Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-23, 2:20pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Fab work - the cover looks super, Chad - when is it gonna be ready?!?!?! <tap, tap...>
By the end of the year. Hoping for late October/early November, but I'm not sure about that yet...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-23, 3:31pm
Serenity Now!

Ooohhh...that'd be perfect - I can think of a couple of people for whom it would be the perfect gift...let alone I wanna snag my own copy too...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-09-23, 6:57pm
Bliss Junkie

big guy... stands about 1 3/4" tall, 4" side to side, and 5" reach front to back

and a marble.. largest so far at just over 1.5"

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-09-23, 7:52pm
Dead man walking

Nice Shawn!
Old 2008-09-23, 9:28pm
yukue fumei

awesome!!!!!!!!!

nagi

Old 2008-09-23, 9:41pm

Hey Chad, will the book include how you do those fabulous shark teeth vortexes (center row of marbles)?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you do those, especially the way you get the silvers to do that shiny thing at the tips, and I simply can't get it right. If you did a tutorial on just that, I'd buy it immediately.

Awsome Octopus Earl!!!

Sooo many incredible things, it's hard to keep up with this thread! If I didn't compliment you on your great stuff, it's not because I'm not amazed at your talent, but because I would feel like an idiot commenting on every single pix because they are all so talented!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Last edited by Hels; 2008-09-23 at 9:43pm.
Old 2008-09-24, 5:25am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hels View Post
Hey Chad, will the book include how you do those fabulous shark teeth vortexes (center row of marbles)?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you do those, especially the way you get the silvers to do that shiny thing at the tips, and I simply can't get it right. If you did a tutorial on just that, I'd buy it immediately.

Awsome Octopus Earl!!!

Sooo many incredible things, it's hard to keep up with this thread! If I didn't compliment you on your great stuff, it's not because I'm not amazed at your talent, but because I would feel like an idiot commenting on every single pix because they are all so talented!
I haven't decided yet. Those are done on a tube, not a solid rod. The book will start off with basics and go to more advanced techniques. The tube techniques may be more advanced than the book will cover. Of course, that may be a subject for a second book...

Old 2008-09-25, 5:36am
glass-a-delic

Cool stuff!
Here's some of my recent work:

Old 2008-09-25, 5:38am
ManBearPig

I dig those flowers. What white did you use? Looks like it stayed nice and solid and didn't bubble much at all...

Old 2008-09-25, 5:50am
glass-a-delic

Thanks Chad! I used Star White, but i've mixed it a little before using it..

Old 2008-09-25, 6:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
Wow, Heidi. I am impressed you got the Exotic Citrus Grapefruit to do that. Did you strike in the kiln?

Sandy
It was pretty much the colors you see when it went into the kiln. Thanks!

Old 2008-09-25, 6:55am

Wow, Chad! I love all the marbles and the inside out beads......super incredible!!! Looking forward to the release of your video (oops, or is it a book?)!

Old 2008-09-25, 7:12am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcoles View Post
Wow, Chad! I love all the marbles and the inside out beads......super incredible!!! Looking forward to the release of your video (oops, or is it a book?)!
Book, for now...

Old 2008-09-25, 11:04am
No Problem!

Nice lot there Chad. That first one (the paperweight I assume) looks like it could be a prestigious award. The boro badass award perhaps?
Great octo and marble Shawn.
Voic, you're really rocking the flower pendants! Well done.
I played around with solid glass for once this week. I've been in my bubble of blown beads and tube techniques for so long that I decided I ought get back to brushing up on some other techs.
I've made piles of solid pendants over the years but somehow never really played much with maria/implosions. Just thought I'd tell you that your flowers are really nice compared to the ones I turned out.
It figures that the pendants that I started with tube turned out pretty cool though.

(Beau & Shani)

Last edited by evolvingBeau; 2008-09-25 at 11:06am.
Old 2008-09-25, 4:31pm
Flame Dame

I'm trying to get my mojo back. Seems Ike took it when he came through

Still, I thought these came out pretty well.
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-09-25, 5:05pm
Ad astra per aspera

This is just twisties cuz I've been on the run too much to fire up the kiln and actually make beads. It's been a fun couple of days housecleaning and using up my shorts, though.
Attached Images

Old 2008-09-26, 12:35am
glass-a-delic

Thanks Beau, it always feels nice to hear some good reviews about my work. Im still at the begining of my journey.. I have around 200 hours of lampworking. Havent yet tried alot of basic techniques, never made a marble.. I wonder how big can a marble get on a Lynx. I think I'll just go ahead and try that when i reach 300.
Anyway, thanks! and show us what u got!
Cool beads Leah, beautiful colors!

Old 2008-09-26, 6:34am
yukue fumei

Voic-wow! the pendants rock! love how clean that white is. very cool! I need to go back and check out the Star White....

Leah-beautiful beads and great photos too! My fave is the set on the left...yummy! So juicy!

Karen-WOW!! Twistie heaven! You're going to be so ready when you have a chance to torch....All those colors--they are pretty just by themselves....hmmmm....twistie necklace?

nagi

Old 2008-09-26, 11:01am

end of month piece, little dragon head perfume with flame stopper
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-09-26, 11:39am

That dragon/vessel is awesome! He's so stinking cool.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-09-26, 12:06pm
Hummel factory reject

Wow! Great container for anti-venom... Or an X.

Beautiful patterning and eye detail. Thanks for sharing Mate!
lori

Old 2008-09-26, 3:17pm
Normal is Boring!!

Wicked Glass- that is plain wicked- nice job!!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2008-09-26, 6:03pm

HOLY COW! WOW! I wanna do that when I grow up! Wicked that's incredible!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-26, 7:18pm
yukue fumei

WOW!
That is beyond cool!

nagi

Old 2008-09-27, 6:06am
glass-a-delic

oh yeah! wicked aaight!

Here's a kind of lily. I placed a little yellow on the petals and annealed it at 1100 for an hour but still the yellow cant be seen. Do you think that if i reanneal it again it will strike? The Dark orange from the pistils struck allright..

Old 2008-09-27, 6:12am

Wickedly awesome dragon!
Voic, beautiful flower implosion!

Old 2008-09-27, 12:57pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

oh the dragon is awesome!

Old 2008-09-27, 1:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
end of month piece, little dragon head perfume with flame stopper

Maybe I need to take a trip to Australia one of these days. Do you teach? Maybe I could even write it off....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-09-28, 9:03am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Everybody here is such an inspiration. Your work is terrific!!!

I'm so excited, I had to share these with you all. These are my first SUCCESSFUL attempt at DAP (thank you so much Val for all your help!!!). I'm absolutely thrilled to finally get some purples & pinks and not just brown yuck.

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Last edited by rkoza; 2008-09-28 at 12:59pm.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:30pm
Hummel factory reject

Looks good Robin! Burn that haze and encase quickly. That's the ticket