Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2011-02-01, 8:03pm
beadbrain

Default Anyone have a Sony Cybershot DSC H55?

I have a new camera and I am struggling with getting decent photos of my beads. Previously, I was using a Fuji wit 4.1x MP and was getting great images. I have a new Sony Cyber-shot DSC H55 with 14.1 MP.
Is anyone using this camera and getting decent results?
Old 2011-02-01, 8:40pm
Mary Lockwood

Hi Amy!

I have a different model of cyber shot but if you think I can be of any specific help, let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-02-01, 8:56pm
beadbrain

Hi Mary! Yes, I still exist, and I am making beads again.
I don't know if you could hep. I think I need to find someone who can tell me how to adjust all the settings. Either that or steal the old camera back from the boy!
Old 2011-02-06, 8:47pm
Dynamic Duo

Also have a cybershot here - will try ti send you settings I use.

Old 2011-02-06, 8:51pm
Dynamic Duo

Settings we use: cybershot H50

Select Aperture mode, with ISO setting of 100. F stop 2.7, NO FLASH, and can adjust the oev (brightness of each shot) and use macro - and most importantly a tripod. This camera has a nice feature, a hand-held remote which can be used to snap the picture, so no jiggling of the camera.

Camera has 9.1 mega pixels, and 15x optical zoom. We take the pictures at the largest size possible on the camera, and then use the computer to crop them down.

We have a MAC, so load the pictures into iPhoto, and crop to a square from there. Use a photoshop like program to add the logo, and then have a picture resizing program. Generally make 2 copies of each photo. 1 set sized at 1000 pixels square for use on Etsy and Ebay, and a set 600 pixels square for use on our web site, emails, Facebook, and posting on Lampwork etc. Always save pictures in the highest quality of Jpgs that the software will allow.

Old 2011-02-06, 9:02pm
beadbrain

Thank you for trying. I cannot manually set the macro on this camera as far as I can tell. I think the tripod might help. I am playing with lighting too. For now, I keep stealing my Fuji back from my 10 year old son. It still gives me better results. I guess I should just stick with it.