Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2011-12-27, 9:17pm

Default Camera suggestion please?

I need a cheap digi with a great macro. My pix suck. Any ideas? tia, Helen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-27, 9:53pm
Loving learning

What do you consider "cheap"?
Old 2011-12-28, 7:42am

How about cheapest?

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2011-12-28, 9:33am
Uh Oh....

I dropped my old camera on the floor and broke the display and I didn't want to spend a lot for a new camera so I got the Casio Exilim Ex-Z550. It's a point and shoot with a macro setting. It takes decent pictures, though it won't take really high resolution or TIFF pictures. It's good for pictures that you might want to post online.

Old 2011-12-28, 9:43am
Sheila Davis Designs

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm so confused about what camera to buy. I was looking at Canon Powershot SX40 HS. Any input?

Old 2011-12-28, 10:01am
Salt Box Beads

Hi Helen, How are you doing?

I have the Canon A1000IS. It takes great close ups. The first shot was on auto and is just a little blurry because it wasn't on a tripod and my hand moved when I snapped the pic.

The next shot was on auto with the maco on and focused right on the polymer clay bead. I was about 1.5 inches away from the bead.
Attached Images

Old 2011-12-28, 4:39pm

If you haven't decided yet you may want to check out Nikon's S600. It came out in 2008. It has 10 mp, 4x optical zoom and excellent macro capabilities. It is compact and very lightweight as well.

I had one and loved it to death...until I took it with me on a boating adventure on my brother's sailboat. I believe its on the bottom of the ocean off of Cape Cod right now .

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Last edited by demcc2; 2011-12-28 at 4:51pm.
Old 2011-12-28, 4:55pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I have an older Canon. I would be willing to trade the camera for your lampwork tutorials if you paid the shipping from Canada. I believe I paid $600 plus some years ago. It will take great photographs. You can check out my sold items on Etsy. I have only had the new camera a few months.

It is older and has one small scratch on the lens but it is basically free. I would get so many questions asking me which camera I use over the years. It really isnt so much about the camera but more about learning to use it and using effective lighting.

Anyways, this is long-winded, sorry. It is just sitting in the cupboard ccollecting dust now. I will look for a link for the exact model and send you pictures if you are interested.

Jacqueline

Old 2011-12-28, 5:00pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Nevermind, I just searched for it on Ebay and they are super super cheap now. You won't want it.

My new camera is a Canon Rebel, very pleased with it.