Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-08-08, 2:26pm

Default August BOC Frit Challenge Drawing Contestants and Prize

Hot, hot hot out there folks! I know that alot of you (myself included) are almost too hot to torch, but these kiddos are soooo worth the sweat!!!

August brings us the following....

1oz Nuance
1oz Loetz Grey/Gold
1oz Magic Gold Iris
0.5oz Z99 Purple Rose Special

Drawing Contestants (so far):
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-09, 4:13pm

I am so psyched to get my frit!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What can be better than being able to play & help out kids at the same time! Thank you Leslie!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-09, 5:43pm

It's my pleasure!!! This should be something fun!!

Here is an updated list:

Drawing Contestants (so far):
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-09, 8:18pm
Favorite color is shiny

wooo to the hooo!!!!!

*** you're righ, it's hot as hades here in Texas

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-08-11, 3:58pm

Got mine already!

Feeling kind of blah today, but hopefully I will crank up the torch tomorrow!

Old 2010-08-13, 12:44pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Leslie thank you so much for the fast shipping and WOW, these frits look amazing!
I've already set my alarm for 4AM tomorrow morning so I can go out and torch before it gets beastly, lol. I'll have BOC beads coming back to you ASAP.

Oh, I love the copper cutouts too, really cool!

Old 2010-08-13, 12:51pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I am having too much fun, too!! Did you know that every frit I have tried looks just grand on Opal Yellow??
Forty more coming to ya, Leslie....
Pat
Old 2010-08-13, 6:50pm
Angel's Mom

Got mine too, and just got done popping them into the kiln. Yeah! What a fabulous cause and a generous offer, Leslie! Mine aren't the best, but they are made with love.
Old 2010-08-18, 3:58pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Got mine too, and just got done popping them into the kiln. Yeah! What a fabulous cause and a generous offer, Leslie! Mine aren't the best, but they are made with love.
Ditto
Having lots of fun though! I think I have 9 more out in the kiln (I'm slow) today and hope to work on more tomorrow if this cooler weather holds. It was actually cloudy here today! So strange to sit and lampwork in the garage in the afternoon, I've almost become a vampire lampworker because of the heat.

Old 2010-08-19, 6:10pm

I am playing when I torch, but I've only gotten to 2 colors so far...but they are so beautiful! I'm hoping next week I can sit and play some more with the rest!

Leslie, when did you need the beads by? Also, did you want our "notes" on how we made the beads? (mine are all real simple, so it would be easy!
)

Old 2010-08-21, 5:49am

Notes would be great if possible, but not absolutely neccessary - if you forget or are not a note person no problem, at least we have beads & examples of what they look like!

I send out beads as soon as my little boxes get full enough, so please don't feel pressure to meed any sort of deadline. I'll keep this challenge going as long as there are people interested in doing it and as long as the kiddos need the beads. If you miss one box, there will always be another going out after it!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-21, 3:19pm

A new updated list.....

Drawing Contestants:
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris
8. Jerry Spangler

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-25, 6:36pm

A new updated list.....

Drawing Contestants:
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris
8. Jerry Spangler
9. Jennifer Thakurwani
10. Pia Kaven

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-25, 10:41pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I'm whininggggg, Leslie....where is my name? What did I win??? LOL
loveya, pat
Old 2010-08-26, 3:55am

Ah, my Dear, your name was on last month's list! Your name goes on the list for the drawing for the month that you order, but it goes on EACH TIME that you order during that month

Beads are starting to come in! Pat, I got some from you and the kiddos will LOVE them!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-26, 5:05am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Well, put me down for some more by Friday...I have done them all and should be able to clean them tonight and send tomorrow. I will get to ordering then!! And I will answer your PM later today...thanks so much, Leslie...
Pat
Old 2010-08-30, 7:51am

I only have Green Luster left to test
All of the other colors have been simply gorgeous so far!!

Just wanted to remind peeps that we can't have exposed silver glass that can touch the skin (found that out in the official thread). But it's good practice for my encasing!