Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-04-22, 3:56pm
kinda torching....

Default Best boro tutorials to buy?

What are the best boro tuts out there for the money?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-04-22, 5:55pm
Now part of the Dark Side

If still available Brent Grabbers Boro hearts I and II. Ron Bearers stuff is good too.
Old 2015-04-23, 7:25am
kinda torching....

Yea I'm def interested in Ron bearers stuff and I'm not sure about Brent grabber tho, is there much in there for the price? $60 seems way steep for a simple heart pendant?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-04-24, 4:55am

it's not so much the heart shape you're paying for. it's the info contained in that tutorial that shows how to keep amber purple colors nice and colorful under encasement.
it's worth it's weight in gold.
Old 2015-04-24, 9:20am

Where can I find this tutorial. If i google on his name, I only find YouTube video's, but no link to a tutorial.
Greetings Anja

Old 2015-04-24, 9:45am

http://www.abrimagery.com/store/prod...graber-p-63074

or

http://www.artcoinc.com/brent_graber-dvd.php
Old 2015-04-24, 1:35pm
Alaska Boro

What do you want to make? Then folks can zero in on specifics. i.e. there are some excellent marble tutorials but if you are not into making marbles then a suggested tutorial for that task would be moot.
Old 2015-04-24, 5:40pm

This will not help at all for someone wanting to BUY a tutorial. But I have maybe fifty or more FREE videos on my YouTube channel. Lewiscwilson. Go to the beginning There are some that are very advanced and run about an hour. Some showing the final moves on very large limited edition indian dacers. A few 3-4 minute videos of Barb doing her flowers, even a great hibiscus.
Also maybe ten times a week I post pics (15-29) of a real time sculpture I a working on and taking pics as it is being made. Indian dancers, fantasy, all kinds of things. Just g to my facebook feed and start looking back. been doing this for a couple of years.
Hope it helps.
If you are still wanting to buy a tutorial. ABR has my entire library of over fifteen titles on working soft or hard glass.
Lewis

Last edited by LewisW; 2015-04-24 at 5:43pm.
Old 2015-04-25, 12:37am
He can do the origami

Take advantage of Lewis Wilson's free videos. Be mindful that what he is teaching can be applied to a wide range of work and not just one specific project. He is a master at what he does and teaches with a wealth of knowledge and experience most of us will never achieve.

As far as Brent Graber's videos, in each video he teaches several different pendants and several approaches. He includes a tremendous amount of information in his videos, especially the first one. I guarentee you will learn far more than making a heart pendant. I have been a teacher's assistant for Brent in several of his classes. I have great respect for his teaching style and ability. He packs more information in then you will be able to ingest in one or two viewings of his videos. They are worth far more than what you will pay.

Otter
Old 2015-04-27, 1:53am

Mr Smiley aka Brent Graber.. fantastic and far more information than you bargained for

Old 2015-04-27, 4:52pm
Artist

Cool Lewis's Videos!

Lewis's videos are great! I highly recommend them! Plus their FREE!