Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-02-13, 6:38pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelladisegni View Post
44 days and counting!
.....OMG!! I tell you, every day of planning, is like I'm already there. But not until I land at Marco Polo, as I really THERE and back at HOME!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-27, 4:43pm
Finally doing what I love

Default Next year.....

I've already started saving up for next year! This class sounds like my idea of heaven on earth! Next year! If I plan over a year in advance surely I can make it work.

Hope you all have an amazing time.... How can you not?

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-02-28, 5:40am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Glass View Post
I've already started saving up for next year! This class sounds like my idea of heaven on earth! Next year! If I plan over a year in advance surely I can make it work.

Hope you all have an amazing time.... How can you not?

Christina
Hi Christina, that's the ticket! Definately not something to easly swing on a whim, but when one's focus, it will work. Keep saving those pennies! Visualize, channel and keep the faith. The reward will be there in the end.

Old 2012-03-01, 3:31am

Ciao everyone and Shalom from Jerusalem!
I have joined your group and am very much looking forward to the sculpture class and to Murano to your company, it really sounds amazing.. I love Murano, spent 10 days there a few years back with Murano Magic - various glass artists coming in to teach .... I always wanted to take a class with Lucio - they had a class here in Israel with him that filled up in 11 minutes! so lost out on that opportunity, and so was very delighted to be able to participate in this year's class. I love all forms of working with glass and find it both the most frustrating and most exhilirating experience and the most challenging and fulfilling....
just wondering what weather may be like in 2 months' time? as last time I was in Murano it was in early April and it went down to 3 degrees and I FROZE!
Old 2012-03-02, 3:32am

Smile

Hi Esther, nice to see you here! No worries about April in Murano. Most of my trips have been there in April. Cold, really cold is winter with the rains and winds (Carnevale time Brrrrrrrrrr......)

April is typical spring. Bring layers is reccommended. It may rain, it may be all out gorgeous, it's a nice time before the mosquitos start to come out in full force come May!

Bienventi a la familia!

Old 2012-03-02, 5:06am
StudioMarcy

I can't remember the dates when I went with Ofilia in April, but it was gorgeous! I think we had one day of misty stuff, but otherwise, lovely and I think I mostly went from a light sweater to short sleeves and maybe once or twice started the day with a jacket. I think everyone buys those wonderful scarves and wears them like the locals for a little extra warmth if needed...and a little extra style tossed in too. Have fun to all who are going. I wish I was in your group. I'll go back with Ofilia again some time. It was magical.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2012-03-15, 1:05pm
Beads Beads Glass

24 days for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2012-03-19, 6:45pm

Smile

Wanna hear something funny? I went out and bought a new suitcase ('cause I love what suitcases represent, I guess plus the great anticipation of this trip) ..... came home and found out I already had not one, but TWO new suitcases in the attic eager to get to Italy!! Ridiculous......I'm ready to board that plane!

I can already smell the sun on the lagoon waters ......

Old 2012-04-03, 2:23pm
Beads Beads Glass

5 days

working on new blog
Old 2012-04-03, 5:55pm
Born to Bead

3 days for me. See you there.
Old 2012-04-04, 3:34pm
Beads Beads Glass

I cant wait

working on new blog
Old 2012-04-04, 8:48pm

Smile

Just finished a two double batch Mrs. Fields cookies for our fine Muranese friends..

Arrivederci, tutti!

Old 2012-04-05, 1:56am
StudioMarcy

They love your baked treats! It's like going home for you, isn't it Ofilia?

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2012-04-05, 4:03am
BeadsonCypress

I haven't been reading this thread 'cause every time I do I get heart sick. Murano/Venice is probably the most wonderful place on earth. sigh.....and those who go with Ofilia have a double treat....

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2012-04-05, 9:14pm

Wink

Hi Marcy, Yup!! I love my friends there to pieces! I have got so much to do and reunite with. New adventures to explore, new people to invite to things I have come to know.

So much shopping, so little money......... Ahhh..... got my peanut butter jar packed, so I can spread the money that I don't spend on eating out to other more "useful" ventures Ciao!

Thanks so much for all the kind words, Susan! You too understand the power to the heart that these trips can give one. Arrivederci!!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2012-04-06 at 8:46am.
Old 2012-04-08, 5:27pm

At the airport, an hour to go... Can it be tomorrow now?

(Also, they gave us chocolate bunnies~)

--dvora (sometime lurker, first time poster. hi everyone! )
Old 2012-04-08, 5:40pm
I speak Murrini!

How superbly exciting! I can only dream of such a magnificent opportunity and adventure! I hope you/everyone will take pictures.

Dvora...welcome to LE (as an official poster, that is!). Have a wonderful time, and I hope you will share with us what you make.

Safe travels...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-04-30, 7:30am
Beads Beads Glass

I am working on getting photos up I took over 2000 so picking what to post may take me all day BEST Trip EVER!!!!!!!!!

working on new blog
Old 2012-04-30, 8:10am
Flame Dames Rule!

Can't wait to see them, Kim - I'll get mine on cd and sent out to everybody as soon as I get over the horrible jet lag.

You were a hoot to hang with, let's do it again!
nummy nummy,
*me*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-04-30, 10:12am
Beads Beads Glass

Talking Jet lag sucks!!!!!!!

I can’t wait to get to play with you and Hope again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been completely out of it with the jet lag getting home!!!

Out of about 2000 photos this is the only one I can get LE to upload. I think I need to resize them better. going to see if I can get a friend of mine to get the videos onto a DVD I can send don’t think it will all fit onto a CD.

I just sent some of the photos to Walgreens to turn into posters for my studio they are doing a 33% off sale this week.

Ok going to see about getting more photos up

working on new blog
Old 2012-04-30, 12:46pm

Hey Ofilia!
I SO recognize that horse!!! I will have to organize my photos and post some too! Class was a blast! Learned tons! Classmates wonderful!! Lunches were awesome! Oh and did I mention we had tons of fun!!!

Marianne
Mkdisegni
Old 2012-04-30, 1:59pm

Yes, please post photos. I was there last year and have more than 2000 of my own, but love to see what others saw.

That horse is amazing!

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2012-04-30, 5:19pm
Born to Bead

Hi Guys,
What a great trip. I think I'm over the jet lag. Hope to be able to post some pictures soon. Hey Roomy hope you had a good trip home. I have lots of pics of you watching Lucio. Thanks for everything Ofilia!
Old 2012-04-30, 5:45pm
@miniuniworld

Does Lucio allow his students to record video clips of his demostrations during class?
Old 2012-04-30, 5:56pm
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by @miniuniworld View Post
Does Lucio allow his students to record video clips of his demostrations during class?
YES!!

working on new blog
Old 2012-04-30, 6:48pm
@miniuniworld

Nice! Thanks! I am taking a class with him in June! Gotta get those batteries and memory cards ready! I am stalking this post to see the work you guys did on the trip =)
Old 2012-05-03, 2:57pm

While i did not take the ring class, the figure class i just completed with with Lucio was absolutely phenomenal! I am suffering from some serious jet lag and haven't yet uploaded my pics but I do have some to share... Will post soon!

If anyone ever has any doubts about attending a class with Lucio, I can only say that I was most pleasantly surprised by his incredible skill, humor, generosity and patience. It was the single most fabulous experience to date! I will not hesitate to join his class again someday...
Old 2012-05-06, 4:00am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMuse View Post
If anyone ever has any doubts about attending a class with Lucio, I can only say that I was most pleasantly surprised by his incredible skill, humor, generosity and patience. It was the single most fabulous experience to date! I will not hesitate to join his class again someday...
How true about Lucio! He is absolutely the best!! Skill.... humor...generosity and patience, is Lucio in a nutshell. I'm so elated you all were happy.....

I am so sorry to have missed staying for both workshops. I'd have loved to get to know you guys from the second group better. Still, happy we did get so share a little time before I had to leave. I hear you guys had a blast staying at Robertl's apartment. Glad that all worked out!

Do share more photos whenever you all get a chance!

Remember, Lucio and Diego are teaching at the musem in Toledo, Ohio in June!! DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY, FOLKS!! See the other thread for details and how to sign up!

Old 2012-05-06, 12:15pm

True about Lucio: he's the best teacher one could ever imagine! Humor, generosity, patience... as you said. And his skills are just incredible!

Thank you, Ofillia, for organizing everything for us!

I'm sorry for the wonky picture, but this is the only one I have showing Lucio's horse on a bead.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2012-05-11, 11:43am
Beads Beads Glass

Lol this is a repost I wanted to share the photos here with you guys too and am too lazy today to rewrite another post lol

Hi everyone sorry this has taken me so long.

On to the trip bling bling lol too much coffee today my only excuse

Here is a crab made by Vittorio Costantini

Pony made by Lucio Bubacco

Ring I made in in the Diego Bottacin work shop

A centar Lucio made

A centar I made lol

A progression of my work in the Lucio workshop

A shot from window of the apartment on Murano

Looking back to the apartment (little white building)

Twisted cane I pulled with Beth’s help during the Demos at the Albat Zanetti glass school we did two days of demos I am on the left Beth is on the right

We left all the beads and canes we made at the school they are going to be put on display. How cool is that!!!

Last but not least a bead I purchased made by Lucio and Diego, and was cold worked by Luigi Camozzo

working on new blog

Last edited by sra-p96; 2012-05-12 at 7:24am. Reason: fixed lol