TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2005-11-14, 3:38pm

Default step-by-step instructions for garden bead

I was looking at craft magazines and found GLASS.....craftsman with a beautiful lampwork bead on the cover. The article is by Rocio Bearer and Ron Bearer Jr. and is wonderful! Gives great step-by-step directions.
Here is the site, you can see the beautiful bead on the upper right.
http://www.glasscraftsman.com/default.aspx

Last edited by collectiblesbyrose; 2005-11-14 at 4:27pm.
Old 2005-11-14, 5:15pm

Default magazine?

Did you find the magazine at a book store like barnes and noble or order it?
Thanks,
Darlene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-11-14, 6:46pm

I got it at the local news stand. Actually, I'd never seen the magazine before. I found the website of the artists
http://www.r4glassstudio.com/gallery.html
Beads are so pretty!
Old 2005-11-14, 7:51pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thank you for sharing the cool site,
where is the link for the step by step instruction?
I couldn't find it.

Old 2005-11-14, 8:08pm

That's awesome! I believe they're members here at LE. They also co-authored the "Cookbook of Borosilicate Glass" with Lori Robbins. I've never heard of the magazine before, but I'd love to find it!
Old 2005-11-14, 8:08pm

Sorry, I couldn't find it either. It was in the magazine but couldn't find it at the magazine website.
Cool...didn't know they were members here. They should have told us they were going to be in the magazine. Some people are so humble.
Old 2005-11-14, 8:10pm
ManBearPig

I know Ron posts on here a lot. I don't know about Rocio.

But, our local Barnes and Noble carries it. It's a pretty good magazine. A good mix of lampworking, fusing, and stained glass...

Old 2005-11-15, 2:21pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

I couldn't find the instructions either (I didn't think I would though) BUT, that magazine and 5 previous issues will soon be home! lol

Giving
a try!
Old 2005-11-22, 6:22am

They were in another magazine with ornaments. Boro I think. I've really enjoyed what I've seen published by (about) them.

Now there's another magazine on my list to try to find and consider subscribing to. I really need to ditch most of the bead magazines I get. I'm more interested in anything glass and not so much seed beads, etc.
Old 2005-12-15, 8:28am
Keep on keepin' on...

I found this magazine yesterday at our local Hastings. I bought it, and the step by step is awesome! Gonna try it today!

Brandy