Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-05-14, 3:02am
Knob Creek Glass

Default D-Flector

Does anyone have any experience using the D-Flector background set up from www.sharpics.com?
Old 2008-05-14, 7:27am
Flaming Redhead!

I got one a couple years ago and used it for awhile...but personally don't care for the look of bright, colourful beads on a stark white background so I stopped using it. I will say it was extremely easy to use, makes the object appear as though it's floating, and produced a very, very white background with little shadows...I did notice that I had to set my camera to overexpose as well as use the flash in order to get the crisp, white background.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2008-05-14, 8:06am
Knob Creek Glass

Thanks. But, what do you mean to "overexpose." And didn't it also overexpose your bead?
Old 2008-05-14, 9:57am
Flaming Redhead!

To overexpose...my camera has a setting (I think it's the aperture setting) that goes from -2.0 to +2.0 and it allows more or less light through to the lens...I had to set it at +1.7 in order to get the crisp white background...and no, it didn't over expose the bead...(if I knew how to post a pic here I'd show you, but it seems I'm technically challenged when it comes to that here)

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2008-05-14, 10:02am
Flaming Redhead!

Ok...I think I've got the picture thingy figured out...

- John Keats
Old 2008-05-14, 10:55am
Knob Creek Glass

Beautiful!!!
Old 2008-05-14, 12:06pm
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you! Hope the info helps...

- John Keats
Old 2008-05-14, 4:27pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

Those are beautifully photographed Alex!! I just purchased on of these D-reflectors. I just received mine today. I do like a white background on my everyday photos so I'm sure I will love this if mine turn out as nice as yours did. I also use gradient backgrounds for show photos but I do use white as a background for most of my beads.

Thanks for sharing your pic!!!
Robin

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Last edited by rkoza; 2008-05-17 at 3:49pm.
Old 2008-05-14, 4:58pm
Flaming Redhead!

Thanks for the kind words Robin! I think you'll find the D-Flector very easy to use, that was one of the very first pictures I took with it, literally no learning curve at all...(which is always nice, who has time to learn all this stuff anyways!?)

By the way...I love your work!

- John Keats
Old 2008-05-17, 3:50pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

Thanks Alex, that's very nice of you to say. I love your work, too!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on