Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2012-01-08, 2:30pm
RAH!

Default How to you organise your photos?

How do you organise all the bead photos you take? Do you keep the 'bad' photos as well as the good ones? do you organise them by date or somethign else? How do you find a photo of a particular bead if you want it?

My system of lots of folders named 'new bead pics', 'newer bead pics' and 'even newerer bead pics' is driving me nuts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Now with stock! And useful photography!)
Old 2012-01-08, 2:41pm

I organize all my photos by year, month and date. It isn't perfect, but I can usually find what I want. Every month I create a folder under my master image directory in the form of YYMM. So for this year January my folder is "1201". Why do I use this goofy scheme? Because everything sorts nicely. I also process images and rename the files in a similar manner. A directory of images that are named something like YYMMDD_thing_view_size.ext will sort in order and make it easy to find what you want if you have some clue when you shot it. If I shot a brick today in 3/4 view and sized it for the web, it might be named 120108_brickABC_3Q_web.jpg. I use a similar scheme for all documents and other stuff.

I save almost all images I shoot, just like I saved every film negative I ever shot. You never know when something that seemed unimportant or like junk at the time will be something you later wish you had kept.

Knight Bullet Burner
Tanks
mostly boro technical projects

"I'm sure I'm on a planet but I don't know if it's still earth."
Old 2012-01-16, 3:15am
Unmedicated since '62

I have a raw file that has folders or each batch of photos, Bridge automatically does that. Then I have an edited images file with codes for each image, that code travels with the bead and it's tagged that way

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-01-16, 5:56am
Jacqueline Parkes

I create folders named for different styles of beads, ,examples:
Florals - Raised
Florals - Surface
Organics
etc etc

Each file is named with the colors I used. If there is more than one, I add numbers to the names.