Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-15, 10:17am
boro color bender

Very nice Beau... love the execution of the hummers.

There's some really nice work this month. I've got a few to ad to the mix...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-15, 10:56am
Does it come in Purple???

Wow, absolutely stunning sculpture work in here.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-10-15, 11:15am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
Wow, absolutely stunning sculpture work in here.
YES!!

And Brent your hearts continue to astound me! They look like they are moving and liquid.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-15, 11:59am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
YES!!

And Brent your hearts continue to astound me! They look like they are moving and liquid.
They are and it's really tough to get them to sit still for a picture.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2008-10-15 at 12:04pm.
Old 2008-10-15, 12:19pm
Dead man walking

Nice Brent, the first one looks juicy and love the last one, it looks like it sprouted vines and thorns.
Old 2008-10-16, 11:12am

Mmmmm...so many wonderful creations! I've been away too long.

Brent, awesome hearts! They're always so full of rich color and the shapes are awesome!
Beau, incredible beads...but that goblet is outstanding!!!

Found a knot hole in the woods which inspired me to make this orchid. I really had a lot of fun making it.

Old 2008-10-16, 11:17am
boro color bender

Gorgeous Heidi... so soft and elegant.

Old 2008-10-16, 12:34pm
yukue fumei

WOW--
gorgeous work--
Brent--beautiful hearts as always....the last one is so beautiful....

Heidi--WOW--amazing! I love it--very cool!

nagi

Old 2008-10-16, 1:41pm
Hummel factory reject

Gorgeous Heidi!

Old 2008-10-16, 1:42pm

Heidi, that's beautiful.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-10-16, 1:51pm

Heidi, that's just gorgeous! Great work

Old 2008-10-16, 3:57pm
boro color bender

Thanks JJ and Nagi... I appreciate the kind words.

Old 2008-10-16, 8:31pm
No Problem!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.
Brent I see you're puttin' the smack down on that amber purple as usual. I bet it calls you daddy.
That's such an awesome idea Heidi. It looks very lifelike in that setting. Really an excellent application of mixed media IMO. Shani and I are big Orchid fans, but how could anyone not love them.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-17, 8:13am

Thank you, everyone! I really enjoyed the mixed media aspect of it as well, Beau. It's something that really seems to sell in our area...being the northwoods and all.

Old 2008-10-17, 8:17am
Pyromaniac

Heidi,
Wow! Would love to see a close up of those flowers.
Beau, your work is beautiful!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-17, 9:04am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

heidi that orchid is just magical, I love it

Old 2008-10-17, 10:17am
yukue fumei

these were from the Glassline article, but I hope it's okay to post them here too....
haven't made anything for a while.....
thanks!

nagi

Old 2008-10-17, 12:50pm
boro color bender

The three beads on the right are my favorite. They rock out loud!

Old 2008-10-17, 2:14pm
yukue fumei

thank you!

nagi

Old 2008-10-17, 6:00pm
Hummel factory reject

I agree, your beadies ROCK Nagi!

Old 2008-10-17, 6:46pm
No Problem!

Looks like you have a flock of hearts within a heart on the marble? Betcha it looks sweet all the way around, great colors.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-17, 10:18pm
yukue fumei

thanks Lori and Beau!!
Beau--they are just hearts within a ruby stripe--but the heart within heart idea is great! Wish I'd have thought of it!

nagi

Old 2008-10-18, 7:54am
glass-a-delic

Amazing! This october S&T rocks!

Old 2008-10-18, 2:53pm
Torch junkie

Heidi, that orchid is just awesome!

Here is a little octopus sculpture I made up yesterday.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-10-19, 11:31am

Thanks, Roger! Your octipus is so cool!

Old 2008-10-19, 3:19pm
Bliss Junkie

made these on my new cricket

still cooked them some...

and everything on this but the base was done on the cricket... ended up redoing the marble on it to this... birthday present for a friend who is really into dragonflies

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-10-19, 8:50pm

Shawn, How long did it take you to make your fumed pendants with the cricket? and what size tube did you use?
Old 2008-10-19, 9:24pm
yukue fumei

Roger-Amazing as always--I am loving the frit usage --really cool!

Shawn--wow!! I love the fumed pendants --electric! the dragon fly rocks!! Great marble adn really nice concept!

nagi

Old 2008-10-20, 5:16am
Bliss Junkie

think it was 19mm, got both out of the same bit.... took about 20 minutes for the both of them, i think.. but i dont really keep track...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-10-20, 6:33am

Always amazing work here

I'm always a little reluctant to post for fear you'll laugh me the forum , but here it goes anyway.

I'm getting ready for a small employee craft show at work tomorrow so I've been busy making winestoppers. My dad decided I needed a good way to transport them to an fro, so he made a case for me.