Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-08-03, 5:34pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Default Tutorial Wish List

I love all the tutorials out and just thought it would be fun to start a wish list of tutorials we would like to see... Here are a few off the top of my head, I am sure there are more!

1. Pati Walton's Butterfly Garden beads
2. Cynthia Tilker's (Glassactcc) Keeper's, Whipersnappers, Fish, or flower face beads
3. Mary Jarvis (Bayoubeads) Beach Hearts
4. Tink Globes

My list could go on, what would you like to see?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-03, 6:03pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

I would love a tutorial on the fine, really thin stringer work like in JC Herrel's beads and Melanie Moertel beads..

Harriet Harrison's yummy flower beads.
Old 2008-08-03, 6:39pm
Detail G-Mama!

Jenny, you might check out Jim Kervin's Artist series, he did one on Pati Walton. That is one I don't have yet so I don't know for sure if that bead is in there but I did see that she has a book out!

Old 2008-08-03, 6:54pm
Mama said

Jenny, I have that book and I'd be glad to send it to you.
Old 2008-08-03, 8:38pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I do have it (thank you though!), I was just hoping for a more in-depth tutorial. I started this thread with hopes to encourage other beadmakers that we all admire to create tutorials

Jenny

Last edited by EmbellishYourself; 2008-08-03 at 8:48pm.
Old 2008-08-04, 4:56am
Disconnected

I want a tutorial from Andrea Guarino for being a genius

Old 2008-08-09, 4:22pm
Sandi

How about Kerri Fuhr's dragonfly....beautiful!

Sandi

Old 2008-08-09, 5:40pm
Dangerous Woman

I wish for a dragon tut. Not so much cutsie dragons but scary medieval type dragons.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-09, 7:11pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I have watched JC work and I think the stringer control is practice and you can't get that in a tut. She is amazing and so quick.

Old 2008-08-21, 7:11pm
Hopeless glass addict!

Everyone has excellent suggestions! One thing I have always wished for is in-depth, detailed tips & techniques for using enamel, frit or both together...with examples of several beads for each technique. Spotlight on Silver has a neat technique using aventurine frit under silver leaf, for example. It wouldn't be important to have a bead tutorial...just a collection of effect tutorials I could use on my own beads. That way there wouldn't be the issue of bead copying and the new effects learned would jump-start a lot of new ideas for those who buy the tutorial. Does that make any sense?

~Mendy

Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!

Old 2008-08-21, 7:50pm
Hopeless glass addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsbyJenny View Post
I do have it (thank you though!), I was just hoping for a more in-depth tutorial. I started this thread with hopes to encourage other beadmakers that we all admire to create tutorials
I know what you mean, Jenny! I have to say that the tutorials I've purchased so far are really much more in-depth than many I've seen in books or magazines so far! I love it! Maybe it's because there aren't publishers placing restrictions on the manuscript length or numbers of pictures in these tutorials. It's more like sitting down with that person right beside you, willing to take their time to explain everything in their own way. I think Sherry's tutorial really set the bar for this. She didn't skimp on words or pictures and really broke everything down into easy to understand terms. No wonder everyone is snapping these tutorials up like crazy! They're wonderful!

~Mendy

Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!

Old 2008-08-21, 8:53pm

Lisa Fletchers encased florals.

Old 2008-08-21, 9:37pm
I like to melt things

Anouk's trapped caterpillar focal

-
-
Old 2008-08-31, 11:45am

Kimberly Affleck's seahorseys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cynthia's beads(glassacts)
Lisa Fletchers beads
Anything from Jennifer G.

Old 2008-09-14, 1:26am
Mad about Glass

Anastasia's multi-petal flower, as seen in the S&T for Sunday 14 Sept and her many sets.

[url]

Old 2008-09-14, 9:40am
Pyro Tyro

Arrow

My wish it that each and every tutorial include the supplies/tools list for review before purchasing the tutorial. Several tutorials I have purchased call for things I don't have - such as those hot finger (?) things or a specific glass.

Had I known beforehand, I probably would've bought the tutorial anyway, but wouldn't have been so disappointed that I can't try the beads immediately.

So.... for anything beyond mandrels, "standard" glass and bead release... I'd like to see it included on the supplies & tools needed list.

Merci!

Jill the newbie
who just doesn't have
all the cool stuff yet!

Old 2008-09-14, 11:58am
Anyone need some spacers?

I think the reason why people don't post a list of supplies is because some of them just don't want to release that much info before the tut is out.

I would like a list of everything I have to get ready to do the project before each technique (often there are more than one project in a tut). I do read through my tuts all before trying but sometimes it is days before I get to actually sit at the torch. Yesterday I though I had everything all ready to do the Summer Brights tut and got my bead all ready for the fun part and didn't have a twisty in the right colors or the stringer colors I needed pulled. How frustrating is that.

Old 2008-09-16, 1:02am

in depth, more pictures, less writting tutorials is what I would buy and why. I am NOT a word learner and I have gotten several books and then looked at them and marked them worthless for the most part cause I can't make head or tails out of the words without the pictures. I see a LOT of people that have one or two things I would love to learn more about have put up tutorials and think this is an awesome way to "take" a class yet not have to worry about someone watching the kids, worrying about where I am going to stay etc.. The only thing I want to know?? Can I email you with questions if I find myself still stuck. LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-09-29, 11:29pm
Mad about Glass

Anyone prepared to write a "Face" tutorial. I can never get a really symetrical face and eyebrows are just beyond me.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-09-30, 2:34am
Knob Creek Glass

Tey Cornett's Murrini and Cane!
Old 2009-08-12, 3:46pm

I would love to know how to be able to make carol's wonderfull stringers LOL... ( yeah Anouk, i know...you showed it to me... but you know me...)
and i would love to be able to make real real round bead...
( or are these to basic needs?)
Old 2009-08-12, 11:22pm

Default dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I wish for a dragon tut. Not so much cutsie dragons but scary medieval type dragons.
Glass Roger has a dragon tut that I've been thinking of getting. I think he works in boro but you should be able to do it in 90 or 104 COE.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=28566518
Old 2009-08-13, 4:15am
Gimme that silver glass!

Kernheimer , I don't mind helping you with it, you know that .

Melanie, thank you . I have been thinking about my next tut, but I'm still not sure about the subject of it.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-08-13, 5:37am
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixton View Post
Glass Roger has a dragon tut that I've been thinking of getting. I think he works in boro but you should be able to do it in 90 or 104 COE.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=28566518
Yup I got it. I made one sad little dragon then dropped it and broke off its wings! When I have a bit of time I will give it a go again. Great tutotials!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-08-19, 2:50pm
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance View Post
I think Sherry's tutorial really set the bar for this. She didn't skimp on words or pictures and really broke everything down into easy to understand terms. No wonder everyone is snapping these tutorials up like crazy! They're wonderful!
Thank you so very much for these kind words! I really appreciate them!

Old 2009-08-21, 9:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by josielv View Post
Kimberly Affleck's seahorseys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cynthia's beads(glassacts)
Lisa Fletchers beads
Anything from Jennifer G.
Kimberly Affleck's seahorse tut was in the flow magazine the issue was Women in Glass think it was one of the winter issues.Full in depth detail now I know how she makes those beautiful beads!
Old 2009-08-22, 4:42am
Knob Creek Glass

JC and Margaret's tutorials are great!
Old 2009-08-22, 5:00am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default making round beads

I know this is not the intended use of a tool, but I use Jim Moore's varied sized graphite marble mold for making round beads. (Tip from Brad Pearson)

by rolling your bead in the marble mold, you can get a bunch of them exactly the same size, AND (bonus) a lot of the brass tools out there become much easier to have beads match when that perfect round bead goes in to get smashed. Zoozii diamonds and pilllows are much easier this way (for me anyway) I wouldn't trade Jim's tool for anything.

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Old 2010-01-25, 6:00am

I would love to see Jayne (Badger Beads) do a tutorial. ANYTHING THAT SHE DOES would be fine with me. I love her newest experiment!

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2010-02-20, 4:24pm

I would like a tutorial on how to make an off mandrel bail and/or handles. I can do it if I make a small glass bead and fuse it to my piece but if I try to make a loop it comes out all wonky and pathetic looking. Messing with it after it's made just makes it more pathetic.

jgraff