Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-08-30, 3:49am
Lover of all things color

Poor Jenn, that's so true. I'm thinking that I will have to wait until evening here in the south US....LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-08-30, 9:59am

Have you decided on a name for it?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-08-30, 7:00pm
The Brighter the Better!

Not going to make much difference for me...Still have to wait for payday on Wednesday

Cheers

Jenny

Old 2009-08-30, 9:17pm
TravelLight&Don'tRush

Tomorrow, tomorrow...I'll love it tomorrow..Its only three hours away

(Forgive the allusions to Annie's song...you know it "The sun'll come out...Tomorrow ...So ya gotta hang on ...'Til tomorrow ...Come what may ...Tomorrow! Tomorrow!...I love ya Tomorrow! ...You're always...A day...A way!
Old 2009-08-30, 9:28pm
Born Facing Left

Just doing the final tweaking; the only issue that I have left to deal with is the file size. I'm using a new pdf conversion program, and it keeps generating a file size of about 85mb.

That's roughly twenty times larger than I want, lol! I've got my old program to fall back on if I can't get this thing to cooperate, though.

Old 2009-08-31, 6:15am
Mad about Glass

I keep checking every couple of hours just in case it's ready!!!!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-08-31, 6:39am
Born Facing Left

I'll post when it's ready, everyone........I have a surgeon's appointment this morning (for my back....ick.), so I want to wait until I'm home before I make it available. It's 06:30 AM right now; I would think that it will go public no later than 2:00 PM my time.

(My appointment is in downtown Vancouver, it's a long drive!)

I really appreciate everyone's patience! I think it will be worth it; I'm very happy with how it's turned out!

Old 2009-08-31, 6:49am

Well, at least we're down to hours...lol

granny
Old 2009-08-31, 8:13am

Hope all goes well at the doctor Sherry!

Old 2009-08-31, 11:33am
Honey Badger

Tapping my foot...do we know what it is yet? Is it suitable for those with no talent? I want it and I don't even know what it is yet...LOL!
Old 2009-08-31, 12:35pm

You poor thing, backs are a pain aren't they. I hope your not going to have to have surgery. I'm in a holding pattern myself. (I'm holding out, they're not.)

I'm home from work so I guess I'll take a nap to make the time go by faster....LOL 85mb, hmmm don't think that will fly, wouldn't that be awful if we all had to wait for it to get to us by snail mail....yikes.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-08-31, 1:01pm
Burning Fingers!

Good luck with the doctor Sherry - I know all about bad backs - I hurt mine last week doing the excercises that are supposed to prevent it!! I have had a deteriorating disc problem for 10 years now - and it certainly is a darn nuisance at times.
I'm looking forward to your new tutorial!

/
/
/

Old 2009-08-31, 1:25pm
Born Facing Left

Two pieces of good news, thanks for all of the good "back wishes", everyone....no surgery! WooHoo!!! At least not yet, until we explore other options. Big relief!

The other good news...the tutorial is done, it's in my Etsy! It's a highly detailed tutorial showing how to create a "Shipwreck" bead, and it includes two additional tutorials, one on making "Tiny Implosions in Soft Glass", and one that shows how to make an "Illusion" cane which makes cool murrine.

Did that make sense, lol? I didn't get a lot of sleep last night!

Old 2009-08-31, 1:40pm

Beautiful!!!! AND NOW IT'S Mine!!!
Thank you. Can't wait to see it!

Old 2009-08-31, 1:41pm

Oops....hit send to fast. Glad you don't need surgery. I'm sure that's a huge relief to you

Old 2009-08-31, 1:54pm
da General

woohoo you are early! got mine!

happy to hear that you don't need surgery, Sherry!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-08-31, 2:04pm
Covered in glitter

Sherry I'm really glad to hear you don't need surgery. And I'm really glad I just ordered the tutrorial!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-08-31, 2:04pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I'm so glad that surgery isn't in your immediate future.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-08-31, 2:24pm
Burning Fingers!

Glad to hear you won't be going under the knife! I've ordered my copy of your new tutorial - thanks.

/
/
/

Old 2009-08-31, 2:32pm

Happy you are okay
Happy I got the tutorial...even if I'm on a HH

granny
Old 2009-08-31, 2:46pm
Covered in glitter

Love it! Thanks Sherry!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-08-31, 3:12pm

Good to hear to don't need surgery or there are at least options. I'm on Nurontin for sciatica which works miracles. Just hope your not in pain.

Got mine too. Going to be hard waiting for the weekend to use it.
thanks for sharing your knowledge and time Sherry.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-08-31, 3:13pm
TravelLight&Don'tRush

Just visited your Etsy and ordered the tut. I'm looking forward to reading it and having a torching session tonight! Tonight I'll be the one that doesn't get much sleep. Glad your Doc appointment went well.
Old 2009-08-31, 3:40pm
Honey Badger

Happy to hear that your back surgery is ix-nayed!
I just bought the tutorial--it looks wonderful! With all of those techniques, there has to be something I can do.
Old 2009-08-31, 5:23pm

I just ordered mine! Can hardly wait to study it this evening.
Thanks, Sherry!

Old 2009-08-31, 5:26pm
Knob Creek Glass

I will second the Neurotin, aka generic Gabapentin!!!!
Old 2009-08-31, 5:50pm
Born Facing Left

You're welcome, everyone! Hmm. I'm going to ask my Dr. about those meds; I have good days and kind of "less good" days, you know?

I'm thinking of marrying my heating pad, though...it really helps a lot.

Old 2009-08-31, 6:15pm

I hope you are feeling better soon!! I am glad you don't have to have surgery too!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-08-31, 7:22pm

It's really a masterpiece Sherry, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all the little bits in it. Which ones to try first will be the hard part.

thanks again for sharing all of your knowledge with us,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-08-31, 8:20pm
Born Facing Left

Jan, (and everyone else!) You are SO welcome! It was a pleasure to write it, and I'm glad that it's going to be used and enjoyed!