Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-01-01, 6:19pm

Default JEFF BARBER at Craft Guild of Dallas, Jan 27, 28 & 29, 2012

Class Name: Giving Glass a Voice
Class Description:

Glass in it's molten state does some amazing things with out any help from the bead maker. Some of the most interesting organic designed beads are those where the glass is aloud to have a say in the final outcome of the design. The key is for us, the bead maker, to understand what the glass can do, and to how exert enough of our own will to create an interesting and well shaped bead without silencing the voice of the glass.

The first half of this class we will use a range of techniques, some of which include gravity, reduction, reactions between different colors of glass, using metal leaf, hollow beads and how to utilize clear glass for more than just encasing.

Many of these same techniques can be used in more controlled beads such as dot patterns. The second half of this class will focus on what I call technical beads. Dot patterns, intricately raked patterns, making and using simple murrini, etc.

We will finish up the class by learning how to rivet end caps and bails to our finished beads. Everyone will have the opportunity to rivet caps on at least one of their beads, more if time allows.

There will be a strong focus on making well shaped beads.

See pictures below for examples of what will be included in these classes.

Course Level: Intermediate, meaning the student is comfortable using an oxygen/propane torch and can make a round bead with out help.

The cost is $600 for all 3 days or $400 for first two days and $200 for third day. This DOES NOT include the cost of glass. We try to keep the cost down but it depends on what the instructor asks for and we only charge you what it costs us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me (214-564-4979). I cannot sign you up, only the Craft Guild office can do that, but I can answer questions. You can email the Craft Guild at: craftguildofdallas@yahoo.com or call them at: 972-490-0303.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-09, 10:54pm

This is going to be a great class - come learn some fun new techniques!!