Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2006-01-14, 5:29pm

Default HELP! How to dispose of Liver of Sulfer

OKay...I've used my liver of Sulfer to tarnish my sterling...now how do I dispose of it...no instructions on my jar and nothing I can find quickly online....it's freaking me out---help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rickie

Last edited by rickie; 2006-01-14 at 9:55pm.
Old 2006-01-14, 6:19pm
Entropy increasing....

Well, stop freaking out to begin with. Take it to your local dump. Don't they have a hazardous materials disposal facility? Most do.
Old 2006-01-14, 8:00pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickie
OKay...I've used my liver of Sulfer to tarnish my sterling...now how do I dispose of it...not instructions on my jar and nothing I can find quickly online....it's freaking my out---help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Rickie
Just store it in safe container till next time you need to use it....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-01-14, 9:33pm
ManBearPig

It's an organic compound. Just pour it right down the sink.

•
•
•
Old 2006-01-14, 9:54pm

thanks y'all. I purchased some chunks in a can, put a couple of pieces in some hot water to dip my viking weave chains in and then thought---what do I do with this now!!! I do kindof freak out when things say "toxic". I found a site that said to neutralize it with baking powder, then pour it over cat litter to dry before tossing and that just made it smell to high heaven...so I was starting to hyperventilate. I do sooo appreciate the advice...gee, can I really just wash it down the sink....I though I would be poisoning the city water supply....am I ditzy or what!!! Thank each one of you for responding so quickly and helpfully!!!
mwaaah---
Rickie
Old 2006-01-15, 9:16am
ManBearPig

I'm not a chemist, so I don't know what's in it. But, Tim McCreight (who is one of the biggest names in jewelry) told me to pour it down the sink. So did a couple other big name designers, so I listen to them...

•
•
•