Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2011-07-16, 11:17am

Default GIMP2 video tutorial: Combining the best part of 2 images.

I just posted a new blog and video. It's a preview of the DVD I'm putting together about using the photo editing software GIMP2. It's a surprisingly powerful program that is free to download and use.

In the in the walk through I took 2 photos of the same images, one with little contrast and the other with more contrast. I combined the best part of the images to get the best out of both using Gimp2.

Take a look at the video and tell me what you think.
Click here

Thanks and have a great day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not the Camera that takes the photo, it's the photographer.
Old 2011-08-03, 2:35am

Very very ver good Great job !

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-08-05, 1:31pm

Hey thanks! I'll get more up videos up soon.

Old 2011-08-06, 4:10pm
yes, llamas...and ducks

Location: Langley, BC, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth.

Wow - I really like the step-by-step instructions and the visuals. Nice tutorial!

Flaming on a Minor with concentrator.

Old 2011-11-14, 11:48am

Default DVD done, now I'll get some more videos posted.

Thanks! The DVD is finally done and up at my website. But I'll try and get a new video up today.

Old 2011-11-14, 6:38pm

Well done! I particularily like your explanations of why you are using the Gimp tools. It helps the listener to understand some of the complex tools in the full featured photo tools.

Old 2011-12-02, 8:35pm
Proud Liberal

Very nicely done. You make it look easy!

Robin
Old 2011-12-05, 2:47pm

Thank you!

I wasn't sure if I was talking too much about the tools. When I make these videos I have to be careful I don't ad too much info that people will get too bored and not finish it. On the other hand I don't want it to be too brief and leave important info out.

And it is pretty easy. I'll post another video with this multiple image technique using a bead. I started using it because Glass is so hard to shoot. because you have at least 3 things to attempt to capture:
1) Proper Color
2)The Volume of the bead
3) The surface texture, and not just your reflection.

I got frustrated trying to capture it all 3 in one photo, so I focused on on element at a time. Then place the qualities I want from each photo.