No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-12, 2:10pm
birdergirl ~o~

Question Fireworks torch

How is it different from the HH?
Other than an auto -light is it any more adjustable in the flame setting?
Would a HH user want to use it for some projects/
Just curious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2006-12-12, 3:06pm
No Longer an LE Member

Quite frankly, it is an inferior torch to the Hothead. It burns cooler, and clogs up easily and no way you can unclog it - can only be done by mfgr. Most distributors stopped carrying it for those reasons.
Old 2006-12-12, 3:09pm

My sister in law bought one and had to return it back to the store with in 2 weeks for that very reason.
Teresa
Old 2006-12-12, 3:32pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Cadia thanks for this thread I had no idea there were issues with this torch.

Don't know if you were asking cause of my thread or not but I changed my give away and added a HH to it.

I really appreciate the info, I have never used a fireworks and don't know anyone who had. I had a student who ordered one, never paid for it, never picked it up. It was gathering dust after two years so I thought I would give it away.

Old 2006-12-12, 3:39pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

My Fireworks torch died after one month of using! Buy a HH instead.

Alaina

Old 2006-12-12, 4:18pm
Fight glass with FIRE

You'd be better off with a BIC lighter then a fireworks torch. You'll be better served with a trusty hothead.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2006-12-12, 5:25pm
Present tense

I started on the Fireworks torch and later got a Hothead. The Hothead is hotter, and given a choice, cannot think of anything that would recommend the Fireworks torch over the Hothead. Save that money for glass.

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2006-12-12, 6:11pm
birdergirl ~o~

Yes Shawn- It was because of your post that I asked - I had heard of the FW torch a while back but had forgotten about it til you posted!
So now we know!!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2006-12-12, 9:46pm
BHB's- big honkin' beads!

I usually talk about, and demo the HH in my beginning classes... even tho I would never teach a class on HH's... someone elso can do that. And be nice folks, there is a place for HH's in this world. (Cindy J. would be soooo proud of me!!... long story!)

Years back whan the Fireworks torch came out I got real excited about it because I like the angle of it, barrel/flame angle, and the Pezio electric starter. The Fireworks just seemed more "high tech"... but, the HH will out perform it all day long. Much hotter flame on the HH... and darn it, it's just bomb proof and reliable.

Holiday Cheers, Larry

Website is back up!!! Yipee!!!

Last edited by larrybrickman; 2006-12-12 at 9:48pm. Reason: Typo
Old 2007-04-23, 1:41pm

i bought FW, i dont see it as a good investment... they brake (notoriously) and only run on mapp gas, unlike the HH that can run on just propane