Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-06-20, 8:18am

Default WebHost experience? - iPage.com

Anyone have anything to say bad or good about the company? Any one know of companies to stay away from? or good ones. Please let me know your experiences.
Thanks!
Old 2010-06-20, 6:28pm
Gentleman of Leisure

MY "other hobby" (car) site is hosted on Lunarpages, also Art Glass Answers is hosted on Lunarpages..... Its always been there 24/365 and no hassles...

http://www.lunarpages.com

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-06-20 at 6:34pm.
Old 2010-06-21, 7:23am

I agree with Dale, Lunarpages has been a great host. It uses cPanel for site management which is as easy to use as any of them.

I maintain a site for a friend who uses Godaddy which does not use cPanel and it is a pain to relearn every time I want to add new feature to the site.

Steve

Old 2010-06-21, 3:23pm
glassblowing vj

in my experience, if you are only going to be managing a basic site, lunar pages is great, if you are going for a more flash driven site, i think apt host is the most reasonable, as far as bang for your buck. stay away from cirtex.
Old 2010-06-23, 8:36pm
Heart of Flame

Based on these posts, I've gone to check out Lunarpages (this is a scary enterprise - all this web stuff)...can someone tell me the difference between basic hosting and windows hosting (aside from 5 dollars a month)?

If I want a basic website with a shopping cart and less than 10 pages, could I make do with basic hosting?

Thanks!

Old 2010-06-24, 2:53pm

I have the basic hosting package and I have over 250 pages, many with shopping carts.

Head on over to my second site and look along the top. I have a free tutorial on setting up Mal's eCommerce, a free cart. The basic package also includes free domain name for life and lots of free software, most of which is not very useful except for laughingbirds banner software. I used that to create the banners at the top of my first two sites in my signature.

Steve

Old 2010-06-24, 9:16pm
Heart of Flame

Thanks for your replies Steve and Dale and Glassblowing TV - I am going to head over to Lunarplus and set up my website! Wish I could give you all a referral fee!

Wish me luck!

Old 2010-07-01, 10:01am
Cats & Glass!

It sounds like you found your answer but I just want to give props (right now, no guarantee for the future) but I love HostGator. I have some big sites running on it and they're running very smoothly at minimal cost. I get nothing for hyping them.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2010-07-16, 4:33pm
Heart of Flame

Thanks Janelle and everyone else for your input!