Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-29, 11:43am
honorary bead lady

Well I have seen posts about holes in glass and they all talk about making tools like those that are currently available for sale by many vendors so nothing "new"
Old 2012-10-29, 1:10pm
Artistically Absorbed

I just stumbled in here and am lost as to what's happening. If it involves a dremel anyways, why not use a diamond tip bit and do it when the glass is cool?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA Artist A64

Old 2012-10-29, 7:47pm

Echo - After making my own little tool to do this I can say that it's MUCH easier to make the hole in molten glass. Love it!!

I can't say anything regarding Joni's tool as I haven't seen it.

"Whether you believe that you can or believe that you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford
Old 2012-10-29, 8:10pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiP View Post
Echo - After making my own little tool to do this I can say that it's MUCH easier to make the hole in molten glass. Love it!!

I can't say anything regarding Joni's tool as I haven't seen it.
Do tell!
Old 2012-10-30, 6:10am

Oh no you don't!! You're not getting me in trouble.

I probably shouldn't have put that out there. I don't want to take away from what Joni is doing. I just wanted to say that she had inspired to look a little harder at the things around me.

"Whether you believe that you can or believe that you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford
Old 2012-10-30, 4:34pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiP View Post
Oh no you don't!! You're not getting me in trouble.

I probably shouldn't have put that out there. I don't want to take away from what Joni is doing. I just wanted to say that she had inspired to look a little harder at the things around me.
I don't want to take away either, but I did post in the bathroom about a reuse for another tool.
Old 2012-10-30, 5:33pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
I see the equation as:

Stagnant sales + bit O' Drama = renewed interest.

Oy!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-10-30, 8:46pm
It's about having fun!

Sorry guys, I'm not one to stir up trouble, I just put my foot in my mouth here it seems.
I had no idea I was creating such an issue... because I really didn't understand I would make people mad if I said anything, really, it wasn't what I was thinking.
I don't have a reputation of being a problem or being involved in much controversy so I'm hoping you'll give me the benefit of the doubt here. Again, I'm just laying low now because I'm not going to be able to say anything that would please everyone. Thank you for everyones input. I hope everyone has a nice Halloween!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-10-30, 9:16pm
No Longer an LE Member

Well if this hasn't been a train wreck from day one lol!
Old 2012-10-30, 9:23pm
I speak Murrini!

Joni...

Don't fret too much, ok? I'm standing by you! I understand we all have a right to speak our minds...you're a member of this community here, and since we share together as a community, I truly believe you were just sharing a concern of yours about someone possibly giving up your information and you were hurting from that...and sharing your hurt and disappointment with us. That's all. I didn't think you were spewing "drama" just to stir up sales. Please understand that those of us who have been around here for a while have seen some pretty funky attempts to gain mercy, free goodies, etc. (and many of us fell for it - pretty HARD, I might add! Anyone remember "Fanny"? ) so please find forgiveness for those who may be a little suspect, ok?

I'm not gonna hammer on Role for posting her perspective - she's entitled to it as well. But you're right...you can't please everyone! All you CAN do is stay true and strong...

Hugs to you.
De

Old 2012-10-30, 9:24pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohicu812 View Post
Well if this hasn't been a train wreck from day one lol!
Ah, we meet again! Pfffttt!

Old 2012-10-30, 10:06pm
Cave Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Joni...

Don't fret too much, ok? I'm standing by you! I understand we all have a right to speak our minds...you're a member of this community here, and since we share together as a community, I truly believe you were just sharing a concern of yours about someone possibly giving up your information and you were hurting from that...and sharing your hurt and disappointment with us. That's all. I didn't think you were spewing "drama" just to stir up sales. Please understand that those of us who have been around here for a while have seen some pretty funky attempts to gain mercy, free goodies, etc. (and many of us fell for it - pretty HARD, I might add! Anyone remember "Fanny"? ) so please find forgiveness for those who may be a little suspect, ok?

I'm not gonna hammer on Role for posting her perspective - she's entitled to it as well. But you're right...you can't please everyone! All you CAN do is stay true and strong...

Hugs to you.
De
Still no indication of this mystery "forum"...

I'll stick with my previous estimation of this thread until something comes
to bear that changes it.

Rose colored glasses work well for many in this day and age,
unfortunately I have never been able to find a pair that fits..

Just FYI, I'm an old man.

Old 2012-10-30, 10:26pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
...Just FYI, I'm an old man.
Oops, sorry Role, for calling you a "she"! My sincere apologies!

And for the record, I'm an old woman - at least my kids think so!

Old 2012-10-31, 4:54am
ALWAYS SMILES

Wow.....this thread is a perfect example of why I don't turn the tv on during the day....I get mesmerized.....spend a bunch of time......and still end up with nothing

ROLE....if this WAS a marketing scheme (I really doubt it) it was freakin' brilliant! I just found myself perusing the Etsy site debating buying a tutorial that I don't even need......ha !
Old 2012-11-01, 9:46am
I'm a lilac!

I still want to know what the other forum is. I'm sure the user in question has changed their avatar back by now and it's not like sharing the forum link is going to spill the beans, so I don't understand why you're keeping it secret.

Old 2012-11-01, 4:01pm

Kalera, There was a link posted to wet canvas earlier in the thread, but I didn't really see anything earth shattering there.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:24am

I find it VERY VERY strange that the mystery forum is being kept such a secret. There must be some reason why Jonibird wont say where all this flaming and such took place ... its just incredable that out of all the ppl who come to this forum NObody has seen this mystery forum or heard anything about this except for Jonibird... shes the only one with a connection to the place that we have ask repeatedly about.
Just my opinion but i think its a fantasy. I cant bring myself to believe it even exist.
Ive never seen anybody better at beating around the bush than ive seen here.
Khan
Old 2012-11-03, 1:11pm
It's about having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I don't think she's talking about the post from that thread, because bending needle-nose pliers to make a punch has been around forever, and I am pretty sure somewhere way back in this thread she said that wasn't it. I am completely clueless about it what it is or what's happening. I just come to this thread hoping for bead pics.

Okay!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-11-03, 8:46pm
I speak Murrini!

Nice Joni! *LOVE* them

Old 2012-11-04, 7:54am
It's about having fun!

Thank you De, these were alot of fun!
And thank you for your kindness, I appreciate it.
Joni
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-11-04, 11:13am

Well i have to admit it... that is a very harsh flame... i would lay low too if somebody said something like that.

hahahahahahahahahaha
just kidding
Khan
Old 2012-11-04, 11:33am
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonibird View Post
Thank you De, these were alot of fun!
And thank you for your kindness, I appreciate it.
Joni
Just curious as to why the "other forum" can't be told? What is the harm in telling people where the secret of your tool was being discussed. It really makes me wonder if it really ever happened and there was a different motive involved by you.

Old 2012-11-04, 12:12pm
honorary bead lady

Old 2012-11-04, 12:31pm

so is there a tool that makes holes in this thread? lol

Old 2012-11-04, 2:15pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
David, you funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys4life View Post
so is there a tool that makes holes in this thread? lol
And yes, keys, I think there are enough holes in this thread for it to qualify as a fishing net! If you're looking for the tutorial on how to make the tool that makes holes in beads, though, I believe it's still available in Joni's Etsy Page - the link is below her signature! And please forgive me for playing with 'ya - I just couldn't resist!

Old 2012-11-04, 6:03pm

Hilarious, David!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post

I'm having so much fun melting glass that I have actually started wearing jewelry!

Old 2012-11-05, 10:09am

Joni.... i cant get this out of my mind. You posted that quote from Kalera as if that was what you were talking about being the forum post about your tool. That post refers to what i said about using a pair of needle nose pliers and just bending them towards each but that cant be what your tool is cause thats been around for a long long time but when you posted that quote it made me feel like i had done something wrong by saying that. I have never bought your tutorial because ive never had any probs making holes but you seemed to be saying that i bought it and then i exposed the secret tool when i said about the plyers. I just dont understand but i honest didnt mean to expose anybodies anything when i said that. I just want to know if i did something that you thought was wrong for me to say cause thats what her quote refers to... my post.
Thanks Joni.

Khan
Old 2012-11-05, 10:15am
Storm Queen

Khan, I think she quoted Kalera's comment for the bead pics request part, not the rest of it.

Old 2012-11-05, 8:07pm

Ohh ok,,,
Now i understand... That does make me feel better...

Khan
Old 2012-11-06, 4:21pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you Amy, Khan no worries, Amy was correct.
Thank you! Joni

Tags
hole in glass, tool