Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-07-04, 5:19am

Default Premix on Midrange: Just not that much heat

Hi All,

I've set up my mid range with premix top. I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the premix - it's just not that hot. I was hoping to melt boro much quicker than my minor but it's not happening with the premix top. Maybe it's because I use generator oxy instead of the bottled? Although everyone says not to melt soda lime on a premix - I think I could with this one.

I like the flame of the midrange - it's bigger/bushier and lots of ambient heat which is what I wanted.

So, happy with the midrange but not so happy with the premix.

Thoughts?
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-04, 9:15am

Which tip do you have on the premix?

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2008-07-04, 10:17am

I received 2 tips with the torch - one is just a small single port opening; the second has several ports. I'm using the single port.

Cindy

Old 2008-07-04, 10:30am
In search of her path....

switch to the multi port one it should be hotter but also running it on a concentrator does make a difference to it just wont get as hot as it could with tanked.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-07-04, 10:46am

I'll switch it and see it works. Yesterday I didn't try the midrange for the boro - just assumed the premix would be better but did the boro on the midrange this morning and it was perfect!

Bottled oxy gives that extra kick to a torch - I can crank the minor on a bottle but not so much with the generator. Generator is good, much better than concentrators but doesn't kick butt like bottles!

Cindy