TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Club House > VIP Room

VIP Room --

Access to the VIP Room requires a Subscription fee of $11 per 20 days. Go to UserCP and go to Paid Subscriptions.

The cost also includes access to post to the Bead Classified section (viewing is always free) as well as the Woodshed.

There will be special give aways of great glass items in this area available for anyone with access. If you would like to donate items or offer extra specials deals for LE supporters, please contact CorriDawn.

Old 2012-04-30, 4:37pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Default Want to win a $55 Gift Certificate from The Mandrel??

This is random draw for a $55 Gift Certificate from The Mandrel...

You only need to post a photo of your favorite bead that you have made. This is a random draw! I will not be judging your beads! I want to see what you think is your best work so far! Lampwork beads only, since those the only types of supplies I sell

One entry per person...
Starts at Midnight Pacific Time tonight (so May 1)
Last chance to post is May 30
Winner will be drawn on May 31

Cannot be used toward shipping, sales tax, or classes/studio rental and for in stock items only (no back orders or rain checks)

Thanks... starting in just under 7.5 hours. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-01, 1:42pm
Hole Challenged

Awwww man ... I didn't want to be first. I've been waiting all morning for someone to post in here so I wouldn't be.

Oh well ... I've only made one decent bead in the 12yrs I've been torching. How sad is that. Thank goodness you are only looking for one or I wouldn't have been able to enter.

I made this for a friend (Kim V) for her birthday one year.

Old 2012-05-01, 1:47pm
"Sinners have soul too"

That's beautiful! Wow! =)

Old 2012-05-02, 12:26pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Melodie! That is so elegant!

Here's mine. I hope it's OK that there are four beads in this picture but I don't have any of them anymore so I can't just take a pic of a single one. I love the turquoise turtle. So much that I have attempted to replicate it multiple times but I love the one in this picture the most.

So there it is!

(Please let me know if this picture isn't OK and I'll just have to find something different.)

Old 2012-05-02, 12:40pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Those are cute! I totally fail at sculptural stuff... I have learned how to make turtles from Judy Carlson in 3 different workshop and something always pops off or the poor little dude comes out with a thermal shock down his back... I love the turtle with the gears!

Old 2012-05-02, 12:59pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Those are cute! I totally fail at sculptural stuff... I have learned how to make turtles from Judy Carlson in 3 different workshop and something always pops off or the poor little dude comes out with a thermal shock down his back... I love the turtle with the gears!

Thanks, Donna! It took me a while to get sculptural stuff. I would always melt the details in too much for fear of losing too much heat. I took a class with Sharon Peters a while ago and that helped a lot. Turtle making really clicked with me after I purchased Mary Moth's tutorial.

Old 2012-05-02, 1:05pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Ha ha, I think I have that tutorial! I really should figure out how to do it since I have two shows a year I do in Hawaii!

Old 2012-05-02, 1:24pm
Hole Challenged

Thanks ladies

OMG! MaryBeth, I LOVE the turtles! I used to have one years ago, his name was Fred , he lived to be about 15 before cancer took him. I still miss that silly turtle.

I'm considering making beads (watch out ... lightning is going to strike!) for BOC and something like those would be perfect to make the kids. Is Mary still selling the tutorial? I'll have to go look in the tutorial section.

ETA: Hmmmm they might think these have too many protruding parts for BOC beads ... but I still love them!

Last edited by Melodie; 2012-05-02 at 1:39pm.
Old 2012-05-02, 2:26pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
Thanks ladies

OMG! MaryBeth, I LOVE the turtles! I used to have one years ago, his name was Fred , he lived to be about 15 before cancer took him. I still miss that silly turtle.

I'm considering making beads (watch out ... lightning is going to strike!) for BOC and something like those would be perfect to make the kids. Is Mary still selling the tutorial? I'll have to go look in the tutorial section.

ETA: Hmmmm they might think these have too many protruding parts for BOC beads ... but I still love them!
Yes, Mary is still selling the tutorial in her Etsy store. Actually, if I were going to make them for BOC I would just pull the front flippers in closer to the shell and make the back flippers a little thicker and shorter. I had a chance to look at some fossilized sea turtles last weekend (these were fossils that left an impression in limestone) and the front flippers were folded very close to the shell.

Old 2012-05-02, 3:24pm
Hole Challenged

Thanks! I just ordered it from her Etsy store. I absolutely adore your turtles, hope mine turn out as cute. I love working sculptural so this should be right up my alley. Thanks for the tips on the flippers!

Old 2012-05-02, 3:46pm

Melodie, that's stunning! MaryBeth, I oohed at those the first time you posted them.

This is one of my favorites...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2012-05-02, 9:12pm
Hole Challenged

Thanks Nikki

Wow ... that is one gorgeous bead! Absolutely love the colors, you make me wish I worked with 104 glass.

Old 2012-05-02, 9:16pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Uh oh... what type of glass do you work with Melodie?

Old 2012-05-02, 9:19pm
Hole Challenged

I work with BE ... but don't worry, I have a serious addiction to tools and could always use silver foil - just in case I'd be lucky enough to win.

Old 2012-05-02, 9:50pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Nikki - that is beautiful! It's done in my favorite color also!

Old 2012-05-03, 4:47pm
Master Procrastinator

Here's probably my all time favorite from my beads. It's also the very 1st of this style bead that I ever made. I had an idea in my head & was thrilled at the outcome. This was before I sold beads & I didn't think to take any pics of it, or any of my earlier beads for that matter. I used it in a bead crochet design which wound up being my 1st published piece.

So, Donna, which of your beads is your favorite?
Attached Images

Old 2012-05-03, 5:52pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh, I don't know... Hmmmm. I think I would have to meander through the old photo files

Old 2012-05-03, 5:54pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh, here we go... I remember being very pleased with this one...

Old 2012-05-04, 4:56pm

It's a good thing your not judging this because there is some way awesome stuff in here. Here is one of my fav.
Old 2012-05-04, 5:21pm
Hole Challenged

Lea - that is beautiful!

Donna - your bead is stunning, I love the colors. I so wish I could achieve that look in BE. The little swirl of green is perfect.

Donna - I adore the Santa! He's sooooo cute.

Old 2012-05-05, 6:24pm
Loving learning

Beautiful beads here. Mine won't be up to the same standard, but I'll look for a picture of one that made me smile.
Old 2012-05-05, 7:41pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I had fun with making the beads and bracelet!

Old 2012-05-07, 10:12am

I am so pleases with this bead. I decided it has to stay with me, so I can fondle it, and drool on it.
Jan

What a long, strange trip it's been!!!

One half of
. Mega-Minor/Bethlehem Betta, propane and an M-15 oxycon.
is open
Old 2012-05-07, 10:29am
"Sinners have soul too"

It's lovely. I keep beads that I really like in my pocket for a couple of weeks, then I can give them up... I love that shape... I go on binges of making that shape about once or twice a year.

Old 2012-05-07, 1:27pm

Thank you, Donna. You just made my day.
Jan

What a long, strange trip it's been!!!

One half of
. Mega-Minor/Bethlehem Betta, propane and an M-15 oxycon.
is open
Old 2012-05-07, 8:31pm

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really enjoying this thread.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2012-05-12, 10:22am
Triumphantly Knit!

both sides of one of my fave beads.

thanks Donna for the special opportunity!

good luck everyone. I love all the beadies posted.

namaste
Rowyn
Attached Images

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible

Last edited by 2tumblingdragonz; 2012-05-12 at 1:38pm.
Old 2012-05-17, 8:59pm
Superkitty

So many beautiful beads. This is one of my favorites.
Old 2012-05-17, 9:21pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Nice!

Old 2012-06-01, 2:21pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Sorry for the delay peeps... a bunch of stuff decided to land on me all at once, including a trip to the ER for my kid..

Anyway, without fanfare (sorry) THE WINNER IS NLC BEADS!

You have a $55 store credit at The Mandrel