni said it's not a towel clamp and it's not needle-nose pliers, but something new.

Old 2012-11-08, 11:12am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonibird View Post
Thank you Amy, Khan no worries, Amy was correct.
Why won't you share the name of the forum? I don't want a link to the thread. The secrecy is really starting to seem wrong and is definitely changing my feelings about the whole thing.

Old 2012-11-08, 8:12pm
It's about having fun!

Kalera,
I had alot of people mad when I said I would "out" the tool before anyone else did, very mad, so I guess I shouln't say anything. So leading People to the thread would be the same thing. I'm not adding to the drama and making another forum look bad. I've tried to explain myself to no avail to some persons. I did not intend to start drama, I was upset. I should not have said a thing. Nothing I can do about it now... I'm sorry.
Thank you, Joni
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-11-09, 6:44am
Who me?

Joni, I have your tutorial and it is genious. I commend you on your creativity.

I feel for you in this situation. This is a cut throat business. We are also creative artists who try to figure things out on our own. I can't believe the unsavory someone who would try to out your technique on another forum. Poor sport!

It would have been one thing for them to have figured it out on their own and kept it to themselves, but it's quite another to toot it to the world. Rather like someone buying a tutorial and them explaining on a forum, the glass and tricks used. Piffle.

You have done nothing wrong. Keep your chin up. Keep coming up with ideas because you have it within your spirit to do so. Share them if you wish, but understand that there are now, more than ever before, folks who do not play fair.

Peace and Blessing,

Linda

PS - I was curious...went and looked, think I found the culpret...not unexpected.....

Last edited by swamper; 2012-11-09 at 6:46am.
Old 2012-11-09, 11:13am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonibird View Post
Kalera,
I had alot of people mad when I said I would "out" the tool before anyone else did, very mad, so I guess I shouln't say anything. So leading People to the thread would be the same thing. I'm not adding to the drama and making another forum look bad. I've tried to explain myself to no avail to some persons. I did not intend to start drama, I was upset. I should not have said a thing. Nothing I can do about it now... I'm sorry.
Thank you, Joni
Thank you for the explanation, that makes me feel better about it than just a lack of response.

Old 2012-11-09, 11:50am

It seems that many of us are wondering about this because we love to read theforums and we dont like the idea there is one or more we dont know about. So, would it be cool for everybody to list the forums they know about so we could be up to date? Not Joni of course cause she might be giving something away but the rest could post a short list of the forums that are worth going to.
Or no? Just my idea
Khan
Old 2012-11-09, 12:32pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
It seems that many of us are wondering about this because we love to read theforums and we dont like the idea there is one or more we dont know about. So, would it be cool for everybody to list the forums they know about so we could be up to date? Not Joni of course cause she might be giving something away but the rest could post a short list of the forums that are worth going to.
Or no? Just my idea
Khan
I think that's a great idea!

The ones I'm familiar with:

www.talkglass.com
www.wetcanvas.com
www.ISGB.org
www.glassline.net
www.frit-happens.co.uk
http://www.glassbeadmakers.net
http://www.beadclub.de/

Old 2012-11-09, 3:00pm
I speak Murrini!

Speaking of Glass Forums, what ever happened to "The Angry Mandrel"? (Or maybe I shouldn't ask? )

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-11-09, 3:40pm
I'm a lilac!

No idea. I parted ways with that place many years ago, and not on good terms.

Old 2012-11-09, 3:48pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I know of another for the glass artists in The Netherlands. You need to use a translator though.

http://overalglas.nl/

Old 2012-11-09, 4:01pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
No idea. I parted ways with that place many years ago, and not on good terms.
Gul! I'd heard it was a bit of a rough-and-tough forum - sort of an "anything goes" kinda place - and so I pretty much steared clear! What can I say? I far prefer a more civilized, modded and helpful approach - right?

Old 2012-11-09, 5:22pm
Biscuit Lover

I guess Torchbugs is gone now.

http://www.glassaficionado.com/forum...splay.php?f=45

http://handmade-glass.com/cgi-bin/board.pl

This one's in French.
http://perles-au-chalumeau.forumactif.com/
Old 2012-11-09, 5:38pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Gul! I'd heard it was a bit of a rough-and-tough forum - sort of an "anything goes" kinda place - and so I pretty much steared clear! What can I say? I far prefer a more civilized, modded and helpful approach - right?
Yeah. There were some really good people there and it started out with a really nice tight-knit community, but developed a kind of a vortex of cultlike badness and some crazy game-playing that sucked people in and fed vicious behavior, and by the end of my time there I was ashamed to have ever participated in it.

Old 2012-11-09, 5:39pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen milligan View Post
That is too bad, I really liked Torchbugs.

Old 2012-11-09, 5:51pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Yeah. There were some really good people there and it started out with a really nice tight-knit community, but developed a kind of a vortex of cultlike badness and some crazy game-playing that sucked people in and fed vicious behavior, and by the end of my time there I was ashamed to have ever participated in it.
Ditto

Old 2012-11-09, 6:00pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Hmmmmm sounds kinda similar to another forum
Old 2012-11-09, 6:23pm
I speak Murrini!

Old 2012-11-09, 8:05pm

I didnt know about most of those so i learned alot..
i could only add The Melting Pot..
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/forum.php
its mostly a pipers forum but not totally.

Khan
Old 2012-11-09, 9:28pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
Hmmmmm sounds kinda similar to another forum
OK, I am going to say that I think I must have missed something.

Old 2012-11-09, 9:29pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Ditto
Yep... you are one of the good people I'm glad I got to know better there. There are quite a few.

Old 2012-11-09, 10:03pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beader55 View Post
I'll make one for you, De...I have the tut. and all the items required.
If you would just PM your address, I'll consider it a "not-so-secret Santa" gift. LMK, Julie
Guess what? I got my wonderful and thoughtful NSSS Giftie Punch Tool () from Julie, and it looks awesome! Thank you so very much Julie and I can hardly wait to try it out! I will let you guys know how it behaves for me...I'm so excited! I can't wait until it's Saturday so I can play!

Yippee!

Old 2012-11-09, 10:06pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Yep... you are one of the good people I'm glad I got to know better there. There are quite a few.
I feel the same about you too. At least something good came out of that place.

Old 2012-11-09, 10:13pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I think I'm gonna puke.

Love you both.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.

Tags
hole in glass, tool