Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-11-03, 11:45am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

I'm readyyyyyyyyyyyy, lol bring it onnnnnnnnnn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
~~
Old 2006-11-03, 4:44pm

When I asked CorriDawn the other day she said she hasn't had time to do anything with it.

Old 2006-11-12, 7:52pm
Smooches!

I'm still interested too! Keep us posted!

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2006-11-12, 9:36pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

If you need someone to put the PDF file together with all the tutorials, I would volunteer.. Just let me know!!
Old 2006-11-12, 10:08pm

Well with her in the hospital and all I'm just not sure about anything. I will say when she gets home and is taking email you could email her and tell her you will do it for her. I think that she will not be up to that for awhile...

Old 2006-12-06, 5:18pm
Hot Rod Addiction

Any updates on Corri or the LE tutoria booklet???
Old 2006-12-06, 6:30pm

I was thinking about this the other day. I have no clue! Maybe you could ask CorriDawn and get back to the rest of us.....

Old 2006-12-10, 7:24am
Noobie

Hows the tutorial coming along...I would be sooo interested!
Old 2006-12-10, 7:39am
Glassbrat from Oregon

Did this happen.
Thanks
Kim

Creating is the greatest proof of being alive.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:24am
Red*Dog*Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
I was thinking about this the other day. I have no clue! Maybe you could ask CorriDawn and get back to the rest of us.....
Wasn't this your project ?

Debi

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2006-12-10, 12:09pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I think if you read back in the thread, all the material was sent to Corri. I don't believe it has moved from there.
Old 2006-12-20, 10:16pm
Trying to Hope!

I want one when they are ready I dont mind donating this forum has helped me bunches and bunches
Old 2006-12-23, 8:27pm
Give to receive...simple.

Ditto here!! Thanks

Old 2006-12-24, 10:47am
Smooches!

Triple ditto here! (If there is such a thing)
Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2006-12-27, 10:14pm
Give to receive...simple.

Yep, there is Kate, you just invented it!! Ehehe...good for you!

Old 2007-01-17, 7:46pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Is this EVER going to happen?

I am a computer programmer by day and consider myself very organized. I will help out in any way possible to bring this long awaited project to everyone.

P.S.
It looks like I will be layed up for a while with my back, so lots of time!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-01-18, 12:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakisses View Post
Is this EVER going to happen?

I am a computer programmer by day and consider myself very organized. I will help out in any way possible to bring this long awaited project to everyone.

P.S.
It looks like I will be layed up for a while with my back, so lots of time!
I understand what you are saying. All I can tell you is to contact CorriDawn. I sent all the information to her early September. I am just as curious as all of you I guess because believe it or not I put alot of hard work into this. I PM'd people, emailed, kept posting begging for tutorials. Some just flat out told me no, that they didn't want to support LE, others gave permission to use tutorials that were already published elsewhere. I went to several sites and accumulated tutorials. I find it very disheartening that it seems to have just died where it sits. I'm sorry that all of you have been looking forward to this and haven't gotten it before now. Even if it does contain alot of tutorials that are/were already out there, they are combined to where it would be easier to look one up. I just don't know what to say other than I'm sorry I've done what I could do.

Old 2007-01-18, 4:42am
ID10T Problem Solver

You worked your butt off and deserve many kudos!

It was a huge undertaking with so much of your time dedicated to it. It is a shame to have just been set aside when so many people want it so much.

Of all the fund raising for LE (lottery, holiday mall, donation button), I think this one would be the most fruitful. It's not limited to just one drawing of a prize or a shopping season....this is something everyone here wants and will continue to generate donations as new people discover lampworking and LE.

Elizabeth, you are appreciated!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2007-01-18 at 8:20am. Reason: I can't spell!
Old 2007-01-18, 7:49am

It would be great if there could be a collaborative between CorriDawn (LE) and one of the publishing groups that we've seen books from here. Like Brad Pearson's books. That way some of the sale profits could come back to LE, and we'd get a full color, bound collection of the tutorials. AND since those books sell to an even wider audience than LE, maybe even MORE money would come back to the site...
Old 2007-01-18, 9:59am
Who me?

A way for LE to make money

http://www.lulu.com/
Old 2007-01-19, 11:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakisses View Post
You worked your butt off and deserve many kudos!

It was a huge undertaking with so much of your time dedicated to it. It is a shame to have just been set aside when so many people want it so much.

Of all the fund raising for LE (lottery, holiday mall, donation button), I think this one would be the most fruitful. It's not limited to just one drawing of a prize or a shopping season....this is something everyone here wants and will continue to generate donations as new people discover lampworking and LE.

Elizabeth, you are appreciated!

Thank you Jana, but I did it because I wanted to do something to help LE. I didn't have any money I could donate so I thought that donating my time while doing something to help everyone else was a good idea. Thanks again for the kind words.

Old 2007-01-19, 11:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
It would be great if there could be a collaborative between CorriDawn (LE) and one of the publishing groups that we've seen books from here. Like Brad Pearson's books. That way some of the sale profits could come back to LE, and we'd get a full color, bound collection of the tutorials. AND since those books sell to an even wider audience than LE, maybe even MORE money would come back to the site...
Sounds like a good idea, BUT she would have to get permission from each artist to publish it in print. I only asked for it to be used or sent by email or CD. Not sure if that makes a difference but I would think that it would be proper to ask before putting it in print like that.

Old 2007-01-22, 5:14pm
Administrator

Believe it or not, we are not in this to make money, if we were, then I am telling you that we are in the wrong business. We could make a lot more elsewhere.

We do not wish to publish or sell anything. It is a pain in the butt to do that. We do not have the time or desire to do that.

As of right now, we probably will not be doing anything with the tutorials, it is not worth the time to compile it into a usable format. Most of the tutorials are already out there and easily searchable on the site. In fact, there is a nice index in the tutorial section of the site which has links to easily find many different tutorials.

Old 2007-01-22, 5:23pm

As I read the suggestions I figured we shouldn't assume Corri and Jason wanted to take on more than they are.

But, I thought the tutorial thing via e-mail or CD had been agreed to. Bummer it is going on hold. Guess I should be glad I will move away from my dial up in a month or so (if the antenna reaches here).
Old 2007-01-22, 6:40pm
Colors outside the lines

I was under the impression that there were new, not as yet published tutorials gathered for this project. Do you know if the people who contributed are willing to post their tutorials in the Tutorials section instead? Bummer, especially after the work that was put into it right up to this point, and lots of us waiting and checking status off and on for several months. It seems a shame to just drop it at this point. And I thought I just read a thread recently about some other project to generate donations for LE?

Leah
Old 2007-01-22, 9:23pm
Administrator

There is an auction going on right now since Sharon Peters donated a fish and some other people donated items for it. We do auctions like that every once in awhile when people donate the items. That is the only thing going on right now to generate money to support the site.

Old 2007-01-22, 10:30pm
HourGlass Studio

So is this tutorial book a no go ???

Old 2007-01-22, 10:59pm

This is the link to the poll that was done in Nov. 2005. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...torials+for+LE It was agreed to be done by Corri. I emailed, PM'd and begged for tutorials. I was promised alot I didn't get. I got quite a few. Some were new, most not, but they are all in one file and need an index. I still think it was a good idea and could make some money. If LE doesn't need money then why are auctions being done, and why is it in siggy lines? I'm sorry that Corri is so disapointed in the results. I tried my best. I even told her who was willing to help do the indexing for it when it was sent to her. Jana has offered to make an index for it and I think I will send it to her and then maybe we can get it out to ya'll only now I guess there will be no donation to LE it will just be free for the asking. So let me get this to Jana and give her time to index it and then we will start sending it out to those that want it. I'm sorry this has taken so long but as I stated before in here it was like pulling hens teeth getting them. I had some that sent them then asked me not to use them for various reasons. I had some promised that never came through. I will probably be banned after this but I don't care. I say what I think. Right now I wish I still had all my emails and PM's to lets say this sites administration. POKE ME WITH A FORK I"M DONE !! Why can't I learn not to say what I think???
(after I send out these tutorials)
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Nancy View Post
As I read the suggestions I figured we shouldn't assume Corri and Jason wanted to take on more than they are.

But, I thought the tutorial thing via e-mail or CD had been agreed to. Bummer it is going on hold. Guess I should be glad I will move away from my dial up in a month or so (if the antenna reaches here).

Old 2007-01-23, 7:08am

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about you. I know you worked very hard on this. I think everyone knows that.

Apparently the auctions are generating enough money to cover the bills at this time.
Old 2007-01-23, 11:51am
Administrator

I did not agree to do this project. I agreed to look at it. I did look at it and decide it was not worth the time it would take to index and distribute this on an ongoing basis.

Thank you for the work that you did Lizabeads. I did tell you that it was ok for you to take on this project. I am sorry that it was unable to be finished. If I had been asked from the beginning if you could gather tutorials and then send all of the stuff to me to finish then I would have said no.

As far as tutorials go, I have a whole section for them. I provide them for free with the option of people donating money if they find them helpful or feel like it. LE is a free service that runs off of the ad money and donations. I did not say LE does not need money, nor did I say that it does. We provide information for free and let people make their own choices as to if they would like to donate or not.

If you plan on distributing the tutorials anyways please make sure that you contact the people who provided them to make sure that they still give you permission since it has been so long and since you are now distributing them in a way that was not originally agreed upon between you and the tutorial providers.

This was your project, not LE's project.